Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she's joining SHIELD; of all organizations.
    Instant promotion to Field Director or somesuch in AoS seems like lunacy. Making her a perfect brainwashed lovers mate for Crusher Creel was unbelievable also. Her character was pretty much ignored during/since Secret Wars. And she just recently appeared in Daredevil wishing she was in The Longbow Hunters instead.

Yeah, Elektra is need of some real appreciation.
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 09-03-2016 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    jackolover

You would be right if we would be talking about Captain America
    But Steve said in his solo that it is better for him when heroes fight. He is happy that we have Civil War 2.
    He gave them warning because he don't want to arrest Cable.
    I didn't remember that from Steves book, so it makes a lot of sense this Hydra Steve is seeding or formenting more conflict in the hero community. It's odd that the future Doctor Strange in Spiderman 2099 didn't mention Steve Rogers was a menace in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Seeing as someone did make this thread, clearly how much or little this issue had to do with CWII didn't matter one way or another as far as interest levels go.

Threads dedicated to individual issues usually have to do with someone having the time to write a synopsis/review. You can love an issue but not necessarily have the time to get a thread going. Sometimes it's easier to just post your thoughts on a preview thread.

As for Steve and Cable, their confrontation is setting up a much bigger showdown to come so...not a waste.
    Yeah, I can see people not having time, it's just in the past, we saw a lot of threads created during events, but not this time. And I do now notice that the cover for next issue does have some confrontation between Steve and Cable, so maybe there is going to be a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    of course we don't know who will throw the first punch but it will be interesting to see if Hydra cap has some ulterior motivation for the fight against cable like maybe time travellers telepaths and the like are on his hit list for they're posing a threat to his plans
    Very intriguing. I do wish we are given more representation of Steve's tactics in thought balloons, showing his real intention, because up till now we have had to surmise his intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Yeah it did indeed feel like Ulysses was saying that for the purpose of taking Cable out before he could become a problem for the Inhumans, would this then count as the Inhuman's firing the first shot that leads to XvI?
    I like that consequence of Ulysses' prediction of taking out Cable as a threat to Inhumans. I wish something like that was shown in a few panels of Ulysses smirking while delivering the vision.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Even though it was only, what? 7, 8 years ago? In terms of character development for Deadpool it may as well be 25 years ago.
    Well, in terms of a relatively moral Deadpool, it's still a new development. Just because he was never that bad, doesn't mean he was ever that good.

So Clint's spiel that Deadpool 'makes the hard choices' when he pulls the trigger is really BS. I like Deadpool, don't get me wrong. But morally, he did, and does, leave a lot to be desired

BANNED

jackolover:
    I didn't remember that from Steves book, so it makes a lot of sense this Hydra Steve is seeding or formenting more conflict in the hero community. It's odd that the future Doctor Strange in Spiderman 2099 didn't mention Steve Rogers was a menace in 2016?
    Steve said: ...they'll be to busy fighting each other to interfere with our plans" of course he add that they will fight without his help but because they "distrust of each other"
    but another war should be similarly good for him.
    Ulysses visions changed future many many times

Very intriguing. I do wish we are given more representation of Steve's tactics in thought balloons, showing his real intention, because up till now we have had to surmise his intentions.
    I think that it would be better if we can read about this in his solo series. It should looks good for UA in Ua book but reading Cap Am should add more layers for the story

The Cool Thatguy :
    So Clint's spiel that Deadpool 'makes the hard choices' when he pulls the trigger is really BS. I like Deadpool, don't get me wrong. But morally, he did, and does, leave a lot to be desired
    Hawkeye was talking more about himself than Deadpool. He had hard time and almost run. He didn't - partially because of Deadpool answer, partially because he is Hawkeye

Gross. . .

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, in terms of a relatively moral Deadpool, it's still a new development. Just because he was never that bad, doesn't mean he was ever that good.

Oh trust me, I'm not arguing that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Elektra is one of my faves so a scene with her and Cable together will be great to see
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She should be a part of his next X-Force. I wouldn't mind seeing her in some X-Books.
    I think she is only in Agents of SHIELD for their final issues as it looks like the book is cancelled as of November. I'm annoyed at having to pick it up to read about Elektra but at least it will be brief and I also get her in one of my favourite books when she is in UA. She does have history of being in a position of authority within SHIELD though. She was leading the Wolverine task force for them in Enemy of the State. She is also guest starring in Spider-Man 2099 in November as well which I also buy. Marvel are ramping up her visibility in what I'm hoping will be a new ongoing launching soon.