Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Greg Hatcher Appreciation Thread

Well, since the comments fields have been eliminated to all but Facebook, here is a thread to discuss the latest or past columns from Greg Hatcher. Here are the archives of past columns: http://www.cbr.com/author/greg-hatcher/

Greg is one of the main reasons that I come to this site. We are of similar ages, with similar interests in comics, pulp literature, books, and other entertainment areas. Greg's columns about his classes are inspiring and his points of view on comics, tv & movies, and other topics are insightful and entertaining. My ultimate favorite, though, are the bookscouting trips. They are one part travelogue, one part book review, one part essay about life. Greg's been with the site a long time and brings a heck of a lot of knowledge (and, for me, nostalgia) about the Bronze Age of comics. Greg is also a published author, with work available from Airship 27. Check out his work.

The most recent column, about the DC-100 PG issues of JLA was another trip back in time, for me. I had all of those and actively sought out all of the 100-PG issues I could find. I had most of the superhero titles, and things like the Tarzan ones; but, never even had a whiff of the horror or romance ones. These, along with the DC Digests and Limited Collector's Edition/All-New Collector's Edition (and similar releases at Marvel) were the trade books before trade collections.
    Last edited by codystarbuck; 09-02-2016 at 12:59 AM.