Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The guy who plays Walter on Scorpion as Danys darthraki body Guard with the whip in GOT s1 and s2. Never realized it was him till rewatching this week.
    Yeah. He was also the scientist in World War Z, talking about nature and breadcrumbs.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Leonard Nimoy as a juvenile delinquent on an episode of the original Dragnet. Lee Marvin also played a bad guy in an episode.

Clint Eastwood in a cameo as a lab assistant in Revenge of the Creature. He was also an Air Force pilot in the closing scene of Tarantula.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Leonard Nimoy as a juvenile delinquent on an episode of the original Dragnet.
    There's an old episode of Broken Arrow that I saw recently where he's playing an Indian. He had no lines, but he was still recognizable under the makeup (though much younger than he looked on Star Trek - William Shatner still looked like a baby compared to him by that point).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There's an old episode of Broken Arrow that I saw recently where he's playing an Indian. He had no lines, but he was still recognizable under the makeup (though much younger than he looked on Star Trek - William Shatner still looked like a baby compared to him by that point).
    I saw Nimoy on an episode of Sea Hunt.

And James Colburn shows up on shows like Wanted Dead or Alive and The Rifleman.

I also saw Rod Taylor of Time Machine fame on an episode of Cheyenne.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And James Colburn shows up on shows like Wanted Dead or Alive and The Rifleman.
    Coburn was small potatoes until The Magnificent Seven. Even after that classic film, it took his about 5 years before he became a leading man (while Steve McQueen, during those same five years, was elevated to leading man and then superstardom by the time Coburn was doing the Flint flicks).

I also saw Rod Taylor of Time Machine fame on an episode of Cheyenne.
    "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" episode with Edward Andrews.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

The other day I was watching an episode of COLUMBO (as I often do) and there was an actress in a supporting role who seemed very familiar--especially her voice--but I just couldn't place her. Yet I knew I should know who she is. I looked up the credits on IMDb and found this was Kim Hunter. Now Kim Hunter was a very famous actress who appeared in lots of movies and TV shows, but perhaps her biggest role was as Stella in 1951's A STREET CAR NAMED DESIRE. But the reason her voice was so familier to me was because she played Zira in the APES movies--one of my favourite on-screen chimps.

Kim Hunter in turn reminded me of Jean Simmons (although Hunter was born in 1922 and Simmons in 1929). But I associate Jean Simmons mostly closely with Audrey Hepburn (also born in 1929). I saw a lot of movies on TV with either Jean Simmons or Audrey Hepburn, when I was growing up, and to me they seemed virtually the same person. They looked the same, sounded the same, acted the same. It's always bothered me that Audrey Hepburn is considered this iconic screen beauty and Jean Simmons is rarely put in the same category. Granted, Hepburn got a few more high quality roles than Simmons, but as screen icons I don't see the difference.

Delete this post

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Anthony Mackie in 8 Mile.

I saw a very young Diane Cannon and James Garner as a bad guy in an episode of Cheyenne.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I watched Phantom Menace 1000 times growing up and watched Superman II 1000 times growing up. I just realized a couple years ago that Chancellor Vallorum is General Zod

Amazing Member

Recently pulled Halo Nightfall off the shelf and realized the main character is also the guy playing Luke Cage in the Netflix series.

I recently spotted the late Richard Griffiths, probably best known now as Harry Potter's Uncle Vernon, playing one of the terrorists who try to nuke the Eiffel Tower in Superman II.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I watched Phantom Menace 1000 times growing up and watched Superman II 1000 times growing up. I just realized a couple years ago that Chancellor Vallorum is General Zod
    Similarly, it took me years before I noticed that General Veers from Empire Strikes Back and Walter Donovan from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were played by the same actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Oh man, i never payed attention to that.

Well, i sure as hell haven't watched the phantom menace 1000 times, gawd no, but nice one.