Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool Cover Contest for August 31 to September 6 - EPIC Of The Universe!!!

Here is a Famous Movie Intro to Get you Into the Mode for This Weeks Theme! Watch 1st & Enjoy!

Threw-out My life their are few words to Describe Important and Meaningful Moments, Especially in Fiction Media. One of the Most, If Not the Most Important of these words for me personally in ALL of its forms is:

EPIC

The Word EPIC is Defined by Dictionary.com as:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/epic

* Noting or Pertaining to a Long Poetic Composition, Usually Centered Upon a Hero, In Which a Series of Great Achievements or Events is Narrated in Elevated Style!

OR

* Heroic; Majestic; Impressively Great!

THAT is what the Theme is this Week, Covers the are the VERY Definition of EPIC to You! EPIC Moments, EPIC Fights, EPIC Events, the Variety Is Endless!!!

Heroes, Villains, Citizens, You Name it!

We All have those Covers that Stand Out above all the Literally in All Forms Define EPIC!

Here is My Example Below:

The Posting is Based on the Theme of Most EPIC to the Poster and the Voters Vote on which one Defines the Theme of EPIC the Best!

Hope You Like My Theme this Week, Enjoy!

THE RULES:

1.) Post One (& ONLY ONE) Cover that fits the theme of this Week's Contest!

2.) Cover must be from a Published Comic Book or Collected Volume!

3.) Covers must be Posted before Voting Begins!

4.) Voting Begins 12 AM Tuesday 9/6 and Runs Until 12 AM Wednesday 9/7 PST!

5.) Vote by Posting the name in BOLD of the Poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most! A vote need not be in bold, but it does make it easier to Count-The-Votes!

6.) The Winner of the Contest is the Entry with the MOST Votes after the Voting-Period!

7.) It's Okay to Discuss the Covers but if you Think Someone's Entry Doesn't Fit the Theme or Violates the Rules, you Don't need to Argue it in the thread, Simply Don't Vote for It!

8.) Occasionally Voting will Result in a Tie! The Person Who Started the Thread and Thus will do the Counting that Week will Usually call for a TIE-Breaking Vote from Someone who has Not Yet Voted!

9.) AFTER the Tie-Breaker Vote, Voting Ends and the Winner is Declared by The One Who Started the Thread and Thus will do the Counting!

10.) HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I have to go with this publication. Still not sure which of the fantastic covers I will go with. For now, I'll go with the first. It is Frazetta after all.

Last edited by Kirby101; 08-31-2016 at 07:10 PM.

One of the first covers that comes to mind when I think of epic moments...

How about a book inspired by the Homeric epics themselves....

-M

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I forget, does the cover saying it matches the them help?

Doesn't matter, I got one word for youse.

Kirby.