Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default The Next DC Rebirth Mini Event is Justice League VS Suicide Squad.

After Monster Men wraps up in the Bat-books, Justice League VS Suicide Squad will hit in December & January.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/...0160831142024/
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

I'm excited for this. Tony Daniel, Jason Fabok and other good artists drawing kick-ass action between Suicide Squad and Justice League? Sign me up.

Will this new JLA be reminiscent of John's JLA pitch? If so, you can count on Harley Quinn becoming a Justice League member, following Deadpool's footsteps into Avengers.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Interesting.

Don't see how the League won't steamroll the Squad in half an issue, though.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

What is this gonna be about its not like the Justice League isn't apart of ARGUS too
    Can't make this like the movie with Batman suddenly saying "hey stop that"

Honestly it kind of makes sense that Batman and the Justice League would do this given what's gone on in Batman's ongoing series with Gotham and Gotham Girl and the fact that the Suicide Squad is a pretty dangerous idea that even the president wanted to shut down in its rebirth issue.

I think the greatest part though is the creative team because Joshua Williamson has been doing an amazing job on Flash so far and I can't wait to see what he does with the entire Justice League and the Suicide Squad. Plus sounds like the second wave of rebirth books definitely spin out of this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

so the Justice League is going to job epicly for this to happen...........
    The J-man

If this is gonna lead into a new Justice League of America team with Waller running it
    They might just be putting the Suicide Squad characters on Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so the Justice League is going to job epicly for this to happen...........
    Didn't Rob Williams the writer of Suicide Squad say either Doomsday, Mr. Mxyzptlk or General Zod would be joining the Suicide Squad around issue 2 or something. That would mean that they will have someone on Superman's level to help fight the Justice League. Plus with the addition of Killer Frost and even the Enchantress(if she can stay alive) does throw an interesting element into the mix.

Not to mention I think Amanda Waller has some power over Simon Baz, one of the Green Lanterns of the JL, in that she has threatened to send him back to Guantanamo if he doesn't play ball with her and ARGUS which could throw a wrench in things.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Gonna have to skip this. I have to shrink my pull majorly, and I'm already not buying the main Suicide Squad or JL books so I'm not going to get this mini either.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I have really enjoyed Williamson's Flash run, so I'm very excited for this. Also we finally get news about JLA being spun out of this.

BANNED

Well, it's connected to the new JLA so I guess I have to read it. Not super excited about this, but at least it's not another goddamn heroes vs heroes story. This is why teams of villains can be useful, makes for better crossovers.

I don't know about this. I doesn't sound too appealing. I mean, I'm pulling both titles, so I'll be reading it of course, but... I don't know.
    Last edited by Batmaniac; 09-01-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Not into the concept of the crossover, but I like a everything I've read from Williamson and Fabok drawing the Justice League is an instant buy. I really love events begin done like this, 2 months, only 2 tie-in series, and one artist make it so much easier to invest in.

An event limited series with no tie ins is probably better.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

First Rebirth arc that I'd skip, unless the Squad and Waller go fully bad. Harley in the JL sounds like shark jumping.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison