Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Original director wants to do cursed child with classic cast.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/11/ha...io-1234676504/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    that didn't take long. WB trademarked the name rights also. Collider movie news is reporting that they want to make it a three film series! (like the hobbit was.)

I have mixed feelings about the story. They should scrap the time travel angle and rework the plot. The father-son drama is fine, it just needs more fleshing out. Maybe keep that and scrap everything else?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

How many of the original cast will still want to work with Rowling? They were pretty unanimous in condemning her TERFery.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    How many of the original cast will still want to work with Rowling? They were pretty unanimous in condemning her TERFery.
    I mean, do they have to work with her? Just pay her her check and keep her off the lot, done.

Ultimate Member

Well if they went out of thier way to kick her out of everything couldn't she then just rescind her approval or something and kill any movie...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well if they went out of thier way to kick her out of everything couldn't she then just rescind her approval or something and kill any movie...
    That's the problem, I believe she still has creative control over the franchise. Even stuff like casting decisions have to go through her.

She might be able to stop everything if people don't want to work with her.

And God knows she definitely doesn't need the money.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-10-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Based on the published script, I wouldn't bother seeing this movie anyway. It's really not very good IMO.

In addition to Rowling's current toxicity with a fairly significant part of the target audience, how many of these actors want to go back to those roles at this point? Radcliffe and Watson in particular have worked pretty hard to build careers where people don't instantly go "Harry and Hermione!" when they see them.

I watched the theater play here in London and liked it very much. I have read in multiple places that people who read the book/ script think it isn't great but people who watch the play think it's great. I certainly liked it!

Extraordinary Member

He must have read the script.

It's just not a good story.

He better be careful. This is WB. They will recast in a second. It won't hurt their feelings at all! Just ask mad max and 89 batman!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

He better be careful. This is WB. They will recast in a second. It won't hurt their feelings at all! Just ask mad max and 89 batman!
    Eh, recasting Harry Potter is much different than Batman or Mad Max. Because of the way they've marketed the past films with Radcliff so forward and even used his likeness in the merchandise he is Harry Potter to the audience so I don't think they'd be open to seeing someone else take that role even if Harry doesn't feature a lot in the play.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

If they recasted mad max (a much bigger actor and for years they said no one else could ever play the role!) the mask and dumb and dumber at jim carrys height of fame and not just once but twice in a role keatons batman don't think for a second, they won't recast harry potter.

WB does not care. In fact back around the 5th movie they were thinking about recasting the kids as they were getting to old for the roles back then!

As for cursed child. Heard it was not that great. Would it be better to just make a new story over using it?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-18-2022 at 06:42 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

No one wanted to touch Mel Gibson at the time so that made it easy for WB to recast.

Maybe finish fantastic beasts first isn't it supposed to be 7 movie's or something? So still 4 movies to go.