View Poll Results: Stop with the tears and vote!

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 70.59%
  • No

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Has a comic book ever brought tears to your eyes?

Last edited by Kolimar; 09-01-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

BANNED

Why don't you go first. Sort of traditional.

Hell, yeah! Starman #19, "Talking with David '96." Jack and David meet up again and Jack fills him in on what has happened over the past year. Jack has grown into the role of hero, finding his true calling. David sets up a bit of fun, with an old sailing ship and a battle with pirates, just like when they imagined as kids. David saves a special surprise for the end. As they near the dock, Jack sees a figure standing, waving to them. It's his late mother. She is young, beautiful and smiling as she waves. Jack runs down the gangplank, a massive smile beaming from his face. David tells him, "You don't have long, though. An hour, no more." Jack, calls back, "Oh Davey! Thank you, man! Thank you!" As Jack nears our POV, we see tears streaming from his eyes, while his mouth grins from ear to ear. David replies, "Any time, bro. Any Time." The last shot is of David, in his Starman uniform, smiling at the happiness he has brought his brother, cape flapping in the wind, looking all of the hero. In that moment, he is a true hero.

This was only the second Talking with David and they were my favorite chapters, from the start. They act as an epilogue to previous adventures and allow Jack to find closure with the ghost of his brother and he also, in future, gets a chance to meet other heroes. However, this was the shining moment. It's an act of pure love and kindness and it gets me EVERY time I read the story, even as I glanced at it to confirm the issue number, just now. James Robinson is an unparalleled writer in that moment and Tony Harris captures the emotion of the scene like no other. It is a perfect synthesis and probably my favorite couple of pages in any comic ever created.
    Last edited by codystarbuck; 09-01-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Would Maus count? If so, then yes.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

GOD, YES!
    Gert's death in Runaways
    The funeral in New X-men read by Kitty "We remember.."
    Julian begging Emma Frost to help him save Laura (yeah, New X-men had a lot of tear-jerking moments, god I loved it so).
    The end of Loki's Journey into Mystery
    Emma reaching out to comfort Kitty as she saves the world in Astonishing X-men
    Tears of joy when Billy/Teddy's kiss saved the multi-verse in Gillen's incredible Young Avengers
    (to name just a few)

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-01-2016 at 01:53 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

-- Death of Supergirl (Crisis)
    -- "Zot!" - Death of xxxx (I don't want to spoil it even now because the surprise was part of it)
    -- "Zot!" again during the issue where one of the supporting characters comes out of the closet.
    -- I started crying reading some comic book about 9/11, but it wasn't so much the comic as it was about 9/11

I know there have been others, but I can't think of them at the moment...

Hell no. Not even close.

I've lived real shit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astro City 1/2 "The Nearness of You"

Marvels #4 "The Day She Died"

BANNED

Yeah. We3 for sure. I'm sucker for a shaggy dog (and cat and rabbit) story. Probably others as well. I don't cry at the drop of a hat, but some things get me.

Nah, never happen.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

End of HITMAN moved me

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It wasn't "get out the box of Kleenex" kind of emotion but Electra's and Jean Grey's deaths I found tragic and shocking....the first time.
    To a lesser degree, the GN Doctor Strange/Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment. At least no one has really made any attempts to revisit that.

Nah, never happen.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

Oh, that's different.

So what comic books made you cry?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-01-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why don't you go first. Sort of traditional.
    Well, I'm not exactly a traditional kind of guy.
    Nah, never happen.

"Corruptus In Extremis"