Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Thread:Batman #6 preview

Interview: Tom King on Gotham Girl’s Future in BATMAN #6 (Preview)

http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...ure-in-batman/

Now Gotham Girl reminds me a design I saw of Stephanie Brown as Nightwing in Smallville(yes, that never came to pass).. fortunately they are no longer similar but is similar to batwoman, a blonde Kate...

Yes, she is broke, is like...

Gwenpool? I saw her in one occasion in a comic.. I would say that looks like an crazy girl like Harley(the voices, yes if for the powers, she hear the people) but I think I was exaggerating..

Batman should put that girl in arkham or in a place with less bad influences... I doubt she can live in a normal house without vigilance..

NOW WE UNDERSTAND THE BATMAN 6 COVER..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-01-2016 at 11:54 AM.

I don't see how she is anything like those characters. She is obviously traumatised by her brother's dead and has gone into some kinda denial stage.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Interview: Tom King on Gotham Girl’s Future in BATMAN #6 (Preview)
    http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...ure-in-batman/
    I've found King's Batman a slow starter, but am enjoying it at this point (even though I wish Mikel Janin was the primary artist, rather than secondary). I am really curious about why King is so set on doing a Death of Batman story just after we got done with a "Death of Batman's memory" arc, and 8 years after an actual "Death of Batman" story. What he says thematically about it in the interview is very interesting, but it just seems too soon. Maybe he'll wow us all with his execution, but I'm skeptical right now.

I do like the idea of Robin dating Supergirl, though I hope he doesn't go too tragic on us.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

I saw Colonel Blimp and Captain Stingaree. I'm surprised someone other than me remembers that they existed.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't see how she is anything like those characters. She is obviously traumatised by her brother's dead and has gone into some kinda denial stage.
    I see Gotham Girl something crazy now(affected by his brother death)... but even I say... I do not know another character for compare this..... Creeper? She is crazy now..

Ignore that..

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I've found King's Batman a slow starter, but am enjoying it at this point (even though I wish Mikel Janin was the primary artist, rather than secondary). I am really curious about why King is so set on doing a Death of Batman story just after we got done with a "Death of Batman's memory" arc, and 8 years after an actual "Death of Batman" story. What he says thematically about it in the interview is very interesting, but it just seems too soon. Maybe he'll wow us all with his execution, but I'm skeptical right now.

I do like the idea of Robin dating Supergirl, though I hope he doesn't go too tragic on us.
    Ya it seems like every time a new writter comes along, we'll have to sit through a "death of batman" story during the run.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Ya it seems like every time a new writter comes along, we'll have to sit through a "death of batman" story during the run.
    Blame Knightfall, Dixon, O'Neil, etc for being so successful.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I saw Colonel Blimp and Captain Stingaree. I'm surprised someone other than me remembers that they existed.
    King literally just me made a superfan of his with Blimp and Stingaree. And what I love is that he doesn't go edgy 2016 kewl with them. He stays true to them, camp and all.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Well, at least Duke now has more of a role in the book other then just standing around while the brunt of his development is saved for All-Star. And he's still getting treated like a Robin .

Though a tragic take on a "Robin and Supergirl" romance does sound intriguing.

Wow, I'm a major Batman fan, and Kite-Man is the only name here I recognize (thanks to Brave and the Bold). Guess I really need to start back-reading more of the classic stuff...can't wait to see Ivan Reis' Kite-Man though .

Batman and Catwoman's relationship is going to be integral to the book going forward? Me likey .

Can't wait to read King's Catwoman and see exactly how Bruce and Selina's relationship will be portrayed, especially when King says it's not what we expect. Given Catwoman doesn't have a solo, it's nice to at least have her playing a big role in Batman, especially when a lot of other books are re-emphasizing their respective heroes' main love interest.

I'm liking what I'm hearing here - especially in regards to the use of obscure, almost forgotten villains, and the Batman/Catwoman stuff - but I couldn't feel more apathetic about another 'Death of Batman' arc. It's played out now. Let's not turn Batman into Kenny (South Park).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

To be fair, King said Batman isn't dying anytime in the next year so it'll be awhile before that story happens.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    To be fair, King said Batman isn't dying anytime in the next year so it'll be awhile before that story happens.
    Well at least that's a good factor in this whole thing. Although I have to wonder what sort of tragic theme are we going to go with with these two new heroes? Do we go Shakespeare themed drama (R and J, Othello, Henry VII, aspects of a winter's tale) or are we going more melodrama like in Midsummer's nights dream? Are we doing the star crossed lovers or something more interesting then that? Do we go with the girl going bad? Or are we going to have a failed "I can't pull out of this" moment for GG?

Wonder if we're going to see some of King's Vision like writing in this?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This actually looks like it might be the best issue in the short run so far. And I absolutely LOVE Ivan Reis' art!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I think it was a mistake to make the first arc of King's run with another new character. Maybe not King's run, but Rebirth. I had a friend (a casual fan of superheroes) try out the first arc, and he really liked it... until the end. His first comment was that he wanted to read about Batman and maybe Robin and had no interest whatsoever in Gotham Girl beyond this arc. Definitely anecdotal evidence, but I think that this is probably the mentality of most new/lapsed readers who gave this title a shot.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)