View Poll Results: Are you remotely hyped for this "x-men" event?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah, Marvel is the best

6 5.66%
  • As excited as I am for all new marvel now

6 5.66%
  • I'll wait and see

27 25.47%
  • Death to the inhumans!

52 49.06%
  • Chill out, Marvel knows what they're doing (said absolutely no one)

9 8.49%
  • Not hyped at all

31 29.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myeldermoon View Post
    it was a origin story that picked up everything that is classic and wonderfull about the wonder woman mythos and just ... amazing. The amazons were advanced, diana had a good relanthionship with her mother, none of that rapy murdery thingy.
    like it was one of those books that shows that "edgyness and pessimism" isnīt always the right choice and that a story about love and justice can still be powerfull and touching.
    I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Nope, X men were used because they sold, were successful and people liked them and still do, they had nothing to do with inhumans . Inhumans were shoved everywhere around those times to see if they could find an audience and guess what, they never could! Theres no thing such as balance, what sells sells and what doesn't sell doesn't sell, you don't have to put X men aside to promote the inhumans, hell I'm sure there were better ways for marvel to promote the inhumans with a Lil help from the X men without shoving them aside but they decided to antagonize the X fans because... Reasons I guess... It's not gonna work BTW, this is not tv, the audience is not stupid and they can see right through it, hell I'm not buying anything marvel except x men until I can open an X book and don't see any mention, of Inhumans, terrigen mists or avengers. So I'm dc rebirth all the way, at least they have some respect for their long time fans
    Well, Rebirth is the result of the NEW 52/DC YOU disaster; so DisMarvel is eventually going to learn, but we would have to wait until at least 2020.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    I completely agree with you for once. I got to check DC and see if there are stories to my liking.
    We agree for once, it's the end of the world, maybe inhumans will finally sell ! Also I'll also recommend current wonder woman by Greg Rucka, it's fixing Diana origin for once and issue #2 and #4 and easily some of the best comics I've read this year, I can see that DC rebirth gots stuff for old and new fans alike and I'm sure you'll find something you like

BANNED

maybe we shall find that inhumans and mutants are offshoots of the same race and they will combine to form one alpha and omega species which will lead to more outrage exasperation and tears and the celestials would have none of it and blame it on the watchers and then we will have a watches and Celestine War which will raize reality and the tribunal will say to the one above all that it's your fault and gather other tribunals and fight him to death and then we shall have resurrection but the web of life is in tatters now and spiders are dying and on verge of extinction and they find that the panther totem is behind it....

BANNED

Roughly as excited I have been for any Marvel event since Secret Invasion: not in the slightest. Events are a pox on comics.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    maybe we shall find that inhumans and mutants are offshoots of the same race and they will combine to form one alpha and omega species which will lead to more outrage exasperation and tears and the celestials would have none of it and blame it on the watchers and then we will have a watches and Celestine War which will raize reality and the tribunal will say to the one above all that it's your fault and gather other tribunals and fight him to death and then we shall have resurrection but the web of life is in tatters now and spiders are dying and on verge of extinction and they find that the panther totem is behind it....
    I like that part, except for where the Panther Totem/Deity is responsible for the possible extinction of the Spider Totems. Considering that Bast and Neith --- goddesses associated with panthers and spiders, respectively --- share a common origin in Egypt, which is on the continent of Africa, Anansi is the god of at least one major African creation myth and associated with spiders as well (the first Spider-Man, according to JMS's run), and Bast is sometimes equated with the Panther God that the Black Panther reveres and is empowered by, wouldn't it be better for the Panthers and the Spiders to work together?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like that part, except for where the Panther Totem/Deity is responsible for the possible extinction of the Spider Totems. Considering that Bast and Neith --- goddesses associated with panthers and spiders, respectively --- share a common origin in Egypt, which is on the continent of Africa, Anansi is the god of at least one major African creation myth and associated with spiders as well (the first Spider-Man, according to JMS's run), and Bast is sometimes equated with the Panther God that the Black Panther reveres and is empowered by, wouldn't it be better for the Panthers and the Spiders to work together?
    quoted for truth. this applies to the inhumans and X Men battling it out when they should be exchanging convoys and co existing together but marvel wants a war so we get M-pox. As for my idea it was just a attempt at poking fun at marvel who is instigating one war after another. there is a possibility of even a War to be fought for freeing eternity who's imprisoned. thanks for the info by the way and it does make sense for the clans of two animal totems to work together but try explaining to marvel who love enforced conflicts.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 09-03-2016 at 04:01 PM.

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    31 votes for Death to Inhumans. I love it. That number must make Marvel mad. Evidence they will never convert us!
    45 votes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Can't we just strike a balance with both sides?
    That will never happen as long as Fox still hold the rights.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    quoted for truth. this applies to the inhumans and X Men battling it out when they should be exchanging convoys and co existing together but marvel wants a war so we get M-pox. As for my idea it was just a attempt at poking fun at marvel who is instigating one war after another. there is a possibility of even a War to be fought for freeing eternity who's imprisoned. thanks for the info by the way and it does make sense for the clans of two animal totems to work together but try explaining to marvel who love enforced conflicts.
    You're welcome. Mythology related to spiders has been a favorite subject of mine since I really started getting into being a Spider-Fan, especially since some of that mythology gets invoked in the comics themselves. And yes, they should be working together instead of against each other, but alas, Marvel and its love for forced conflict. It's like people can't just reasonably disagree, but ultimately come together for a greater good; they have to beat the s*** out of each other, try to destroy/ruin each other utterly, and then if they do come together, it feels hollow because they've already done so much horrible s*** to each other they should by all reasonable accounts hate and despise each other forever. Maybe not to the point of outright violence every time their paths cross, but more along the lines of pointed avoidance and very unkind words if avoidance is not a possibility.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I voted for wait and see, as is usually the stance I take on Marvel's events. I enjoyed Secret Wars, but CWII is boring so far. It is always a toss up for me on Marvel's events. I even tried to get into the inhumans. I bought the first few issues of All New and Uncanny Inhuman's and it just didn't work for me. Still I like good comics regardless of how the star is so lets hope this is good.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

I'm not hyped for this, nor any other of Marvel's "please buy these other characters instead of the ones you like" shilling garbage.

I really just want to read X-Men from Marvel. Any time this shared universe crap pops in is just panels and pages taken away from already very limited space for development for the X-Men.

Why not Avengers vs Inhumans?

I don't know why the X-Men haven't been given their own universe yet.

I just flat out do not care about any of these "look who our next movie is about" characters. It's so annoying and never stops.