Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Cyborg.why ?

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Do people even want Vic on the Titans or do really just want him in the background of a Titans team?

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Do people even want Vic on the Titans or do really just want him in the background of a Titans team?
    I can't imagine they want him in the background for JL.

so i went back and read darkseid war, which is the latest justice league story that was published before rebirth started.

in this story, victor gets attacked by grail and she exposes his chest cavity. and capt marvel is surprised to see skin and bones underneath. victor tells billy that his body has been "growing back" underneath the armor plating he wears.

so with that known fact, i think you guys have even more reason to pause the outrage and wait till victor's new book comes out. it seems like a pretty important plot point introduced by geoff johns himself.

BANNED

Yes and that went nowhere. Geoff and Co don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Yes and that went nowhere. Geoff and Co don't get the benefit of the doubt.
    how is it that this went "nowhere?" where do you suppose it would have found somewhere to go in the last few months since it was even introduced? no one has had a chance to follow-up on it yet. cripes

All-New Member

why does every one here say that Johns want Cyborg to look like a tank when he wrote this? Seems like he's in support of a slimmer design.

And can someone post any links to where Walker had issues with Johns and other people of editorial?

seriously speaking, that plot point of cyborg growing his body back underneath the armor was introduced in august 2015. it's been exactly 1 year since it was introduced.

since then, the justice league has had time to defeat darkseid, grail, and anti-monitor and that is pretty much it. in rebirth, they are dealing with some invasion in justice league and it has only been 4 issues of global catastrophe.

so since august 2015, where exactly do you propose they have had time to take that plot point anywhere?

it seems like if anyone is going to follow up on johns ideas in the rebirth, it's the cyborg book.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    so i went back and read darkseid war, which is the latest justice league story that was published before rebirth started.

in this story, victor gets attacked by grail and she exposes his chest cavity. and capt marvel is surprised to see skin and bones underneath. victor tells billy that his body has been "growing back" underneath the armor plating he wears.

so with that known fact, i think you guys have even more reason to pause the outrage and wait till victor's new book comes out. it seems like a pretty important plot point introduced by geoff johns himself.
    I'm thinking that Vic can still change back to a normal looking human. As you said Johns made it a point to mention that his human body had grown back. Semper said part of his story will be about "what its like for a black man to live in Detroit". I don't think you can get the human experience if the main character looks like a big robot walking down the street. Also there have been reports that in the Justice League movie he can change back and forth between his human form and Cyborg and I think they went with the current all armor look because it more closely resembles the cinematic universe version of the character (which looked terrible in the preview). I'm just pissed off that they ditched a far superior design for this boring look. Cyborg finally had a modern look but they went back to this lame Ironman cosplay crap.

BANNED

The fact that he could change back maybe doesn't change his costume when he is being a hero from looking lame and outdated.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    The fact that he could change back maybe doesn't change his costume when he is being a hero from looking lame and outdated.
    Exactly. I can' get behind anyone saying Cyborg's the "most modern hero" when he looks like he needs a telephone connection to operate. If they had Superman or the Flash looking like that as their base appearance in posters, and comic books, and movies, I'm more than certain their fans wouldn't be too pleased.

So why does Cyborg have to look like that?

seriously speaking, that plot point of cyborg growing his body back underneath the armor was introduced in august 2015. it's been exactly 1 year since it was introduced.

since then, the justice league has had time to defeat darkseid, grail, and anti-monitor and that is pretty much it. in rebirth, they are dealing with some invasion in justice league and it has only been 4 issues of global catastrophe.

so since august 2015, where exactly do you propose they have had time to take that plot point anywhere?

it seems like if anyone is going to follow up on johns ideas in the rebirth, it's the cyborg book.
    Remember, Walker's Cyborg debuted in September of 2015, so it's highly likely Johns included that plot point to coincide with Walker's reveal in his book, seeing as how, in the next couple of issues of JL, Vic was instantly in his DCYou design.

If that wasn't the case, however, since Johns introduced it, it would be up to him to actually follow up on that story line no? That reveal happened in Issue 41 and went to the end, Issue 52. Johns had 11 issues to follow up on it. In my opinion, he had plenty of time to do so if he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by acessential View Post
    And can someone post any links to where Walker had issues with Johns and other people of editorial?
    Our friendly, neighborhood Robotman had the opportunity to speak to Walker at a convention and he got that little tidbit of information from him.
    Last edited by HereNThere; 09-06-2016 at 01:06 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

as far as the book goes, i still think your grievances with it are flimsy at best. it is useless for you to doom a rebirth book to failure before you have even given yourself a chance to read it. i say that because all of the other rebirth books so far have been thoughtful and honest to the characters. so i say give them a chance.
    There's a difference between "dooming a rebirth book to failure" and looking at what information on the Cyborg book that we have and deciding that its not something I'm interested in supporting. The things I've heard about this plus the design are a huge turn off to me because it seems DC is backpedaling on the character yet again. (Note that I said "seems" rather than "is"). I simply feel this title isn't going to be worth my time or money based on that although if I hear good things from people I trust about it after a couple of issues I'll gladly give it a try.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Remember, Walker's Cyborg debuted in September of 2015, so it's highly likely Johns included that plot point to coincide with Walker's reveal in his book, seeing as how, in the next couple of issues of JL, Vic was instantly in his DCYou design.

If that wasn't the case, however, since Johns introduced it, it would be up to him to actually follow up on that story line no? That reveal happened in Issue 41 and went to the end, Issue 52. Johns had 11 issues to follow up on it. In my opinion, he had plenty of time to do so if he wanted.
    There's also the fact that Johns has a bad habit of dropping entire plot points without ever following up on them particularly in event books. Walker picked up on that thread but beyond that I hardly think that Johns saying that in a comic constitutes solid proof that Vic actually will continue have human flesh regrowing under his electronics with this new run. There's no evidence of that as yet because again the book isn't out yet
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 09-06-2016 at 01:13 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    There's also the fact that Johns has a bad habit of dropping entire plot points without ever following up on them particularly in event books. Walker picked up on that thread but beyond that I hardly think that Johns saying that in a comic constitutes solid proof that Vic actually will continue have human flesh regrowing under his electronics with this new run. There's no evidence of that as yet because again the book isn't out yet
    And this is the reason I don't trust anything that comes out of a DC editor's mouth, especially Johns. I remember when Jackson Hyde was supposed to appear in Teen Titans at the beginning of New 52, but the writer couldn't use him because Johns had big plans for the character in Aquaman. Well...those plans never panned our and Jackson was left in limbo for 5 years, when he could have been riding a hype wave after Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post

not at all! did you read darkseid war? there was barely any time to breathe, let alone for any of them to drop what they are doing to talk about victor's body growing back.