Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spike Spiegel VS Oliver Queen

CW Arrow Oliver Queen VS Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.

Two Scenarios

Fight 1: H2H.

Fight 2: Spike with his guns vs Oliver with his bow and arrow. Battle takes place in the Red Dragon Syndicate's HQ.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh.......

Spike wins the first handily. Oliver is an excellent example of a live action street level hero, and he certainly does some things that are peak humanish even by comic book standards.

However, Spike has a damage soak that IS comic book peak human. Plus skills to darn near match. Strength enough to kick and punch and flip people twenty plus feet away sort of thing, plus make impressive leaps and the like.

Second one Ollie has a chance. He's decent at stealth and has a few trick arrows that could help here. However, even still he will have a time getting through Spike's damage soak.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

I'm thinking Spike is going to have a tough time soaking a regular steel arrow to the head.

Damage soak is all very nice when people are throwing you through walls and stuff but tends to not work against headshots for non-powered people.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm thinking Spike is going to have a tough time soaking a regular steel arrow to the head.

Damage soak is all very nice when people are throwing you through walls and stuff but tends to not work against headshots for non-powered people.
    That is true. However, Spike's been shot multiple times and grenaded at close range and survived fairly well (on multiple occasions). Ollie HAS to headshot him or that soak will matter.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think the odds are in the favor of the superior hand to hand fighter who has guns AND knows the layout better than Ollie.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Are the Red Dragons still in their HQ in Round 2?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are the Red Dragons still in their HQ in Round 2?
    Empty except for the two of them.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    That is true. However, Spike's been shot multiple times and grenaded at close range and survived fairly well (on multiple occasions). Ollie HAS to headshot him or that soak will matter.
    This IS Oliver Queen, right? Headshots should be a lot easier than stapling somebody to a wall with arrows through their clothes or otherwise shooting them 100% non-fatally.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This IS Oliver Queen, right? Headshots should be a lot easier than stapling somebody to a wall with arrows through their clothes or otherwise shooting them 100% non-fatally.
    I recall hearing that 'Arrow' Ollie isn't quite as stupid-good as his comics counterpart.

Also...it's been too many years since I watched CB; doesn't Spike bullet-dodge a couple times? And didn't the guy he beat the crap out of in the first episode do that too?
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

EDIT: Wrong place.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-03-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Whuh-oh. I didn't inadvertently touch a Thor-speed-debate type of nerve, did I?
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I recall hearing that 'Arrow' Ollie isn't quite as stupid-good as his comics counterpart.
    I'd somehow missed that it was CW Queen instead of DCU. Mind you, that version is a hell of a lot better in hand to hand than comicbook Queen.

And tv Queen still does the pinning somebody to a wall by his clothes thing from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    However, Spike has a damage soak that IS comic book peak human.
    CW Oliver has better damage soak than he is being given credit for here. He took hits from Mirakuru enhances beings, a couple having shown feats of punching through steel and/or bending it, while attacking him with blood lust. Then there is his fall from being stabbed through the side of the gut and kicked off a huge mountain, landing a long ways down on a ledge with barely any snow to break the fall. When he is found he is shown to be in decent condition and, according to the one who bandaged him up; recovered more or less on his own. As she outright admitted that all she did was slap some band-aides on him iirc. Plus there is his fights in the latest season. One involving a magically enhanced being who outright ripped a metal armrest off a subway chair and smashed Oliver over the back with it, to which Oliver just more or less shrugged off.

I'd..say that is at least comicbookpeak human, if not above it.

Plus skills to darn near match.
    I'd say Oliver is better. He routinely clears groups of people with just a few hits, and later does so against highly trained assassins after receiving their training himself. He has a lot of training, and has fought many beings who were either also highly skilled, superhuman, or both. Spike has too; but not to the same extent as Oliver, who isn't a vampire.

Strength enough to kick and punch and flip people twenty plus feet away sort of thing, plus make impressive leaps and the like.
    Oliver could strike hard enough to put dents in metal and holes through walls. He casually knocks out fully grown men that are even bigger than he is and have shown to have some nice soak feats themselves(see Brick). Oliver is no slouch in the H2H department himself.

He also has nice speed feats involving him catching arrows after they have been fired, outdrawing people who have done the same, and even drawing, and shooting a playing card that was tossed at him near close range. Said card moved at fast enough speeds to cover the distance of a hallway in less than a second or so and pierce through people.

Second one Ollie has a chance. He's decent at stealth and has a few trick arrows that could help here. However, even still he will have a time getting through Spike's damage soak.
    And Olivers own impressive damage soak would allow him to take a lot of Spikes hits.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I think you may have the vampire William the Bloody (Awful Poet), AKA Spike, from Buffy confused with Spike Spiegel the former assassin and current bounty hunter from Cowboy Bebop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Spike has too; but not to the same extent as Oliver, who isn't a vampire.
    Spike isn't a vampire either. Spike Spiegel, from Cowboy Bebop, not William The Bloody from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post

I'd say Oliver is better. He routinely clears groups of people with just a few hits, and later does so against highly trained assassins after receiving their training himself. He has a lot of training, and has fought many beings who were either also highly skilled, superhuman, or both. Spike has too; but not to the same extent as Oliver, who isn't a vampire.
    Wrong Spike.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator