Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Not a bad Atom design if I do say so myself. It takes the more armored take of the CW suit while streamlining it .

And Ray gets to keep the classic Atom look, going by his appearance in Rebirth, which I think is appropriate.

I'm just ecstatic to have Ryan Choi back! The way he was unceremoniously killed off years ago rubbed me the wrong way honestly.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 10-03-2016 at 12:33 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I don't know that much about Ryan but I'm looking forward to knowing more about him soon when he joins the justice league

So how old old is Ryan Choi going to be, b/c it seems that his age has been regressed; is he gonna be the youngest member on the team or just a young member i.e being 19 vs being 24 or 25...

In excited that Ryan is returning and as a Justice League member no less!! Can't wait for JLA

I'd like to see another shot of him before I can react to the new outfit. That drawing doesn't really show much aside from the helmet. (I wonder if he can make it dark to protect his identity when he's interacting with the public. (it would fit with his "crippling social anxiety" as well - you'd think he'd want to hide his face if he's so awkward))

Also, am I the only one who thinks that only .01% of artists are able to accurately draw how asian eyes look?

Spectacular Member

I loved the one-shot!

I haven't read the one-shot. Is he going to be the only Atom? It seems strange to go with him when Ray palmer is the Atom on TV.
    The Five Earths Project
    http://www.5earths.info/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky_Hutch76 View Post
    I haven't read the one-shot. Is he going to be the only Atom? It seems strange to go with him when Ray palmer is the Atom on TV.
    Well, not strictly so. Not all the TV stuff, even if they are popular, makes its way recursively back into the comics, and if so, not always as seen on TV.

Besides, I appreciate that they are giving a shot back to a character who was rather unceremoniously offed for the not so hidden purpose of bringing back an original. They derailed two characters just to bring back one, so I think that the comics side using this opportunity to bring back one of the ones who were wronged, and without the ugliness of why, is a good thing.

Now, if only they could bring back Osiris, too.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-08-2017 at 10:27 PM.

BANNED

Isn't the setup here relatively unique, where the original mentors the "sucessor" from sidekick/support to partner?

Spectacular Member

Not a bad design, but for some reason the silhouette of Ryan's helmet immediately reminded me of this pic of Antman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky_Hutch76 View Post
    He's going to be the main Atom on the comics, that's for sure. I believe Ryan will show up on TV eventually, even he doesn't become a character as important as Ryan on the Arrowverse.

Astonishing Member

I'm glad to see Ryan's back. I did like Simone's version better because I thought the bit about him being allergic/phobic/anxious might have been a bit overstated. But still, I never expected this character to come back at all. So, I won't make a huge thing out of it.

I'd rather have Ray. but I do like this version of Ryan a lot more than the Gail Simone take.

BANNED

Ryan Choi is a character that I don't really care for but this was a pretty good issue. I just hope they don't sideline Ray, like they do with Kord.