Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Geddon#5 And Mayday Parker/MC2 (Spoilers)

Well, one of the last big surprises of Spidergeddon was in one of the last pages where Mayday pondered what had become of "The Other", and Annie told her it was back in play and that it was someone close to her...cut to a hand punching it's way out of the grave on Mayday's Earth, the tombstone reading "PETER BENJAMIN PARKER: BELOVED HUSBAND AND FATHER"

So what does this mean for Mayday's universe, and for Peter himself? Mayday said in this issue her mother would relish the chance to kiss her husband again, so they ought to be fine there, will this mean Peter will have regrown his leg? Will he have organic webbing? Can he go on patrol with Mayday as a renergized Spider-Man? Will we see a new Mayday mini-series or ongoing spin out of this in 2019?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-19-2018 at 12:43 PM.

It's pretty clear that the ending with the three Spider-Girls saying goodbye to each other is a teaser for a potential series.

However, the poor sales of the mini will probably mean that we won't see much of them outside of another Spider-Verse event.

Funny that Normie makes the crack about the Spiders "relying on Dues Ex Machina too much" and thats exactly what we get in this ending issue. One panel they are all shooting webs at the Inheritors, next page its "oh, our plan to put them into cloning vats worked, all is well."

Sigh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    However, the poor sales of the mini will probably mean that we won't see much of them outside of another Spider-Verse event.
    Hence why I said a potential mini-series, which poses no threat to long-term health, could spring board out of this. Mayday's been dealing with minis, back-ups, and one shots since the literal start of the decade. What's one more going to hurt?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It's pretty clear that the ending with the three Spider-Girls saying goodbye to each other is a teaser for a potential series.

Were sales that bad?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Were sales that bad?
    It's performed slightly better than all of the post time-skip RYV issues.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Were sales that bad?
    To put it in perspective, the first issue sold worse than the first issue of the Prowler series from a few years ago that spun-off from Clone Conspiracy. And that was supposed to be a ongoing until it was cancelled, only lasting 5 issues.

So this is a tie-in to a event, featuring 3 characters that have been more relevant in recent years than Prowler, and performed worse.

I liked the way it ended, even if it felt rushed. We get Ben back to his old self and MC2 Peter. I do also like how they dealt with the Inheritors, hopefully that'll be the last we see of them. And good to see Otto on good terms with everybody, hopefully that will come into play in his solo.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Funny that Normie makes the crack about the Spiders "relying on Dues Ex Machina too much" and thats exactly what we get in this ending issue. One panel they are all shooting webs at the Inheritors, next page its "oh, our plan to put them into cloning vats worked, all is well."

Sigh.
    i don't know if it is dues ex machina exactly...the resolution makes sense in context of everything else. it's not as if the spiders found potter's magic wand or the one ring. the clone tech stuff was spoken about from day one.

since it was largely otto's (and maybe ben's) secret idea, i'm not too bothered that the rest of the spiders (and the audience) were under the impression that it would have to be brute force that wins the day.

it does sound rushed though. and also, there are some heavy moral implications involved in this resolution. maybe not as much as killing the inheritors...but removing someone's life and personality and "rebooting" them into something you think is better...that at least deserves a bit of thought.
    troo fan or death

Considering that Mayday now has her father back, I’m kinda curious of how the posters who have been going on since Spider-Verse about this Mayday being an alternate version and the “real” Mayday being elsewhere feel about her now. While it is truly great to see Gage fixing that bit for Mayday, by the nature of it being comics, Peter dying then didn’t necessarily mean he was gone forever and no future writer would bring him back. I am curious though as to if him being the Other means that his leg will regenerate along with it reviving him and if, now that he’s stronger than ever, if he’ll be back to his web slinging ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering that Mayday now has her father back, I’m kinda curious of how the posters who have been going on since Spider-Verse about this Mayday being an alternate version and the “real” Mayday being elsewhere feel about her now.
    ha. hadn't even considered that. it would be kinda weird to suddenly consider this the real mayday (based solely on a resurrection rather than continuity point) if you took a hardline stance against it previously.
    troo fan or death

I'm definitely curious as to what will happen with Mayday, Peter, and Uncle Ben, along with MJ, and Benjy. But it's probably going to be a while before we see any of them ever again, lol.

It's good to see MC2 Peter back, especially since his death and the handling of Mayday was one of the major complaints of the original Spider-Verse, even if the likelihood we'll see any follow up to this is pretty small.
    So this is a tie-in to a event, featuring 3 characters that have been more relevant in recent years than Prowler, and performed worse.
    Spider-Girls have it rough, sales-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I liked the way it ended, even if it felt rushed. We get Ben back to his old self and MC2 Peter. I do also like how they dealt with the Inheritors, hopefully that'll be the last we see of them. And good to see Otto on good terms with everybody, hopefully that will come into play in his solo.
    That seems really hard for me to buy, but I guess they need to have that so Ock can do his own Spider-Man thing without anyone bothering him.

(Although I don't think an in-character Peter would ever be okay with Otto going by Spider-Man again, no matter how "squared" they are).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That seems really hard for me to buy, but I guess they need to have that so Ock can do his own Spider-Man thing without anyone bothering him.

(Although I don't think an in-character Peter would ever be okay with Otto going by Spider-Man again, no matter how "squared" they are).
    Otto now kind of reminds me of what happened with Venom back when he first started being an anti-hero. He never completely trusted him, but he knew it was much easier having him around doing good than all the trouble it would take to fight and lock him up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering that Mayday now has her father back, I’m kinda curious of how the posters who have been going on since Spider-Verse about this Mayday being an alternate version and the “real” Mayday being elsewhere feel about her now. While it is truly great to see Gage fixing that bit for Mayday, by the nature of it being comics, Peter dying then didn’t necessarily mean he was gone forever and no future writer would bring him back. I am curious though as to if him being the Other means that his leg will regenerate along with it reviving him and if, now that he’s stronger than ever, if he’ll be back to his web slinging ways.
    One could even ask the creators of Spider-girl given that they too were a bit salty over what happened to Mayday in Spider-verse ??? So much that they even altered their Spider-verse team up issue on purpose to tease the old school fans.