Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Yeah, it looks really good. I like the interactions with Justice, Kaine, and Water snake.

In response to people asking him about the chances of a relaunch of Scarlet Spider, Christopher Yost recently tweeted this:

So now you know: if you want a chance for Scarlet Spider to have a new series or relaunch, then please support New Warriors and help spread the word by telling your friends about it, tweeting, blogging, etc.

Or paint yourself green and red and run naked through the streets with a sheet of paper promoting the comic, if you think that may help.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 06-03-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    In response to people asking him about the chances of a relaunch of Scarlet Spider, Christopher Yost recently tweeted this:

So now you know: if you want a chance for Scarlet Spider to have a new series or relaunch, then please support New Warriors and help spread the word by telling your friends about it, tweeting, blogging, etc.

Or paint yourself green and red and run naked through the streets with a sheet of paper promoting the comic, if you think that may help.
    LOL! I think I'll do the first one since it seems more likely to get me cool new stories.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    I will look through the net to see if I can find one. (Don't have a scanner, sorry).

I could definitely see one coming up after New Warriors (whether this comic is cancelled early or hopefully not). I have found some early interviews of Scarlet Spider and it really seems that there was a lot more planned for Houston (even supporting characters that were ultimately not introduced).

http://www.freepresshouston.com/fph-...-ryan-stegman/

However, if it were up to me, any new relaunch would be called "Scarlet Spider & Hummingbird" and it would not be a "solo", but a "duo" book. :P

Well I think no matter what the name of the book would be Aracely would most likely always be an integral part of the book & would get a decent amount of panel time & development as she did in volume one of Scarlet Spider. I actually think New Warriors is a better avenue for developing Aracely & integrating her into the larger Marvel U because while I do enjoy her interactions with Kaine & the rest of his supporting cast we get to see her mingle with characters closer to her age like Sam/Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have a scan of this would you? (or anybody who could provide that)
    While the new Amazing Spider-Man #1 sold well and Marvel doesn't need any more help with it, this is not the place for scans of copyrighted material.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Kaine & Aracley Wake up!.jpg

Does anyone know which issue this is from?

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Kaine & Aracley Wake up!.jpg

Does anyone know which issue this is from?
    Scarlet Spider #12

BANNED

Enjoyed every issue, also collecting all the New Warrior issues as well.

Really hope it sticks around, so much potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Enjoyed every issue, also collecting all the New Warrior issues as well.

Really hope it sticks around, so much potential there.
    I agree that all the issue are enjoyable and there's potential for more. I plan on getting my copies of New Warriors 5 and 6 soon.

Astonishing Member

Maybe things might have turned out differently for Scarlet Spider if he was going to Texas A&M University to do his BS Degree in Civil Engineering, as well as working as a Texas Ranger and SWORD Agent with his partner Moondragon. Chris Yost could have used this angle for a story arc that might have led to him and Heather Douglas meeting up with Bishop's X.S.E and Carnage. The key for increasing sales is to take a calculated risk like Slott has done with Superior Spider-Man. While Yost is a very good writer, I don't think that he has Slott's talent for marketing and hyping interest among the mass reading audience that leads to people wanting to buy the book in large numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Maybe things might have turned out differently for Scarlet Spider if he was going to Texas A&M University to do his BS Degree in Civil Engineering, as well as working as a Texas Ranger and SWORD Agent with his partner Moondragon. Chris Yost could have used this angle for a story arc that might have led to him and Heather Douglas meeting up with Bishop's X.S.E and Carnage. The key for increasing sales is to take a calculated risk like Slott has done with Superior Spider-Man. While Yost is a very good writer, I don't think that he has Slott's talent for marketing and hyping interest among the mass reading audience that leads to people wanting to buy the book in large numbers...
    Darth there's isn't an easy way to say this so I'm just going to blurt it out. No that ideas seems completely convoluted and lame. Honestly I don't find Slott lives up to his hype. Besides that there's a few plot holes such as the fact the X-Office made Bishop a villain who's stuck in the past last I checked. The Texas Rangers I can buy because they are actually based in that area.

Astonishing Member

Darth there's isn't an easy way to say this so I'm just going to blurt it out. No that ideas seems completely convoluted and lame. Honestly I don't find Slott lives up to his hype. Besides that there's a few plot holes such as the fact the X-Office made Bishop a villain who's stuck in the past last I checked. The Texas Rangers I can buy because they are actually based in that area.
    Some of those lame ideas could bring interest to the readers who would otherwise would pick up the comic series to being with. While Bishop may be a villain, it makes for a good story, along with Kaine and Moondragon working together as Agents of SWORD. I only gave a few ideas out as far as characters goes. I did not provide a plot idea for the story. Even bad ideas can turn into a good story under a good creative team working together. Do you agree? The SWORD Agent angle fits into Yost's supernatural storytelling, which is why I brought it up. While Kaine is not Peter Parker, he could attend Texas A&M University(Junior Year because he CLEP out of the lower division level classes, well as taking a lot of mini-term classes) to work on completing his BA degree in Civil Engineering which could put his talents to good use as far as identifying ways to develop ideas that might complement the story is concerned. This would set Kaine a part from Peter Parker as far as being his own man with ideas that holds the readers interest are concerned.

I think that the X-Verse is convoluted as it is. I always felt that Marvel forgot that the whole existence of the X-Men was to train them to use their powers; finish school by completing their training and obtaining their diploma from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Once they graduate, they go out into the world to make a life for themselves, good or evil. I never would have envisioned the X-Men to be a military/superhero organization. What would have been nice was to have seen Wolfsbane becoming a Police Officer of the NYPD in the pages of Daredevil, Punisher, and Spider-Man. But what would have been cool to see is for Wolfsbane, Psylocke, and Moondragon to become members of the New Warriors.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-23-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Some of those lame ideas could bring interest to the readers who would otherwise would pick up the comic series to being with. While Bishop may be a villain, it makes for a good story, along with Kaine and Moondragon working together as Agents of SWORD. I only gave a few ideas out as far as characters goes. I did not provide a plot idea for the story. Even bad ideas can turn into a good story under a good creative team working together. Do you agree? The SWORD Agent angle fits into Yost's supernatural storytelling, which is why I brought it up. While Kaine is not Peter Parker, he could attend Texas A&M University(Junior Year because he CLEP out of the lower division level classes, well as taking a lot of mini-term classes) to work on completing his BA degree in Civil Engineering which could put his talents to good use as far as identifying ways to develop ideas that might complement the story is concerned. This would set Kaine a part from Peter Parker as far as being his own man with ideas that holds the readers interest are concerned.

I think that the X-Verse is convoluted as it is. I always felt that Marvel forgot that the whole existence of the X-Men was to train them to use their powers; finish school by completing their training and obtaining their diploma from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Once they graduate, they go out into the world to make a life for themselves, good or evil. I never would have envisioned the X-Men to be a military/superhero organization. What would have been nice was to have seen Wolfsbane becoming a Police Officer of the NYPD in the pages of Daredevil, Punisher, and Spider-Man. But what would have been cool to see is for Wolfsbane, Psylocke, and Moondragon to become members of the New Warriors.
    Isn't SWORD suppose to be involved with aliens. I don't really count that as supernatural but that just might be a personal story. Secondly Bad stories on paper that turn out good is because they're usually not taken that seriously so the writers goof around with it. Why I am not opposed to cameos once in awhile it seems like you want [B]Everyone[B] involved with Spider-Man in some way. Yeah and Kaine would never go back to school. Definitely not for civil engineering. That's treating him way too much like Peter.

Darth I found this fanfic for you. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6063511...hearts-Jenny-W

Astonishing Member

Yeah and Kaine would never go back to school. Definitely not for civil engineering. That's treating him way too much like Peter.
    Sometimes, a character doing something productive for society might get more readers onboard the series and support it. And Kaine being a Civil Engineer gets him close to the action legitimately. While he's not Peter Parker, that doesn't mean that Kaine can't have academic interests of his own to pursue, meaning that the study of Civil Engineering might actually help making Scarlet Spider a fun read. Especially if he can come up with ideas that would help with group oriented problems to solve and things to create. On super hero teams, Marvel makes Spider-Man into a stupid comic relief. With Kaine, however, he's more like the Black Panther and Dr. Bruce Banner rolled up into on person...

New Warriors Add.jpg]

Please Support New Warriors so Marvel knows that Kaine and Aracely won't be used as cannon fodder in Spider-verse.