Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    They really should keep Kaine around there's still a ton of Story potential with him and Aracely.
    Couldn't agree more, but there's not many that can write Kaine as well as Chris Yost does. Whilst I was happy to get the Scarlet Spiders three-parter, Kaine's 'voice' didn't sound quite right to me, based on what has gone before. It focused on Kaine just being a brutal, savage animal, whilst his portrayal in the Scarlet Spider was far more layered and less one-dimensional.

We haven't had the Epilogue issue of Spider-Verse yet, so we don't yet know if Kaine is truly dead or not. We don't know whether he still has access to the Other, or if it was just the Other, rather than the host, who is now 'dead'.

If Kaine's death sticks, and Miles Morales survives the Secret Wars event, I wouldn't be surprised if Miles becomes the Scarlet Spider of 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbly View Post
    Couldn't agree more, but there's not many that can write Kaine as well as Chris Yost does.
    Meh. I liked Yost's Scarlet Spider, but I don't think he really nailed Kaine's voice either. Kaine, in my mind at least, isn't curmudgeonly.

If Kaine's death sticks, and Miles Morales survives the Secret Wars event, I wouldn't be surprised if Miles becomes the Scarlet Spider of 616.
    I think they value Miles too much as a commodity to give him the Scarlet identity. They're going to want to market him as a Spider-Man, or maybe Spider-Boy. Something that sounds important.

And I doubt this is the last we've seen of Kaine.

-Pav, who hopes he won't die again for a while...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I love these two characters, especially Kaine.

If anything, I could see Ultimate Black Widow (Jessica Drew) picking up the name since both Spider-Woman and Black Widow are taken. Plus, you know, she has the whole clone thing going for her and she was the only one that actually seemed upset that Kaine died. She seemed to bond with her "clone brothers" a tiny bit in the mini, so I could see her doing it as way to remember them.

I'm still thinking Kaine will come back, though. It's kind of his thing at this point. Maybe he can take up the name Spider-Kenny?

They better bring Kaine back, seriously of all the spin off ideas out of Slott's run (counting Superior as still main Spidey) only Kaine and Agent Venom/Flash have had any traction beyond the initial buzz. In large part due to the creators that handled them but there is still so much that could be done with him.

Heck, he and regular Pete never even got a legit team up.

iMan 42s

Kaine can be brought back in the spiderverse book. He could even get a book like "sensational Kaine and hummingbird:The Others"

I could see them trying to follow up on Mexico and even the other. Kaine could lose certain powers which could further differentiate him from Peter. Like he could lose the other form and his webs but has an augmented spider sense. Could be cool to expand on that power.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I noticed that in Amazing Spider-Man # 14 the what previously happened segment says Kaine Is dead. Hopefully not true.

Amazing Spider-man #15, epilogue of the Spider-verse event, came out today!

"Where the Spiders and Karn deal with the aftermath of the battle against the Inheritors, Otto tries to do something to liberate himself from his fate, new losses are known, new roles taken, people return home and...

Spoilers

Something like this happens:"

Art by Chris (@chrismascreates)

https://twitter.com/chrismascreates/...51627106123776

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    A recently finished #ScarletSpider. #sketchcover with a nod to #Kravenslasthunt #spiderman #spidey… http://instagram.com/p/zcgYdnuYkY/
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 02-25-2015 at 06:14 PM.

So what do you think will be next?

Will Kaine join Anya and Billy as warriors of the multiverse? What will be of Aracely and all the prophecies? Would Aracely join their team too? Or Kaine will simply return to 616?

I don't think Kaine would be too eager to join the Spider-Exiles team (or Spider People for Interdimensional Damage Engaging and Repairing Solutions) that is forming. Unless Karn can force him or convince or intrigue him in some way through the fact he is the host of the Other, I don't see it happening in all honesty. That said, the idea of Aracely being there, poking Karn's mechanical parts and providing commentary on the Web of Life and Destiny along her new friend Anya is an enticing idea, as well as Kaine and the group being sent to the wrong era or Earth by Karn due newbie mistakes at his new job as the Master Weaver.

However, I suppose the more likely outcome is for Kaine to return to 615 and, if there is will from Marvel, put him and Aracely in a new series where they can do some heavy ruckus and at some point her mysteries can finally be properly explored and investigated (with all the immensely exciting doors it can open).

A detail I noticed in my reading of the issue is that the panel where certain hand of certain someone does something has a particularly poignant, momentous, thought-provoking, dramatic, well-timed piece of Karn's dialogue:

"... We shall start anew".

Is Dan Slott (and through him, Marvel) hinting at something to come with this arrangement of text and image?

I very, very hope that that is exactly the case.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 02-25-2015 at 10:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Meh. I liked Yost's Scarlet Spider, but I don't think he really nailed Kaine's voice either. Kaine, in my mind at least, isn't curmudgeonly.

I think they value Miles too much as a commodity to give him the Scarlet identity. They're going to want to market him as a Spider-Man, or maybe Spider-Boy. Something that sounds important.

And I doubt this is the last we've seen of Kaine.

-Pav, who hopes he won't die again for a while...
    "Spider-boy" sounds important? It's literally a demotion. Taking Miles Morales: "Ultimate Spider-Man" and making him Miles Morales: "Spider-Boy" is how you tank the character, not market him.

It's been a good week.

-Spiderverse surprise
    -Got my Scarlet Spider Vol 1 yesterday

Seriously good.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    Trying to look for a silver lining " in case ". Outside the fact that cheating death is Kaines gig, his recent popularity was launched starting with a heroes death. Maybe this will be the case here. Or maybe we'll see an even more evolved and powerful Kaine and the corpse was a shredded husk? I really hope they don't let him out. He's a good character and adapted a fan base rather quickly. It would be a waste to not continue to explore him.
    Two and Oh bay-bee, giggity giggity goo!
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    "Spider-boy" sounds important? It's literally a demotion. Taking Miles Morales: "Ultimate Spider-Man" and making him Miles Morales: "Spider-Boy" is how you tank the character, not market him.
    It's not a demotion; it's a name change. And if Peter and Miles are living in the same world, and Marvel doesn't want two characters named Spider-Man (which I also mentioned) then it makes sense for the new name to reference Miles' status as younger-than. They might want to market him that way. (They also might not.)

I just don't see him becoming a new Scarlet Spider. But I don't have a degree in marketing, and you seem so sure you know what will tank the character and what won't, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

-Pav, who has always loved the "Scarlet Spider" monicker...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    It's not a demotion; it's a name change. And if Peter and Miles are living in the same world, and Marvel doesn't want two characters named Spider-Man (which I also mentioned) then it makes sense for the new name to reference Miles' status as younger-than. They might want to market him that way. (They also might not.)

I just don't see him becoming a new Scarlet Spider. But I don't have a degree in marketing, and you seem so sure you know what will tank the character and what won't, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

-Pav, who has always loved the "Scarlet Spider" monicker...
    Without being rude, Spider-Boy is a terrible idea. It could easily be taken as offensive.