Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hellboy The Fury limited edition sculpture

I don't think I've ever placed an order faster in my life. In my haste, I overlooked the note to include a shipping address with the order - whoopsie! So don't forget to include that...

https://squareup.com/store/AndreaBla...imited-edition
    "Deep down underneath it all, I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar, on my desk." - Robert Bloch

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Ordered!

What a beautiful sculpture. Thanks so much for the info, Grim Tim!

Not many details listed about it. What material is it cast in? Is It painted?

If you look at the artist's other pieces they're all cast in resin, so... resin. (not sure why that wasn't mentioned on this piece)

Also looking at the other pieces, none are painted (other than an occasional option for a bronze finish). That's not the point - it's all about appreciating the form language.
    "Deep down underneath it all, I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar, on my desk." - Robert Bloch

I'm really glad this isn't painted. I'm sure I would have still purchased, but as a painter who is about to switch gears to sculpting, I'm very drawn to the rawness of this piece.

It is very nice. I'm worried it would get damaged during shipping if not packaged properly. I've had terrible luck in the past with statues. Has anyone ordered from this artist before?

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    It is very nice. I'm worried it would get damaged during shipping if not packaged properly. I've had terrible luck in the past with statues. Has anyone ordered from this artist before?
    I have not, but I'm hoping she has considered this very issue quite thoroughly. I'll be honest and say that I have my concerns, but I'm trusting she'll be willing to deal with any damages caused by shipping gracefully. I'll be sure to post an update upon receipt.

It's actually a *HE* - he was born in Milan, Italy. So I imagine it's pronounced more like "on-DRAY-uh", instead of the American (female) "ANN-dree-uh."

Is this a licensed product?

Mignola retweeted it on his own Twitter feed, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tim View Post
    It's actually a *HE* - he was born in Milan, Italy. So I imagine it's pronounced more like "on-DRAY-uh", instead of the American (female) "ANN-dree-uh."
    Thank you for the clarification!

It arrived today! #12/250

Had to be very careful unboxing it as this is all being produced by one man, and so it doesn't include a nice, form-fitted styrofoam box. But wow, I am over the moon in love with it!

I will try to post a pic or two, but I'm about to make the 4 hour drive to Portland for the Rose City ComiCon, and may not be able to get to it until after the weekend.

I'm glad it arrived safely! I would love to see some pictures of the statue and even the box it came in.

This thing is really cool. #11/250

Blasich Hellboy 01.jpg

Blasich Hellboy 03.jpg

Blasich hellboy 04.jpg

No fancy printed box - this isn't a mass-produced product... it's just an awesome piece of art straight from the artist himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    It arrived today! #12/250

Had to be very careful unboxing it as this is all being produced by one man, and so it doesn't include a nice, form-fitted styrofoam box. But wow, I am over the moon in love with it!

I will try to post a pic or two, but I'm about to make the 4 hour drive to Portland for the Rose City ComiCon, and may not be able to get to it until after the weekend.
    Did you get anything cool at RCCC?