Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    I wanted to do #MutantAndProud, but I need one that also includes the F4 without being overly long.

Also, the petition has past the 100 signature mark, but we can do better!
    Maybe something like #XMF4ever or #SaveXmenF4. I've tried to get the #MutantAndProud hashtag trending a few times, but I'm a complete nobody.

For NYCC, maybe someone can print up flyers or pamphlets or hold up signs that say #XMF4ever.

I also created a TinyURL link to the petition. I don't know if there's another way to get this trending, but this can help with the link I guess.

http://tinyurl.com/XMF4ever
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    This thread should also be in the Marvel Comics section. I'm sure there are casual readers who want both the X-Men and FF to be included in games and movies.
    Great idea. Get as much exposure as it can.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Maybe something like #XMF4ever or #SaveXmenF4. I've tried to get the #MutantAndProud hashtag trending a few times, but I'm a complete nobody.

For NYCC, maybe someone can print up flyers or pamphlets or hold up signs that say #XMF4ever.

I also created a TinyURL link to the petition. I don't know if there's another way to get this trending, but this can help with the link I guess.

http://tinyurl.com/XMF4ever
    I like this one.

I shared it to Instagram hopefully that helps with some hashtags.

I've added the #XMF4ever hashtag to the petition. Hopefully that helps spread the word.

On top of that, I've also posted this thread in the Marvel Comics section.
    Last edited by Neoxon; 09-09-2016 at 12:04 PM.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

I've added the #XMF4ever hashtag to the petition. Hopefully that helps spread the word.

On top of that, I've also posted this thread in the Marvel Comics section.
    Awesome sauce.

All-New Member

Trust me this boycott can't last much longer. If the performance of the cbms this year are any indication. Fatigue is setting in and the comic medium will only survive if high quality cartoons, games and merchandise start being released to create in this generation's kids the same reverence we have for xmen:tas, which I know they don't have as they are more into anime and know it better . Marvel can only coast along for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by lade5 View Post
    Trust me this boycott can't last much longer. If the performance of the cbms this year are any indication. Fatigue is setting in and the comic medium will only survive if high quality cartoons, games and merchandise start being released to create in this generation's kids the same reverence we have for xmen:tas, which I know they don't have as they are more into anime and know it better . Marvel can only coast along for so long.
    You do realize that most of the CBMs this year weren't that good, right? The two that were, Civil War & Deadpool, broke the bank.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

You do realize that most of the CBMs this year weren't that good, right? The two that were, Civil War & Deadpool, broke the bank.
    I know review wise it didn't do good but I thought I heard that Suicide Squad did well financially, I could be wrong though.

Maybe that would've been true to a larger degree 10 or 15 years ago, but I think it's a bit harder keep kids from getting into something. Thanks to the internet, it's easy to find all the old X-men cartoons, merch, and what not. So it's not like Marvel can keep new fans from emerging. They wouldn't want to anyways because in the long run, that damages their brand and potential profits. I think the current treatment of the X-men and F4 is more petty than that. I think the powers that be within Marvel are thinking short-term gains at the risk of long-term profits. Most of the time, that sort of approach never works out. And in an era where characters like Deadpool continue to thrive, despite this pettiness, I believe that this short-term thinking will only do more harm than good. I don't want to see that for X-men, F4, or any other of the characters at Marvel. The only way anything will change is if we make it clear to Marvel that there are more profits to be made by changing their current policies. A petition helps, but at the end of the day, they respond more to how we spend our money.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Maybe that would've been true to a larger degree 10 or 15 years ago, but I think it's a bit harder keep kids from getting into something. Thanks to the internet, it's easy to find all the old X-men cartoons, merch, and what not. So it's not like Marvel can keep new fans from emerging. They wouldn't want to anyways because in the long run, that damages their brand and potential profits. I think the current treatment of the X-men and F4 is more petty than that. I think the powers that be within Marvel are thinking short-term gains at the risk of long-term profits. Most of the time, that sort of approach never works out. And in an era where characters like Deadpool continue to thrive, despite this pettiness, I believe that this short-term thinking will only do more harm than good. I don't want to see that for X-men, F4, or any other of the characters at Marvel. The only way anything will change is if we make it clear to Marvel that there are more profits to be made by changing their current policies. A petition helps, but at the end of the day, they respond more to how we spend our money.
    While it's not hard to find old xmen cartoons, it's also not hard to find other cartoons series or getting into new series. There is steep competition for our limited attention and marvel may not have years to win new fans or recover old fans . The current grade of comic stories are atrocious as opposed to manga with a steady level of quality and inbuilt fanbase. All it will take is one solid movie and franchises can be born, same as how xmen in 2000 started the cbm era. Movies are already yielding diminishing returns. Doctor strange's performance will determine whether or not cbms are in decline. Hopefully it will do well but not too well so the marvel execs can see the signs and put away whatever beef they have with other studios and try to keep the good times going if only for a little longer by actually promoting their brands so that after the decline of cbms there will still be a market for them.

Spectacular Member

While it's not hard to find old xmen cartoons, it's also not hard to find other cartoons series or getting into new series. There is steep competition for our limited attention and marvel may not have years to win new fans or recover old fans . The current grade of comic stories are atrocious as opposed to manga with a steady level of quality and inbuilt fanbase. All it will take is one solid movie and franchises can be born, same as how xmen in 2000 started the cbm era. Movies are already yielding diminishing returns. Doctor strange's performance will determine whether or not cbms are in decline. Hopefully it will do well but not too well so the marvel execs can see the signs and put away whatever beef they have with other studios and try to keep the good times going if only for a little longer by actually promoting their brands so that after the decline of cbms there will still be a market for them.
    This is ludicrous. What you're saying doesn't make any sense. There have been 5 cbms so far this year, and all of them have still made 100s of millions. The only problem is that a bunch of crappy ones came out this year, and as such those in particular didn't do quite as well.

None of the recent CBMs have flopped. I don't see CBMs being in any kind of danger anytime soon.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
    This is ludicrous. What you're saying doesn't make any sense. There have been 5 cbms so far this year, and all of them have still made 100s of millions. The only problem is that a bunch of crappy ones came out this year, and as such those in particular didn't do quite as well.
    True , none have flopped but neither have they besides deadpool been a runaway success of yesteryear.

X-men apocalypse : Introduced a new cyclops, storm, jean and debuted the big bad of the x- series apocalypse. Even had a cameo from wolverine.
    Box Office: 544m down 202m from xmen dofp.
    BvS: Dawn of justice : Introduced the dc cinematic universe and justice league concept. First big screen portrayal of wonderwoman and doomsday.All star cast
    Box Office: 872m failed to meet the $1 billion threshold for financial success with at least 350m spent on production and promotion.
    Suicide squad : Introduced the suicide squad. Even had a cameo from Batman. Again all star cast with the intent to begin a franchise. Over 200m spent on production and marketing.
    Box Office: Last week just celebrated crossing the 700m mark worldwide, over a month after release.
    Captain America: CW : Introduced black panther and baron zemo, setting up thunderbolts.Essentially avengers 2.5 with most of the cast returning and antman now included .
    Box Office: 1.155b down 299m from avengers: AOU.

If you look hard enough you will note the box office sales are down by significant margins across the board or the movies failed to reach expected thresholds . Showing profit and being a commercial success by the standards of the producing company are not the same thing.There is a reason an actor like jared leto complained about being tricked into playing joker. Nobody complains when everything is going right or reshoots taking place or pressure on actors/ actresses. Hundreds of millions have been invested and studios are looking for returns in the billions.I stand by what I said of doctor strange being a guage of the health of cbms. If there is still decline, there is a problem. Oh, and by decline I mean Dr strange not making 700m at least.
    Last edited by lade5; 09-18-2016 at 07:55 AM.

I want this because it's been years since we've had an X-Men cartoon, and I am itching to have some new material.