Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Black Widow rant or rave

Actress Emily Blunt was originally first considered for the role of Natasha Romanov. Though it is water under the bridge now with Ironman 2 .. and Avengers out; what are your feelings about both Emily versus Scarlett for the part. This is a what if. Nadya

Scarlett's really grown on me, especially with Cap 2, but I still kinda wish Blunt had the role.

Emily Blunt can act, and imbue her characters with personality. Johansson, on-screen, has all the charisma of a cardboard cutout of herself.

They should've gone with Emily Blunt.

Avengers sold me on ScarJo and Cap 2 really fleshed her out as a character for me. I think she's perfect for the role.

Scarlett's great.
    I surrender to the Contest

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Anytime Scarlett is on screen, I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Emily Blunt can act, and imbue her characters with personality. Johansson, on-screen, has all the charisma of a cardboard cutout of herself.

They should've gone with Emily Blunt.
    Hahaha! True story: I enjoyed her performance of a favorite character so much that I actually have a life sized cardbord cut out of her. It's not near the actress that ScarJo is.

I think she does a fantastic job with Natasha! Her dry sarcasm is almost exactly how I hear Nat in my head, so her performance was a full win for me.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

I'm not too familiar with her work, but I think Blunt looks a lot more like comic Natasha. Just look at this picture of her with red hair.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

As a fan I'm torn. I think Emily Blunt would have been a much better actress, but ScarJo is a much bigger name and most people seem to think she's more attractive than Ms. Blunt (I'm in the minority in that I disagree), and she's basically in popcorn movies here. You don't need Meryl Streep to wear skin-tight outfits and spout one-liners (though I'd love to see that, maybe as the original Black Widow). I've never enjoyed ScarJo's acting work, but I've heard good things about this "Under the Skin". She's not Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman, doing so poorly that she distracts from the rest of the movie, so I'm fine with her.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I would have preferred Emily. Still, Scarlett finally stepped up to the plate with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. As long as the writers and director keep her in character and give her BW stuff to do, I'm fine. I'm hoping Whedon will write her more like McFeely and Markus did in A: AoU.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I loved Emily Blunt in The Devil Wears Prada. I get the feeling that she didn't want to action films?
    http://fandangogroovers.wordpress.co...t-action-star/

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=55799

ScarJo did an excellent job and her career is on fire now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Avengers sold me on ScarJo and Cap 2 really fleshed her out as a character for me. I think she's perfect for the role.
    Agreed.
    I'm eager to see her in a BW solo movie.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I loved Emily Blunt in The Devil Wears Prada. I get the feeling that she didn't want to action films?
    http://fandangogroovers.wordpress.co...t-action-star/

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=55799

ScarJo did an excellent job and her career is on fire now.
    Irrc, it was actually a studio contract that kept her from the role.

Thank you for your honest feedback. I think your comment 'fleshed her out' hit the nail on the head; but in a positive way. Remember the Enchantress had her claws into Natasha (this is getting old school) and any female trained by this teacher of seduction, must be that. Natasha is the siren, with all of the charms, looks and deceitful ways of being Marvel's most seductive spy. I think Scarlett is hotter than Emily (verified by certain magazines as the hottest woman). Both are beautiful, and I think emily will get her due if accepted as Ms Marvel. As a female, I am envious of both. Nadya

I think the movie 'Lucy' will finally convince movie goers that Scarlett is better than people think. Thanx 4 the feedback