Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It took ScarJo a while to grow up on me - I kinda disliked her in Iron Man 2, but she got me in Avengers, and Cap 2 was completely brilliant to her character. I simply cannot imagine a different actress as Black Widow now.

One of the things on my mind leaving the theater after seeing CA: TWS, was that I needed to know more about Natasha/Black Widow, lol. I really liked her in Avengers, but seeing the interactions between her & Cap in TWS really set things in motion, so to speak

So in short, I really loved Scarletts portrayal of Natasha/Black Widow
    Pull list DC: Action Comics. Superman. Grayson. Teen Titans. Superman/WonderWoman. ~ More to follow
    Pull list Marvel: Loki: Agent of Asgard. ~ More to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    I think if she has a third great performance in Avengers 2 they should just go ahead and spin off a Black Widow movie. Mind as well ride the wave of momentum now while they have something going with her.

I believe she is the most well developed female character they have in the MCU that have their own solo film and we want diversity right?

Or even a Black Widow and Winter Soldier movie or Widow and Hawkeye movie would be well received (by me anyway)
    I am so glad you mentioned Avengers 2; with Ultron. BW has to share the movie with a new female team member; the Scarlett Witch. (two scarletts ... LOL) I think it will give Johansen a chance to solidify her BW character. I had concern over the BW taking a back seat to the new entry to the team; but Marvel has always handled the Avengers as a team effort; which each character contributing. Am I close on this one? Thanxxxxx BW12345

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    I think if she has a third great performance in Avengers 2 they should just go ahead and spin off a Black Widow movie. Mind as well ride the wave of momentum now while they have something going with her.

I believe she is the most well developed female character they have in the MCU that have their own solo film and we want diversity right?

Or even a Black Widow and Winter Soldier movie or Widow and Hawkeye movie would be well received (by me anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldforce View Post
    The movie that proves (if someone would doubt) Scarlett Johansson can act is probably Under the Skin. Emily Blunt was really good in Edge of Tomorrow though so idk.
    I found the movie 'Under the Skin' a wonderful variation of the movie 'Species' who had Natasha Henstridge. Looking closely at each characters acting doing the same basic 'hot alien female feasting on Earth men' .... Henstridge played it very bland. Johansson gave her character, similar, a much more creepy feel. They both lured men for their end purpose, but Johansson clearly was the better actress in two actresses doing the same basic role. Johansson added another obscure part well done, to her acting resume. Very good sci-fi movie for people who are bored with the usual. Thanxxxx BW12345

Quote Originally Posted by tahang View Post
    In my view, the role of the black widow fits perfectly for actress Emma Stone. If of course, Scarlet Johansonn has rejected this role
    tahang: Wow, Emma Stone, def hot and a good actress. But Johansson will never give the up the role that has made catapulted her. It is fun to discuss the what ifs. Her role in 'Zombieland' was memorable! She conveyed a smart, cunning and effiecient female looking out for her and her sister. Very BWish. I laughed so hard at the girls fooling Woody Harellson & Jesse Eisenberg a second time. What can anybody see for Emma Stone in a superhero role? Thanxxxx BW12345

Quote Originally Posted by agewa View Post
    It took ScarJo a while to grow up on me - I kinda disliked her in Iron Man 2, but she got me in Avengers, and Cap 2 was completely brilliant to her character. I simply cannot imagine a different actress as Black Widow now.
    It seems to be popular opinion, that people now have Scarlett Johansson as the BW, with three Marvel movies with her playing the BW role in them. Thanxxxxx BW12345

Quote Originally Posted by Clois_Kent View Post
    One of the things on my mind leaving the theater after seeing CA: TWS, was that I needed to know more about Natasha/Black Widow, lol. I really liked her in Avengers, but seeing the interactions between her & Cap in TWS really set things in motion, so to speak

So in short, I really loved Scarletts portrayal of Natasha/Black Widow
    May I recommend 'Black Widow - Deadly Origin' a hardback steal at $19 and presently available. It gives brief flashbacks into her past. The story is good on the way Ivan, the man who raised her, becomes ............. well I can't spoil it for you. Thanxx BW12345

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow12345 View Post
    May I recommend 'Black Widow - Deadly Origin' a hardback steal at $19 and presently available. It gives brief flashbacks into her past. The story is good on the way Ivan, the man who raised her, becomes ............. well I can't spoil it for you. Thanxx BW12345
    Yes, you definitely may recommend 'Black Widow - Deadly Origin'. Can't wait Thanks!
    Pull list DC: Action Comics. Superman. Grayson. Teen Titans. Superman/WonderWoman. ~ More to follow
    Pull list Marvel: Loki: Agent of Asgard. ~ More to follow.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I look for the Black Widow character to become #1 or #2 on the list of Marvel's most popular women within a year or two. She already ranks a solid #4 on Marvel's website, per the number of Facebook votes for her!