Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Love Electra ............... my second fav character, then Ms Marvel. Which bring us around to Emily Bluny being considered for Ms Marvel. Great feedback on other threads tsai. Nadya

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Anytime Scarlett is on screen, I'm a fan.
    Nail on head. I don't get the criticism that she can't act. I think she's one of the hottest women around but if she couldn't act I still wouldn't watch her films. Love Song For Bobby Long is a great example. Casting her for Black Widow was a great choice and the character has only gotten stronger as the cinematic universe has gone on.

BANNED

Emily is a very good actress. But I think Scarlet won me. both great actresses that I want to see more action movies

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I loved Emily Blunt in The Devil Wears Prada. I get the feeling that she didn't want to action films?
    http://fandangogroovers.wordpress.co...t-action-star/

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=55799

ScarJo did an excellent job and her career is on fire now.
    Well she is in one right now so it could not have been to hard a stance.

Blunt would have been good. Scarjo would have been a good Wanda too. oh well things have not worked out too bad.

i think people claim Scarlett can't act just because she's a busty blonde. being hot doesn't preclude her from being able to act.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow12345 View Post
    I think the movie 'Lucy' will finally convince movie goers that Scarlett is better than people think. Thanx 4 the feedback
    If there is any director that can get ScarJo to really give a powerful performance, it's Luc Besson. I'm seeing "Lucy" based on him and I look at ScarJo as a bonus.

But it's hard to look back at the movies and say, "Oh, Soandso would have been better." Black Widow has been in a few movies now and I can't imagine anyone else in the role. But that goes for just about any character... Ok, fine, I think we could swap out Natalie Portman as Jane Foster for just about any cute brunette and not skip a beat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    i think people claim Scarlett can't act just because she's a busty blonde. being hot doesn't preclude her from being able to act.
    I say it because I've seen a bunch of movies she's in and she doesn't strike me as being anything special. Starting from "Ghost World" and up to "Avengers" and "Her". I've seen worse acting performances, but I do think she's known more for her beauty than her acting talent. And there's nothing wrong with that. I just personally don't enjoy her performances, and would never go out of my way to see a movie starring her (though I wouldn't avoid one either, and as I've said I'm interested to see if the hype on "Under the Skin" is warranted).

I like ScarJo as Black Widow. I honestly can't see anyone else for the role. In Avengers and CA:TWS ScarJo was pretty damn good (IMO, of course).
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Scarlett's really grown on me, especially with Cap 2, but I still kinda wish Blunt had the role.
    Tsai, BW12345 here, I can't but help to look to the future for Emily. Rumors say she may get Ms Marvel. I think with 'Lucy' coming out, viewers may be surprised with Scarlett. Luv any serious Electra fan.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Scarlett's really grown on me, especially with Cap 2, but I still kinda wish Blunt had the role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Nail on head. I don't get the criticism that she can't act. I think she's one of the hottest women around but if she couldn't act I still wouldn't watch her films. Love Song For Bobby Long is a great example. Casting her for Black Widow was a great choice and the character has only gotten stronger as the cinematic universe has gone on.
    Scarlett was an excellent compliment to John travolta in Love Song For Bobby. I caught her first In Manny & Lo; one of her first movies. Nadya BW12345

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lucc4SIhaY

Incredible Member

She's a very skilled actress, and she does a good job of making it look like there's a lot going on behind the eyes.

But she lacks the main things that make Black Widow appealing in the first place: the classic femme fatale demeanor.

The way she walks, talks, and fights do not seem...confident or stylish enough. Without the stereotypical femme-fatale traits, she's just....agent lady; a missed opportunity.

I got more Black Widow vibes out of one look from Antje Traue in Man of Steel than everything ScarJo has done.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 07-02-2014 at 08:55 PM.

I think if she has a third great performance in Avengers 2 they should just go ahead and spin off a Black Widow movie. Mind as well ride the wave of momentum now while they have something going with her.

I believe she is the most well developed female character they have in the MCU that have their own solo film and we want diversity right?

Or even a Black Widow and Winter Soldier movie or Widow and Hawkeye movie would be well received (by me anyway)

The movie that proves (if someone would doubt) Scarlett Johansson can act is probably Under the Skin. Emily Blunt was really good in Edge of Tomorrow though so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow12345 View Post
    Tsai, BW12345 here, I can't but help to look to the future for Emily. Rumors say she may get Ms Marvel. I think with 'Lucy' coming out, viewers may be surprised with Scarlett. Luv any serious Electra fan.
    Always good to see another Elektra enthusiast!

All-New Member

In my view, the role of the black widow fits perfectly for actress Emma Stone. If of course, Scarlet Johansonn has rejected this role