Default Rebirth Run - Read Year 1 First and then Current Day Story or Read 1-5?

Hey there,

First of all, apologies for my incredibly confusing thread title. I have no idea how to verbalise it. Anywho, in regards to the current Rebirth run, I am thinking of catching up on the story. Should I read all of Year 1 and then all of The Lies or should I read in release order (1, 2, 3, 4, 5...)? Do the stories tie in?

I wonder how they'll release the trades for this book.

Thanks.

This is actually a good question... Just cause once you catch up, and if you continue to read the title (which I hope you do!), I'd read them numerically... The stories are more complimentary rather than outright tying in to each other, but what I personally did was read them numerically up until this last issue, then I went back and read the 2 Year one stories back to back, and then read The Lies, and I don't feel like it was any big difference following both stories either way. I hope that's helpful, and may I add, I knew exactly what you were trying to say in the thread title!

Cheers!
    =w=

I have always preferred reading comics in order of there publication release dates and not chronologically
    placing my reading.

I would just read them in publication order, since there are only six Rebirth issues total so far. I think a year from now, if the same question is asked, I'd recommend reading The Lies first and then Year One (since Year One is technically volume 2 in the collected form).

Mighty Member

First TPB has listed #1, #3, #5, #7, #9, #11 and WONDER WOMAN: REBIRTH #1.

But I think you can read it both ways.. In the publication order as well as Lies and Year one as separately.

From what I gather from interviews, Rucka has written it as a story to work both ways. Both as one as well as in two.

Alright, thanks everyone! I think I'll read it numerically for now and reread it as two stories.

BANNED

Let's give Rucka some credit that he will make reading it numerically better than reading them separate.