Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

... what? Why. What. Why.

Not the thread, the above image.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

Anakin insisted that his new outfit doesn't have any place to carry money, but the staff of the Sith Gentleman's Club didn't believe that a guy who looks like he has an ATM inserted into his chest can't actually pay for his lap dance.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Even though I like Drunkard's explanation better, it's from a short film used at the opening of the Daicon convention in Japan, back in 1983. It's got stuff from Wars, Trek, Gundam, Macross, Lord of the Rings, Pern...you name it. It was made by a relatively small company called Daicon Film, which grew up to become Gainax.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

That's almost disappointingly sensible as explanations go.

Anakin insisted that his new outfit doesn't have any place to carry money, but the staff of the Sith Gentleman's Club didn't believe that a guy who looks like he has an ATM inserted into his chest can't actually pay for his lap dance.
    Vader's more into men in uniform, I think. In an S&M way.

"Governor Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash."

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

That's almost disappointingly sensible as explanations go.
    The explanation is sensible. The film is not.
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Welp time for the Song I guess...
    I.... am so happy right now....

BANNED

SS ftw. Only korvac has come anywhere near to humbling him. however if Darth using the force could drain him then perhaps it would be more even battle.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    SS ftw. Only korvac has come anywhere near to humbling him. however if Darth using the force could drain him then perhaps it would be more even battle.
    The thread... It lives!!!!

But seriously, the only way Vader draining Surfer would inconvenience the latter in any way is when he has to polish cybernetic guts off his chrome finish when Annie inevitably explodes before getting .00001% of Norrin's allotment of the Power Cosmic.

Incredible Member

The thread... It lives!!!!

But seriously, the only way Vader draining Surfer would inconvenience the latter in any way is when he has to polish cybernetic guts off his chrome finish when Annie inevitably explodes before getting .00001% of Norrin's allotment of the Power Cosmic.
    Can you imagine the level of whine we would get if Ani was able to drain Norrin??? Felt the pain that Norrin must have seen and felt throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post
    seeing as both of these characters have the power of the force and cosmic power it makes this fight very balanced !!

the question is who would win ? or would it be a draw ?
    One of them has around lightspeed reflexes and vast levels of cosmic power. The other is Vader. Really, it's not even close.

EU Vader feats may or may not change that. I really don't know but I seriously doubt, given the setting, that anything Vader has done is close to the Surfer high end level.

Edit: I just now realized I had responded to this before and that it was necroed. The necromancy is strong in this thread.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 07-19-2017 at 08:35 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    One of them has around lightspeed reflexes and vast levels of cosmic power. The other is Vader. Really, it's not even close.

EU Vader feats may or may not change that. I really don't know but I seriously doubt, given the setting, that anything Vader has done is close to the Surfer high end level.

Edit: I just now realized I had responded to this before and that it was necroed. The necromancy is strong in this thread.
    EU Vader (well, Legends as those stories are now called) is much stronger but not enough to even annoy The Surfer, assuming he had time to react. Which he would not.

Superman Vs Darth Sidious x10!

I like how the OP goes as far as describing it as "close"!

I've got more chance against Darth Vader than Darth Vader has against the Surfer, dude.

1. Several people have humbled or could humble Surfer. Thanos, for example, beat him senseless without breaking sweat. But Vader is not one of those people.
    2. Please, please, please stop necro'ing old threads. Especially ones where the outcome is so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

Dude - "around lightspeed reflexes"? Try "millions of times light-speed reflexes".

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Hulkdrain.jpg

I'm pretty sure Surfer has more experience draining opponents. He probably drains anything Vader pulls out of him right back in, and follows up by draining the midichlorians right out of Vader. (Or at least depowers the battery maintaining life support in Vader's armor...)