Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default out of batman and sherlock homes who is the better detective and why ?

i really love them both but if i had to pick on i guess i would pic .... i can't even pick one lol !

It honestly depends really, on the case or situation. If no technology is factored in this, I'd give the edge to Sherlock

Holmes. he does all his crime solving without a computer.

Incredible Member

Hmm. The man who dresses like a flying rodent, or the junkie??

Nah, I like them both, no need to choose.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yeah, I don't see why one has to choose. Holmes is clearly the inspiration for a lot of Batman's skills, but is a unique character with unique awesome stories.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

As whipsmart as Bruce is I would have to say Holmes would win out on this. Although I would like it if a writer would actually pull a Yellow face with Batman and have it where his deductions are right but his answer comes out wrong due to him not catching some factors in there. Peroit would also trump Bruce by a smidge. Shadow did his own detective work as well.

That's a tough one. Probably give the edge to Sherlock because he does it without the gadgets but then again Bruce probably made all those gadgets. Columbo beats them both though

Holmes.. He needs less for resolve a crime.

Considering how clueless Batman has been portrayed in stories for the past several years, . . . even Doctor Watson could out-smart Brucie-boy.

BANNED

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qCxy-YIkMQ...size-600x0.jpg

For what is worth, in lhe only crossover I recall with lhe two, Holmes is the one who has all figured out from the beginning...and only shows up at the end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Considering how clueless Batman has been portrayed in stories for the past several years, . . . even Doctor Watson could out-smart Brucie-boy.

Even hulk hogan could outsmart batman as hes been depicted in the past years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    As whipsmart as Bruce is I would have to say Holmes would win out on this. Although I would like it if a writer would actually pull a Yellow face with Batman and have it where his deductions are right but his answer comes out wrong due to him not catching some factors in there. Peroit would also trump Bruce by a smidge. Shadow did his own detective work as well.
    there are millions of instances where his detective skills have fallen short for instance hush where he just kept guessing his identity and finally failed to deduce his identity. another example is a story called orphans or something where a young cop sacrificed everything to bring in a gangster but he escapes on a technicality and has to go in witness protection but then the gang members of the gansters gang start being killed and the cop is AWOL. batman interrogates the cops father who gives him the address of the gangs next hit and he reaches there only to find that he was after the wrong man and it was the father who was carrying out the killings. kind of reminiscent of the Agatha Christie story where Poirot is outwitted by a old woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qCxy-YIkMQ...size-600x0.jpg

For what is worth, in lhe only crossover I recall with lhe two, Holmes is the one who has all figured out from the beginning...and only shows up at the end.
    Not a real comics panel.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    there are millions of instances where his detective skills have fallen short for instance hush where he just kept guessing his identity and finally failed to deduce his identity. another example is a story called orphans or something where a young cop sacrificed everything to bring in a gangster but he escapes on a technicality and has to go in witness protection but then the gang members of the gansters gang start being killed and the cop is AWOL. batman interrogates the cops father who gives him the address of the gangs next hit and he reaches there only to find that he was after the wrong man and it was the father who was carrying out the killings. kind of reminiscent of the Agatha Christie story where Poirot is outwitted by a old woman

Who wrote this one and what issue? I would love to see it, sounds really interesting!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Sherlock Holmes!