Page 116 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2931

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Flacco had a nice run in the playoffs the year they won the Super Bowl, but he should REALLY thank that boneheaded play by Rahim Moore in Denver on that Hail Marry ball. If Moore plays that ball the way he's supposed to, Denver advances and Peyton probably wins his first Super Bowl in Denver that season.
    Flacco had good playoff runs the year before that. He outplayed Tom Brady the year before but his kicker missed a chip shot so they loss the game. He's outplayed Roethlisberger in the playoffs too but TJ dropped that TD pass that hit him right on the hands.

As for the Broncos game. Peyton Manning only put up two touchdowns against that Legendary Ravens defense. the special teams spotted Peyton two touchdowns. you can always cherry pick a play, but Flacco wouldn't have thrown that pass if Jacoby wasn't that open. He was playing the game incredibly well and still had 37 to 40 seconds to score a TD and tie the game. That TD didn't end the game it only tied it. Than the Ravens won it in overtime after Peyton though that pick.

People usually misinterpret that game but the Ravens out played them on offense and defense. The Broncos outplayed the Ravens on special teams.

Again I strongly believe that QBs get too much credit and too much blame same goes to the greats like Brady and Brees, but Flacco is historically one of the most clutch post season Abs. After his first two years he always plays incredibly well in the playoffs and championship games his QBR usually goes up over 20 points.
    The J-man

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Flacco had good playoff runs the year before that. He outplayed Tom Brady the year before but his kicker missed a chip shot so they loss the game. He's outplayed Roethlisberger in the playoffs too but TJ dropped that TD pass that hit him right on the hands.
    Baltimore always seems to play New England well, in New England as well. My posts indicate I give Flacco credit for his playoff performances in the year he won the Super Bowl. In that 2010 Divisional round in Pittsburgh, the Ravens held a 14 point lead at halftime while Flacco and his offense came out in the second half and absolutely sputtered. That's typical of a Ravens jekle and hyde performance. It all comes down to the eye-ball test. While Flacco is a good QB, he's wildly inconsistent in most games and in many, looks like total and utter garbage. The dude has a great long ball, though and a strong arm. When he's on, he can sling it but again, he's a 2nd low-tier quarterback where most of the time he looks like a deer in the headlights. Better than the average, but not in elite or even great category. He's simply good.

As for the Broncos game. Peyton Manning only put up two touchdowns against that Legendary Ravens defense.
    Denver also had a stout and legendary defense over those years. Scoring two TD's against a "legendary" Ravens defense is typically good enough to win on most days considering it's always a defensive struggle against teams like Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

the special teams spotted Peyton two touchdowns.
    Good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose. That's more telling of how good the Denver team was all around. Football is still the ultimate team sport. If you can get help from your special teams unit, chances are, you are going to have a good day and your chances of winning spike significantly.

you can always cherry pick a play, but Flacco wouldn't have thrown that pass if Jacoby wasn't that open.
    Jacoby wasn't wide open. That's why it's called the Hail Marry and is the reason why Flacco let it loose. You never know what could have happened but Jones was basically double covered. If Moore plays the ball accordingly, that ball is picked off. The defense was in perfect position for that play. One players fault is usually all it takes when you allow something to happen that you shouldn't in that circumstance, especially when a defense is designed to be in the right place at the right time. Moore was in the right place, he just took an awful angle that allowed Jones behind him.

That TD didn't end the game it only tied it. Than the Ravens won it in overtime after Peyton though that pick.
    Baltimore had the momentum at that point. If Moore even knocks the ball down, its game over.

People usually misinterpret that game but the Ravens out played them on offense and defense. The Broncos outplayed the Ravens on special teams.
    I remember that game being a shootout from the get-go. It was just one of those wild and crazy games that came down to 1 or 2 plays that decided it. It was a great game, one that basically came down to a crucial and fatal defensive fault. 99 times out of 100, that ball is either intercepted or knocked down. But it only takes that 1 time.

Again I strongly believe that QBs get too much credit and too much blame same goes to the greats like Brady and Brees
    That's a quarterbacks role. Leadership. Take the blame when all is going **** and never take credit when things are going good.

but Flacco is historically one of the most clutch post season Abs. After his first two years he always plays incredibly well in the playoffs and championship games his QBR usually goes up over 20 points.
    He has played well, but I'd still rather take a good handful of QB's in the playoffs over Flacco. Even after all he's done in those victories, you still don't know what Flacco you're going to get.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A big issue again as I posted is that since 2012 the Ravens have had these offensive coordinators. Since Flacco has started here is his offensive coordinators.

Cam Cameron 2008-2012 (Fired with 3 games left in regular season)
    Jim Caldwell 2012-2013 (after Super Bowl run and 2013 season became Detroit Lions head coach)
    Gary Kubiak 2014 (Spent one year in Baltimore , took Broncos coaching job)
    Marc Trestman 2015-2016 (Fired halfway through 2016)
    Marty Morniweg 2016 (Named new offensive coordinator)

That is 5 offensive coordinators since 2012 for Flacco and its hard to develop a chemistry and identity with the systems the Ravens wanna do. Flacco to make it this far has done well. But when you go through 5 changes in 5 seasons nearly , its hard.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think that the Chiefs will win on Thursday, and will take the division. The Raiders will have to settle for a wild card. I would like the Broncos to miss the playoffs, but I don't think anyone will take the second wild card away from them.
    And then the Chiefs will over-celebrate and proceed to choke in the playoffs in humiliating fashion, breaking hearts all over the midwest.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    And then the Chiefs will over-celebrate and proceed to choke in the playoffs in humiliating fashion, breaking hearts all over the midwest.
    I doubt that happens. KC has never over celebrated anything really. In fact they weren't considered odds on favorites or have been the last few seasons. The fact KC finally won a playoff game after 20 years speaks volumes that again , this isn't a team that will believe their own hype.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I doubt that happens. KC has never over celebrated anything really. In fact they weren't considered odds on favorites or have been the last few seasons. The fact KC finally won a playoff game after 20 years speaks volumes that again , this isn't a team that will believe their own hype.
    Stop ruining my Chiefs humiliation fantasy!

Fun Fact: KC has scored the majority of its points this season by Def/ST

KC is a match up nightmare of Oak. They're like what the Rams are to Seattle for the last couple years. Kyrptonite. Though oddly enough Derek Carr's first career win was a Thursday Night Game in Oak against KC.

I think more than anything it will be how long Berry and Peters can keep Carr in check for. Because he's going to get a TD or 2. cliche as it is...its going to come down to turnovers that decides this game.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Oak somehow is doing much better on the road than at home. Thats where my main hope is hanging for Thursday. Plus I am hoping Khalil Mack gets another sack (he did in their first meeting), and harasses Smith alllllllll day. Raiders running game is better than it was earlier in the season and Carr also has more confidence.

We'll see. Ball security for Oak is going to absolutely be a key factor.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-07-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Baltimore always seems to play New England well, in New England as well. My posts indicate I give Flacco credit for his playoff performances in the year he won the Super Bowl. In that 2010 Divisional round in Pittsburgh, the Ravens held a 14 point lead at halftime while Flacco and his offense came out in the second half and absolutely sputtered. That's typical of a Ravens jekle and hyde performance. It all comes down to the eye-ball test. While Flacco is a good QB, he's wildly inconsistent in most games and in many, looks like total and utter garbage. The dude has a great long ball, though and a strong arm. When he's on, he can sling it but again, he's a 2nd low-tier quarterback where most of the time he looks like a deer in the headlights. Better than the average, but not in elite or even great category. He's simply good.

Denver also had a stout and legendary defense over those years. Scoring two TD's against a "legendary" Ravens defense is typically good enough to win on most days considering it's always a defensive struggle against teams like Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose. That's more telling of how good the Denver team was all around. Football is still the ultimate team sport. If you can get help from your special teams unit, chances are, you are going to have a good day and your chances of winning spike significantly.

Jacoby wasn't wide open. That's why it's called the Hail Marry and is the reason why Flacco let it loose. You never know what could have happened but Jones was basically double covered. If Moore plays the ball accordingly, that ball is picked off. The defense was in perfect position for that play. One players fault is usually all it takes when you allow something to happen that you shouldn't in that circumstance, especially when a defense is designed to be in the right place at the right time. Moore was in the right place, he just took an awful angle that allowed Jones behind him.

Baltimore had the momentum at that point. If Moore even knocks the ball down, its game over.

I remember that game being a shootout from the get-go. It was just one of those wild and crazy games that came down to 1 or 2 plays that decided it. It was a great game, one that basically came down to a crucial and fatal defensive fault. 99 times out of 100, that ball is either intercepted or knocked down. But it only takes that 1 time.

That's a quarterbacks role. Leadership. Take the blame when all is going **** and never take credit when things are going good.

He has played well, but I'd still rather take a good handful of QB's in the playoffs over Flacco. Even after all he's done in those victories, you still don't know what Flacco you're going to get.
    if TJ Houshmandzadeh catches that perfectly thrown pass which hits him right in the chest in the 2010 divisional playoff game the Ravens convert the first down and go on to win. Despite some hiccups in his first two seasons, Flacco has had some great playoff games. Outside of two Texan playoff games (which the Ravens won even though Flacco was rather pedestrian).

I think Baltimore drafts and game plans over the years for New England and Pittsburgh because those are the consistently good franchises that are road blocks to the Super Bowl. Oh I agree Flacco is inconsistent I'm not even going to debate that. Frankly it drives me crazy. But as a life long ravens fan he's basically the best thing Baltimore's had since the Shell of Steve McNair. I'm a too young to remember Unitas and those great Baltimore Colts teams.

Flacco drives you crazy because he has all the ability and potential in the world. He has a great deep ball he has slightly above average pocket awareness, amazing arm strength and is fairly durable. He doesn't really have a quick release which is why the Raven's aren't the best at throwing slants. Than every once in a while Flacco makes a really bad read and gets picked or just has one of those off games where he doesn't look good at all and it drives you mad.

I think he's a QB that does well in a balanced offense I don't want him throwing the ball 30 times. I'd like the Ravens to be able to run20+ times and get 100+ years on the ground. I think the Ravens have tried to get pass happy over the years and haven't always been able to sustain drives which just kills the defense. I also think Flacco is someone that takes a little longer to get chemistry with some wide receivers but after he does they can be pretty good. Problem is the Ravens never hold onto them long enough (ala Boldin and Torrey Smith) and frankly the Ravens rarely draft good receivers.

I'm not really talking about Flacco overall I think most have an idea where he stands but as far as post season goes he's maintained a pretty exceptional run. If you want to attribute that more to the organizations or the coaching or the defense or other players fine it is a team game.

The Baltimore Denver game wasn't really a shoot out despite the high score. Peyton was largely held in check despite his stats from the game (compared to the incredible year he was having). 31 of the Ravens 38 came from the offense. 14 of the Broncos 35 came from special teams. That game was a tough fought freezing game that was just trying on everyone. I felt cold just watching it. The Ravens defense got the better of Peyton on two picks one a pick six. But the two special teams returns for touchdowns are what almost sealed the deal for Denver. The pass to Jacoby wasn't on 4th down. Rahim Moore played it poorly he was too far up and when Flacco saw that he stepped up and let it go leaving Moore on his ass to watch Jacoby score a TD. Even if that play didn't work the Ravens would still have time to attempt another game tying play. It wasn't just one play, Flacco and Jacoby Jones have talked about it in interviews about how surprised they were at Moore's positions. Flacco saw him playing up so he let it rip

I think that is just the media simplifying things. Teams win teams lose. The QB potentially has the most control on the outcome than any other player but that isn't always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A big issue again as I posted is that since 2012 the Ravens have had these offensive coordinators. Since Flacco has started here is his offensive coordinators.

Cam Cameron 2008-2012 (Fired with 3 games left in regular season)
    Jim Caldwell 2012-2013 (after Super Bowl run and 2013 season became Detroit Lions head coach)
    Gary Kubiak 2014 (Spent one year in Baltimore , took Broncos coaching job)
    Marc Trestman 2015-2016 (Fired halfway through 2016)
    Marty Morniweg 2016 (Named new offensive coordinator)

That is 5 offensive coordinators since 2012 for Flacco and its hard to develop a chemistry and identity with the systems the Ravens wanna do. Flacco to make it this far has done well. But when you go through 5 changes in 5 seasons nearly , its hard.
    I liked Cam Cameron, but the Ravens offense was wildly inconsistent for a team that was a Super Bowl pick during his 4 year tenure. If Flacco had elevated his game a little more he probably could have saved Cam Cameron's job. Caldwell who I like didn't really do much he kept it simple and the players came together.

Now I loved Gary Kubiak's offense. He made Justin Forsett look like a stud. That Ravens running attack was amazing. Marc Trestman was terrible. Mornhinweg remming to be seen.

The Ravens never have a sexy offense to me. Once in a while they have some games where they light it up but I think they are best served with a good running game and play action. Give Flacco the occasional deep shot downfield. They were able to mimic the Packers passing game a little bit during their Super Bowl run but I believe that was more about personnel than anything else.

I'm not a fan of the way Flacco audibles. I dislike Big Ben for obvious reasons but when he and Brady audible a play its usually on the money. With Flacco it's like flipping a coin he'll audible to a draw that will get stuffed or he'll audible to a risky pass play, that might be incomplete or worse and kill the drive.

Big Ben does this simple audible where if you load up the box he's going pass and if live it open he goes run.

I feel like the Patriots have the most efficient offense in the NFL and you can plug mediocre Qbs into that system and they would be great.
    The J-man

Hold on to your butts, Robert Griffin is set to start at QB for the Browns at home vs. the Bengals.
    I feel these last 4 games will be his farewell tour.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Hold on to your butts, Robert Griffin is set to start at QB for the Browns at home vs. the Bengals.
    I feel these last 4 games will be his farewell tour.
    This presupposes RGIII manages to stay healthy for those four games. Frankly speaking, I wouldn't bet any money on that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    bullshit. Belichick maybe. Tom Brady nope. It's a systemic organizational problem Brady couldn't resolve that. The Patriots organization helped mold him into what he is today.

A few tidbits for your consideration:

Johnny Manziel tells Lamar Jackson not to go to Browns
    probably the nicest thing Manziel has ever done.

A few tidbits for your consideration:

Le’Veon Bell thinks Giants were trying to hurt him

welcome to football?
    The J-man

One of Oak's best OL is a late scratch due to an illness....this is gunna hurt

my heart say Oak...but my brain is telling me KC wins it tonight /cry
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I can't remember the last time I was excited for a Thursday night game!
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!