Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best thing you ever made/ate?

Food is awesome. Whats the best thing you ever had, and where was it from? I love to cook, and try to make everything homemade. Best thing I ever made was chicken parm with homemade fettuccine noodles. I have one of those kitchen aid mixers with the pasta attachments.

Best restaurant has to be The Flying Fish on the Grand Bahama Island. They had the BEST paella...and pork bellies. Expensive, but worth it.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm not that good in the kitchen usually but apparently I make a lovely pizza from scratch, I even make the dough and everything

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm not that good in the kitchen usually but apparently I make a lovely pizza from scratch, I even make the dough and everything
    I freaking love pizza. Can't go wrong. I bought a pizza stone, and its amazing. Now I need to order pizza.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I do enjoy a nice pizza. Making pizza on Monday as it happens. There's a lot of pepperoni, chicken, mushrooms, cheese and sauce on it when I make it ah well, it's appreciated by my wife which is the main thing I guess when I make it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I ate this octopus and pork belly dish (had this amazing drizzle of something on it) at this restaurant in Windsor Canada and it was amazing.

There is a high-end restaurant out West that serves something called a butter cake and it is the best piece of cake ever. No frosting, just a simple baked cake.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I'm not much of a cook but the best meal that I've ever had was a Chinese meal in, of all places, southern France.

It was in a restaurant (that is no longer there sadly and whose name I've forgotten) in a town called Caussade. I was living with my Dad and his second wife for a period over there. We often ate out.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I ate this octopus and pork belly dish (had this amazing drizzle of something on it) at this restaurant in Windsor Canada and it was amazing.

There is a high-end restaurant out West that serves something called a butter cake and it is the best piece of cake ever. No frosting, just a simple baked cake.
    I've had butter cake before, and if made well it is the most amazing thing ever. I've never been to Canada before, but I do hear they have some amazing dishes!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I'm not much of a cook but the best meal that I've ever had was a Chinese meal in, of all places, southern France.

It was in a restaurant (that is no longer there sadly and whose name I've forgotten) in a town called Caussade. I was living with my Dad and his second wife for a period over there. We often ate out.
    I was in France for a while, and they had some of the most amazing food. I was a little thrown off when I ordered a hot dog and they served it to me on a baguette. But France is known for having an amazing culinary reputation. A lot of their food is fresh, and local.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Left4Jess View Post
    I was in France for a while, and they had some of the most amazing food. I was a little thrown off when I ordered a hot dog and they served it to me on a baguette. But France is known for having an amazing culinary reputation. A lot of their food is fresh, and local.
    Oh yes, the French culinary reputation is certainly well merited. At times, when I think back on my many experiences over there, some of the meals I've eaten and delicacies sampled can almost get me drooling! It's true that the French are particularly insistent on fresh food. French bread is specifically baked to last for only a day. And as for their wine and cheese. Topissime.

It's funny. I've never liked what gets passed as Italian food here in the UK. Yet when I first visited Italy (I've been twice) I ate like a king! Loved it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I make a pretty good chili. I'll make a big batch of it, freeze half of it for another time and eat the other half for a week. I love it.

Best thing I ever ate? That's hard. I've had a lot of good food. Lobster, steak, etc.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

I have made some awesome desserts in my life. Mint-Chocolate mousse. Mango-amarettini trifle. Christmas tiramisu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I make a pretty good chili. I'll make a big batch of it, freeze half of it for another time and eat the other half for a week. I love it.

Best thing I ever ate? That's hard. I've had a lot of good food. Lobster, steak, etc.
    Chili is good too. And I completely understand that, its hard to choose when there is so much good food out there!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I have made some awesome desserts in my life. Mint-Chocolate mousse. Mango-amarettini trifle. Christmas tiramisu.
    Oh man...I love all of that stuff. Now i'm hungry.

Extraordinary Member

Tuna pasta with melted cheese. Sounds basic, but it was scrumptious.

Extraordinary Member

I helped my brother make a mean double bacon burger. Didn't try it, was too full