Page 13 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    That's 8 weeks, minimum. Here comes Josh McCown, the Browns QB who actually wants to start there, that has won a couple games, but they keep on trying to supplant with luminaries like Johnny Manziel, Austin Davis and RGIII.

Also, the Factory of Sadness brand jersey needs updating:
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I believe the owner officially retired it after the Cavs won the NBA finals, now they can start a brand new one!

And it's officially a broken coracoid bone in his shoulder and could be season ending
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-12-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Browns are a cursed franchise. That is the team where careers go to die.

Belichick and Ozzie Newsmen to consummate winners and professionals couldn't win in Cleveland.....but as soon as they leave the city they start winning Super Bowls.

How many first round QB's has Cleveland just shredded. Even championship pedigree veterans let go from other teams come to Cleveland to have their hopes and dreams crushed.

On to other sports:
    Lebron's first years in the NBA he tried everything to get Cleveland a championship, he just couldn't attract any big name talent outside of shack who was just hunting for rings at the end of his career. Even LeBron as great as he is had to game the system. He had to leave and let Cleveland revert back to themselves for a few years so they could draft Kyrie. Than he comes back and they still almost don't get it done. The Golden State Warriors had them on the ropes 3-1. Lebron is putting on a once in a millennium performance on the court, but if Bogut doesn't go down and Draymond doesn't get suspended most people believe Cavs lose. Cleveland better honor Lebron for ever and ever because the Browns aren't doing anything for the next 15 years+. Maybe they win one in baseball idk anything is possible. I'm happy for Lebron I was less on board with Cleveland when I think back about how they burned this man in effigy and all the things that were said about him. Seriously they should build at least 10 statues for Lebron. Cleveland is not a sexy big market team, great players only go to Cleveland for Lebron.

Now back to football. Big or small market teams can still win Championships that is how the league is designed. Hasn't helped Cleveland tho, I think it's a failure from the top down. The team needs a new owner plain and simple. Now small market teams don't get the press some big market teams get but that's okay. The Cowboys haven't been noteworthy for 25+ years but outside of one decent season they are still in all the headlines. I think the Giants are generally overrated by most New Yorkers but at least they've won some championships in recent memory.

ok I'm starting to rant now and forget what I initially wanted to say. You all get where I was going
    The J-man

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    How many first round QB's has Cleveland just shredded. Even championship pedigree veterans let go from other teams come to Cleveland to have their hopes and dreams crushed.
    I'm sure Carson Wentz is silently thanking any and all gods that come to mind after Cleveland decided he wasn't worth drafting when they had the number two pick in the draft and let the Eagles have him instead. It boggles the mind how the Browns have had nothing but bad luck drafting quarterbacks and signing free agent QB's (one being Eagles current head coach Doug Pederson) since they came back into the league. You'd think they would've gotten it right at least once since 1999, but it's been nothing but dreck, flotsam and jetsam from day one, and I don't know if they'll EVER pick one who'll stick, and be successful.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-12-2016 at 02:03 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Browns are a cursed franchise. That is the team where careers go to die.
    Big or small market teams can still win Championships that is how the league is designed. Hasn't helped Cleveland tho, I think it's a failure from the top down. The team needs a new owner plain and simple. Now small market teams don't get the press some big market teams get but that's okay.
    Cleveland ownership has change quite a bit also so no stability at the top means no stability on the ground. My thing is when I hear and it's mostly older cats, that say the league is 'better' when the Browns are winning... I never understood that. I've only been nutz over the NFL since high school and I graduated in 94. The Browns have sucked my entire life and I'm 40 years old. The last time the Browns were good the league didn't even have 32 teams. Keep in mind the Browns were the shit when they were winning championships, they were dominate and then after Jim Brown they were good again. I don't know how much success any franchise is 'due', I mean when did the Minnesota Timberwolves or Sacramento Kings ever poke their heads out of the sand for more than a playoff series. Last several decades most longstanding teams in the NFL have had periods of success or have won championships except for the Browns. Maybe they are cursed. I do know that jersey of failed QB's has quite the number of bums on it and Griffin 3 is right there with them. Surely they didn't believe he was their future?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

A tweet from Dan Hanzus, NFL.com:

Browns sadness is infinite. Sign RGIII. Pass on Wentz. Lose to Wentz in opener. Send RGIII to IR next day.
    That pretty much sums up everything.

As much as the browns are a storied franchise...maybe its best to let them die and move the team. Does Ohio really need two professional football teams?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since I've been alive.

I'm really sad RGIII got hurt because now the Ravens have to face Josh McCown who frankly looks like a better QB. My team doesn't get any breaks this year. We don't get to play Jimmy G, instead we get Brady who is going to come back pissed from his suspension looking to torch the earth
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A tweet from Dan Hanzus, NFL.com:

That pretty much sums up everything.
    Saw a comment thread on Deadspin, went like this:

1) It's one of the Brownsiest things ever that Cleveland passed on drafting Wentz this year, lose Manziel, their last franchise savior to addiction and general madness, sign RGIII, a former #2 overall pick, and then lose the opener to Wentz, the #2 pick they passed on, while the #2 pick they signed is lost in the same game to injury, maybe for the whole year.

2) Could be worse, actually. The wisdom was Cleveland picked up an extra first round pick by doing that. Well, there are no "franchise savior" type QBs in this year's college draft for them to take. They are likely to have the #1 overall pick with their own, but still can't draft "the guy" at QB in that spot. Meanwhile, if Wentz keeps playing that well, Cleveland could end up with a mid-round 1st rounder, instead of another Top 10. It's not like the NFC East isn't weak enough that Wentz can't manage to lead them to 6-10 or 7-9 and the pick's in the double digits. And Philly has its guy. Who Cleveland STILL passed on.

Monday night doubleheader: Deadskins-Steelers at 7, followed by 49ers-Rams at around 10:30. Should be plenty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I believe the owner officially retired it after the Cavs won the NBA finals, now they can start a brand new one!
    LOL. In their defense, it hit 25 names. The jersey was already down to the back of the knee, and might just hit the floor before the Factory of Sadness finds a franchise QB.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Monday night doubleheader: Deadskins-Steelers at 7, followed by 49ers-Rams at around 10:30. Should be plenty interesting.
    I'm taking the Steelers and Rams.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I'm taking the Steelers and Rams.
    Ditto

Plus I have Big Ben, & Gurly on my fantasy team
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Let's go Washington!
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    *sigh*

How do you lose at home to the Patriots without Brady? Bill freaking Bellichik, man. That guy is either the best head coach in the history of the NFL or he sold his soul to the devil.
    I'm inclined to believe BB sold his soul to the devil. You always hear stuff about the Patriots involved in some kind of cheating when they play in their home stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]The Browns have sucked my entire life and I'm 40 years old. The last time the Browns were good the league didn't even have 32 teams.
    The Browns were good in 2007. That year they had Derek Anderson at QB. If you want to go before that, they made the playoffs in 2002.