Page 194 of 196 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196 LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 2931

Shanahan called a bad game all night. For the first half and most of the third though the defense and some pure talent like Julio Jones covered it up. But there were questionable plays all over the place. Ryan has his share of the blame too by refusing to throw the ball away, but Shanny Jr. called an epic flop of a game.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Congratulations to the Patriots organization and their fans. I'm a 49ers fan and Joe will always be number one in my heart, but it's time for him to slide over as far as legacies are concerned. Brady is number one. And he still may get another one before he retires. Nuts.

Still excited for Shanahan to be our head coach regardless of the outcome of this game.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-05-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Shanahan called a bad game all night. For the first half and most of the third though the defense and some pure talent like Julio Jones covered it up. But there were questionable plays all over the place. Ryan has his share of the blame too by refusing to throw the ball away, but Shanny Jr. called an epic flop of a game.
    It was alright the 1st half IMO. After they got out to the lead they should have been milking the clock. Just dumb decisions in the 2nd half. A Madden player could call a better game than that bullshit.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan76 View Post
    Dear god do the Falcons suck. How the hell do you blow a 25 point lead, IN THE SUPER BOWL!? Lucky I'm not the Falcons owner, cause I be telling them how much they suck right now. This mostly has to do with the fact that I hate NE, even before the Brady era.
    Did the moment catch up to the Falcons? Probably, I mean, coughing up a 25 point lead was unbelievable. Speaking of choking:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

A factor that was most important to me, which I thought even when Atlanta was winning, the way the Atlanta offense kept rushing up to the line and going for big plays, it got them the early lead but it also Kept Tom Brady on the field with more and more chances, and probably wore down the Atlanta D

Incredible Member

After Chip Kelly's failure and Atlanta blowing the lead, the lesson offenses should learn for 2017, slow and steady wins the race.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

That... turned out to be some kind of game, didn't it? While I normally would support the NFC since I'm a Panthers fan, I have to admit I wanted Brady to do it yet again.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Brady will win MVP as well. Holy shit , Belichick is being emotional.
    Can you imagine the prop bet odds on that?

Dropping outta that field goal range with 3:30 left on the clock was just not acceptable. It was all Atlanta had to do, get that field goal. Pats D surprised again.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I can not believe that the Falcons blew the game!!!! I mean they had it until freaking Matt Ryan took that sack in the 4th quarter taking the team out of field goal range which was the turning point that allowed New England to come back for the win. But it was still a very good game but man Matt Ryan should feel pretty crappy as I think he single handily lost his team the game. Why hold on to the football if you don't see anyone open? Just throw it away instead of standing there with it and get sacked......
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-06-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Wow. What a Super Bowl. After this game, I don't think it's in dispute anymore. Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. You just don't get much greater than five Super Bowl rings and four Super Bowl MVPs. As for the Flacons...I guess the 92 Oilers can rest easy now. They're no longer the greatest chokers in the history of the NFL.

This also raises another question. At this point in his career, is Bill Belichick better than Don Shula? Right now, I'd say the coaching hierarchy is still Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, and Bill Belichick. Right now, Belichick has won more Super Bowls than Shula and lost fewer. While he doesn't have as many wins as Shula, he hasn't been coaching as long as. Belichick is only 64 and as of now, he has 261 career wins. He'd have to coach another decade in order to get within striking distance of Don Shula's 347. But if anyone can coach that long and that consistently, it's Bill Belichick. But given how many accolades he's earned now, is it okay to rank him above Shula right now? At some point, this debate will have to happen and with each passing year, it gets harder and harder to put Shula over Belichick.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Wow. What a Super Bowl. After this game, I don't think it's in dispute anymore. Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. You just don't get much greater than five Super Bowl rings and four Super Bowl MVPs. As for the Flacons...I guess the 92 Oilers can rest easy now. They're no longer the greatest chokers in the history of the NFL.

This also raises another question. At this point in his career, is Bill Belichick better than Don Shula? Right now, I'd say the coaching hierarchy is still Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, and Bill Belichick. Right now, Belichick has won more Super Bowls than Shula and lost fewer. While he doesn't have as many wins as Shula, he hasn't been coaching as long as. Belichick is only 64 and as of now, he has 261 career wins. He'd have to coach another decade in order to get within striking distance of Don Shula's 347. But if anyone can coach that long and that consistently, it's Bill Belichick. But given how many accolades he's earned now, is it okay to rank him above Shula right now? At some point, this debate will have to happen and with each passing year, it gets harder and harder to put Shula over Belichick.
    Tom Brady is not the greatest he didn't even play that well in the super bowl.

Let's not deny that luck played a lot into Brady's Super Bowl success. If Seattle had been smart and gave the ball to Marshawn Lynch at the goal line two years ago, New England loses that game while Matt Ryan and Atlanta succumbed to the moment and gagged last night. At best, Brady would be 3-4 with as many losses under his belt as Jim Kelly. I won't deny Brady's greatness as his ticket to Canton has long since been punched, but Lady Luck has certainly been at his side.

Not in my eyes. Darth Hoodie absolutely HAS to pass Shula or the conversation is moot. While I'm at it, Belichick has also been lucky, coaching in an era where the league has been watered down by expansion and lack of talent while playing in a borderline pathetic division where he's all but guaranteed six wins from the dregs that's Buffalo, Miami and the Jets every year. Oh, sure, Belichick is a tremendous coach, I would never take that away from him, but I'm not ready to elevate him over Shula.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not in my eyes. Darth Hoodie absolutely HAS to pass Shula or the conversation is moot. While I'm at it, Belichick has also been lucky, coaching in an era where the league has been watered down by expansion and lack of talent while playing in a borderline pathetic division where he's all but guaranteed six wins from the dregs that's Buffalo, Miami and the Jets every year. Oh, sure, Belichick is a tremendous coach, I would never take that away from him, but I'm not ready to elevate him over Shula.
    Hell, I've got Walsh above Shula and maybe that is my age talking but when a coach has his own tree and sprouts fruit that goes along way. Understandably the Belichick tree has sprouted more dead wood than fruit. I hear you about the AFC East argument, it's not without merit and their ain't no borderline about it- they've been dogs forever, at the same time he's beaten up on those jokers and clowns for 20 damn years and when it comes to AFC Championship games on the next level he's lost very few of those. It ain't easy to win in this league and I do believe he's had his finger on the scale more often than he's gotten caught doing it but he's the best the sport has got. How many assistants has he lost and he's still truckin. I'm still a Montanna guy over a Brady fan but that does help too.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Hell, I've got Walsh above Shula and maybe that is my age talking but when a coach has his own tree and sprouts fruit that goes along way. Understandably the Belichick tree has sprouted more dead wood than fruit. I hear you about the AFC East argument, it's not without merit and their ain't no borderline about it- they've been dogs forever, at the same time he's beaten up on those jokers and clowns for 20 damn years and when it comes to AFC Championship games on the next level he's lost very few of those. It ain't easy to win in this league and I do believe he's had his finger on the scale more often than he's gotten caught doing it but he's the best the sport has got. How many assistants has he lost and he's still truckin. I'm still a Montanna guy over a Brady fan but that does help too.
    I've always used to say Montana was better than Brady because he never lost in the Super Bowl. Still, I won't argue that Brady is now the best because he has more rings. Meanwhile, the Bill Walsh tree has something like three dozen sprouts that became head coaches while Belichick can list only four (Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, Charlie Weis) and they all flopped in one way or another.

I am embarrassed to be NFL fan today. I don't get how no one calls out the fact the refs asleep for good portions of game but all the sudden wake up when pats are in trouble. Not to say those weren't suppose to be flagged but there was a ton both sides that they let go.
    Tom Brady should never be considered the greatest. Every super bowl is tainted by cheating. From tuck bowl to last nights refing taint so much beyond what they been caught cheating.