Page 2 of 196 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    His backup or starter, depending on who you ask, is Chase Daniel, who couldn't even move up the depth chart over Alex Smith in KC.

He was never gonna be the starter given the fact he was signed as a backup QB. Reid's 1st move was to bring in Daniel who was already a backup in New Orleans after he traded a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith. I mean this is like saying , "Daniel never moved up over Sam Bradford..." Even though the organization had pretty much said , this is THE GUY and your the backup clearly. And with Alex , the team won games ...so its not like Daniel was gonna see the field with a winning QB who doesn't make much mistakes.

The Eagles handed Daniel $7+ million as Pederson expected him to be the starter and run the system he had been in the last 3 years. Instead , we saw what happened.
    Perhaps the plan had been to trade Bradford then give the reins to Daniel for 2016. Then the fans, and the coaching staff actually watched Daniel play, displaying the reason why he's been a career benchwarmer....he ain't that good. Long before draft day, I've been of the belief the Eagles would struggle to win eight games and miss out on the playoffs, despite how weak NFC East was and regardless of who lined up under center, so, why not clear the decks, give the keys to Wentz and see what he can do. The end result never figured to change anyway. I'm not sobbing over Daniel who's gonna be paid $7 million to hold the clipboard, and Wentz could well shock the world with how good he can play. Bottom line, the kid was going to play in 2016, might as well start now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps the plan had been to trade Bradford then give the reins to Daniel for 2016. Then the fans, and the coaching staff actually watched Daniel play, displaying the reason why he's been a career benchwarmer....he ain't that good. Long before draft day, I've been of the belief the Eagles would struggle to win eight games and miss out on the playoffs, despite how weak NFC East was and regardless of who lined up under center, so, why not clear the decks, give the keys to Wentz and see what he can do. The end result never figured to change anyway. I'm not sobbing over Daniel who's gonna be paid $7 million to hold the clipboard, and Wentz could well shock the world with how good he can play. Bottom line, the kid was going to play in 2016, might as well start now.

I'd say more or less its your GM calling the shots over Pederson who wants to likely let someone who knows his system the last 3 years and can take the beating before they throw a young player who doesn't fully know it to the wolves. I mean the entire deal seems to be the GM wants to push who starts and Pederson is just along for the ride since he's a 1st year head coach. "Look your gonna start Wentz now !" If this was someone like Reid , he'd have likely said , the **** I am. We bring the kid along slowly and once the offensive line is set good. Were not pushing a rookie in with our 2 starting tackles out and him only running one quarter of my system."

Pederson seems like he has no choice but accept what is there. Its why If this was a pure coaching decision , with a guy who hasn't played fully in the system beyond a quarter of preseason , who hasn't had time to jell with other players , and has a bad offensive line that is missing players ; he wouldn't be starting so quick.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Kickoff is tomorrow... anyone got predictions for the Carolina vs. Denver Super Bowl Rematch (minus an ass-ton of players from both teams from last year)?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'd say more or less its your GM calling the shots over Pederson who wants to likely let someone who knows his system the last 3 years and can take the beating before they throw a young player who doesn't fully know it to the wolves. I mean the entire deal seems to be the GM wants to push who starts and Pederson is just along for the ride since he's a 1st year head coach. "Look your gonna start Wentz now !" If this was someone like Reid , he'd have likely said , the **** I am. We bring the kid along slowly and once the offensive line is set good. Were not pushing a rookie in with our 2 starting tackles out and him only running one quarter of my system."

Pederson seems like he has no choice but accept what is there. Its why If this was a pure coaching decision , with a guy who hasn't played fully in the system beyond a quarter of preseason , who hasn't had time to jell with other players , and has a bad offensive line that is missing players ; he wouldn't be starting so quick.
    Well, it's not like this would be the first time a GM or owner overrode the head coach when it comes to personnel matters, Al Davis did that practically all the time. Hell, most suspect that just happened last weekend when the Vikings panicked after the Bridgewater injury and gave away their first round pick for Sam Bradford. Is that the right thing? Probably not, but you-know-what happens. In fact, I'm surprised Rams owner Stan Kroenke hasn't pitched a fit because his team is starting a new era in L.A. with Case Keenum as his quarterback. Good luck selling tickets with that kid as your headliner. Back to Philly, I've gotten zero vibe here that Howie Roseman pushed Carson Wentz to start because he's getting to lord it over a first time head coach in Doug Pederson, both are equally onboard with Wentz, saying he's ready to go, personally speaking, I would've waited, but then I saw Chase Daniel look like crap, so I shrugged and said, "Screw it! Go with the rookie!"

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Kickoff is tomorrow... anyone got predictions for the Carolina vs. Denver Super Bowl Rematch (minus an ass-ton of players from both teams from last year)?
    Opening weekend is always a colossal crapshoot as anything can happen, but, I'll throw caution to the winds and say Carolina comes out on top, 20-17 in a close contest.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, it's not like this would be the first time a GM or owner overrode the head coach when it comes to personnel matters, Al Davis did that practically all the time. Hell, most suspect that just happened last weekend when the Vikings panicked after the Bridgewater injury and gave away their first round pick for Sam Bradford. Is that the right thing? Probably not, but you-know-what happens. In fact, I'm surprised Rams owner Stan Kroenke hasn't pitched a fit because his team is starting a new era in L.A. with Case Keenum as his quarterback. Good luck selling tickets with that kid as your headliner. Back to Philly, I've gotten zero vibe here that Howie Roseman pushed Carson Wentz to start because he's getting to lord it over a first time head coach in Doug Pederson, both are equally onboard with Wentz, saying he's ready to go, personally speaking, I would've waited, but then I saw Chase Daniel look like crap, so I shrugged and said, "Screw it! Go with the rookie!"
    Al Davis fucked many a coach over with his insane **** though. Back in the 1990's in a comedic spot , his former head coach Mike White had installed a west coast system. White was in a close game and Davis got angry that (either Jeff George or Jeff Hostetler) weren't throwing deep routes. They were doing the short passing routes like the system has. Davis got on the phone and called down and demanded the coach call deep passing routes. White was ordered to do it and soon started losing as they threw Int's.

Kroenke likely was told , would you rather sell some tickets that will be short lived and perhaps hurt a future franchise QB....or think long term and get a kid ready to have sell outs for a decade if he performs solid enough ? I'm sure he realized , selling tickets will be short lived unless the team wins. And LA is a market where they will demand a winner.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Kroenke likely was told , would you rather sell some tickets that will be short lived and perhaps hurt a future franchise QB....or think long term and get a kid ready to have sell outs for a decade if he performs solid enough ? I'm sure he realized , selling tickets will be short lived unless the team wins. And LA is a market where they will demand a winner.
    Really? The only reason NFL football is back in L.A. at all is because Roger Goodell and the owners wanted a team there as it chafed at them something awful not to have football in the second largest city in the U.S. The fanbase seemed perfectly happy living without the NFL in it's environs, and without something fancy to watch, like a number draft pick at quarterback, attendance is bound to dip anyway once the team starts going south.

The Bills have already had their defense decimated by injuries going into this season... now, the offense takes a hit, as RT Seantrel Henderson has been suspended four games for substance abuse.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Think the Falcons'll finish in the 7-9 to 9-7 range, think the Panthers will regress back towards the mean and win 9 to 11 games and likely take the division again.

The Saints and Drew Brees locked up a new extension which will guarantee Brees $44.25 million the next 2 seasons. Brees held all the cards essentially as he was approaching free agency in 2017 and the cost to franchise tag Brees would have been $43+ million. Also Brees put a deadline on contract tales for Sunday so the Saints had to get a deal done. The deal actually is a 5 year deal but can be voided after 2 seasons. Brees himself feels confident he will play out this deal. And as Brees claims he wanted to retire as a New Orleans Saint.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Bills have already had their defense decimated by injuries going into this season... now, the offense takes a hit, as RT Seantrel Henderson has been suspended four games for substance abuse.
    I'm not entirely convinced that Seantrel Henderson was 100% ready to come back as a started, but it certainly doesn't help. That being said, I'm hoping that Henderson starts to shed light on the absurdity of the rule. Henderson is suffering from Crohn's Disease, which is an incredibly painful disorder. I have no doubt that this was in some way medical marijuana, whether it was prescribed or not.

Football is also incredibly painful. All of the injuries and the life long brain injuries that are coming to light, it makes sense for the players to do whatever it takes to ease the pain that we put them through for our entertainment. Maybe it's time to stop testing for marijuana. If it's effecting their playing, leave that to the coaches to enforce, but suspensions for marijuana use is archaic.
    Last edited by C_Miller; 09-08-2016 at 04:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

So Palmer did say if you do something the nfl says don't do because it's illegal in the nfl you suffer the consequences.
    Stephen A Smith has a problem with this because its not his buisness also that he's saying this conviently because pats at cards with Garapollo starting.

As for tonights game Panthers win a tough close game 20-13.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

6 Seeds AFC
    Bengals 11-5, Pats 11-5, Raiders 10-6, Colts 10-6
    Wild Cards: Titans 10-6, Chiefs 10-6

NFC 6 Seeds
    Panthers 12-4, Cards 11-5, Packers 11-5, Giants 10-6
    Wild Cards: Seahawks 10-6, Bucs 9-7

Apparently, all or the majority of the Seahawks will be protesting the anthem on 9/11.

Classy!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I predict that two teams will be in the Super Bowl and one of them will win it! I know, bold prediction
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Apparently, all or the majority of the Seahawks will be protesting the anthem on 9/11.

Classy!
    The NFL needs to make it a rule that ALL players, coaches and team personal HAVE to stand for the anthem. It's a rule in MLB and other sports.

Some teams make it a rule in the NFL. Steve Fisher, head coach of the Rams, not only has a rule about having to stand for it, but he wants them to stand in a particular way.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor