Page 53 of 196 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Fumble recovered by the Bolts.

And a personal foul on Denver.

Bolts take advantage with a fg.

It's keeping Broncos in the game because of their stingy defense.

Hail mary gets knocked down as the Bolts avoid a dreadful choke job to defeat the Broncos 21-13.
    So now 2 consecutive losses for Denver.

I'm so damm glad I picked the Bolts.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

thank god the bolts held on to win. don't think I could take yet another fourth quarter meltdown
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

NFC East predictions:
    Eagles over Redskins. The Redskins aren't good enough to win four in a row.
    Giants over Ravens.
    Packers over Cowboys. The Cowboys aren't good enough to win five in a row.

These outcomes should keep the whole division at .500 or better and within 1 1/2 games of each other.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This win likely saved McCoy's job. Had he not won , rumors was he was gonna be fired. It was a MUST WIN game for him to keep his job.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Thursday night football continues to be a crap shoot it seems

After watching the TNF game, I get the sense that Mike McCoy saved his job, at least for another week. But if the Chargers don't go on a run of sorts and finish at or near 500, he's going to be gone. I don't know what this means for Philip Rivers. I really like him, but he just has terrible luck with the Chargers. I wonder if maybe it would be best for him if he did what Carson Palmer did and got traded to a contender that just needs a quarterback. Teams like Arizona, Miami, and Huston are always looking for better quarterbacks. I think that could be best for him if he wants to win a championship.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Packers over Cowboys. The Cowboys aren't good enough to win five in a row.
    Hahahah. That's what people were saying last week before they thrashed the Bengals.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Cowboys Packers will be an interesting match up. Green Bay has the best run defense in the league. They are averaging under 2 yards per carry allowed, no other team is averaging less than 3 per carry. Cowboys have one of the best offensive lines, but it's missing pieces and Tyron Smith's back is a concern. Witten is also listed as questionable, and that is a concern for both the run game and the passing game without Dez. On the other side, Starks is out for the Packers with a meniscus injury that will sideline him for a few weeks, and Lacy is questionable because of an ankle injury that prevented him from finishing last week's game. The only other running back on the roster is a fullback, so Cobb and other receivers may have to line up as tailback and carry the ball if Lacy can't go or can't finish. The Cowboys run defense is not that good though, and allow way too much on a per carry average. You can say most football games are won or lost in the trenches, but I think its especially so here. If either team can succeed in making the other one dimensional and take the running game out of the equation, it'll go a long way towards deciding this one. Normally I'd say Rogers is good enough to win even if there is no run game, but he has been struggling with accuracy this year and not been very efficient, so we'll see. It's in Green Bay, so I will give the slight nod to the Packers, but will be rooting for the Cowboys. This starts a stretch that will be a real test for the Cowboy sand Prescott in particular. They have done well against mediocre to bad teams so far (only Washington has a winning record of teams they have played so far), but now (with the exception of the Cleveland game) they have a long stretch of games against the better teams in the league this year, and it will go a long way towards deciding the shape of their season, and whether Prescott keeping the job is still even on the table.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

In sad news one of the great NFL stories and perhaps human story ended today. Dennis Byrd , famous for breaking his neck and the odds against him in 1992 , within a year walked out onto the field ; died today in a car accident. It was a story of a man who told his wife he'd hold his children and he would walk again while a doctor told him the odds were against that. Dennis Byrd inspired a TV movie over his recovery.

He was 50 years old.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I'll be keeping my eye on two games today. Probably the most meaningful is Cowboys/Packers. I think that's a game where we'll find out just how good the Cowboys actually are. They've had the ball bounce their way a lot for most of this season. They've played teams that are slumping or faltering. They've overachieved when they've had to. That's all well and good, but no team can ride those things to a championship. They can make the playoffs, but when you start playing teams with playoff caliber talent, then you can't rely on those things anymore. We've seen teams start hot and falter badly in the past. The Falcons did it last year. Today will show whether the Cowboys can avoid that.

The other game I'll be watching is Eagles/Redskins. The Eagles are like the Cowboys in that they've really overachieved and they've played bad teams or teams that have been faltering. Today is another day where they're playing a team at just the right time. They're playing the Redskins at a time when they don't have Jordan Reed, probably one of the top five tight ends in the league right now. So they're playing a team that's vulnerable. They won't have to overachieve quite as much. For the Redskins, it's a much bigger test. They're paying Kirk Cousins $20 million this season. He needs to show that he can be a top-tier quarterback, even when he doesn't have his favorite target available. If he falters, like he did against the Jets last year when Reed didn't play, then that may indicate he's not a product of great talent. He's just the product of the talent around him. So for both teams, it's a big deal. The course of their season and even the offseason afterwards could be shaped by this game.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Titans have lost multiple should win games since 2011 which is why my confidence is a 3 the middle not a 5 the highest.
    Go Titans I predict they win in a decent game 34-20 vs the Browns. It's the use of Pryor that keeps the Browns from looking terrible no doubt.

Bungles/Pats
    Philly/Skins for me.

I'll take it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Wentz takes 2 straight sacks and already has his jersey ripped . The Redskins are gonna bring the blitz a lot against him. Tannehill is making his 70th straight start and a record right now for QB's. He's also been the most sacked in that stretch. But the simple fact is its half on the offensive line and half on Tannehill. Who holds the ball way too long at times.