Page 7 of 196 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And if other players pull that stunt today, chances are they'll lose any endorsements they might have.
    The NFL has a very patriotic fanbase, more so than any other American sport outside of NASCAR.
    Dark does not mean deep.

My picks for this week:

Vikings @ Titans. I think I have to go with the Titans here. Not that I think that Bridgewater was the secret to their successes last year, but I don't have much faith in Shaun Hill as a game manager. I think Mariota builds on what he did last year and the split backs of Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry I think will provide some life to the Offense.

Bears @ Texans. Texans easy. I think their offense improved with the Brock Lobster and their defense is still one of the best in the game. The Bears weren't great last year and losing Forte I think made them worse.

Browns @ Eagles. RGIII excites me as does Corey Coleman. I think this game is going to be a bit of a pillow fight, but Wentz after only playing a handful of snaps in pre-season really is a trigger to me. I don't expect it to be a great game, but I do expect the Browns to pull this off.

Giants @ Cowboys. I gotta go with the Cowboys. Both teams have their problems, but I think Prescott was fantastic in preseason and I truly believe in Ezekiel Elliott who I think will have a record breaking rookie year. The Giants really didn't look pretty in preseason and I think Eli Manning is in the twilight of his career.

Bills @ Ravens. The Ravens weren't very good last year and I have a good feeling about the Bills this year. I'm optimistic about at least 9 games this year as I believe the offense will continue to be as good as they were last year and the defense will improve as Rex is now running his defense rather than a hybrid. If key players (Taylor, Watkins and McCoy) can stay healthy, I feel good. And this I think is going to be a relatively easy first win.

Chargers @ Chiefs. Chiefs without Jamaal Charles isn't going to be as dominant, but I think the Chargers are a bit of a mess, especially since they didn't sign their best player in the draft until about a week ago and he's not even playing today. Rivers hasn't be great in at least a decade mostly due to them not building a team around him. Chargers I believe will have another top 3 pick this year.

Raiders @ Saints. I think the Raiders are going to win this one. The Raiders are a team on the upswing. They have one of the best defensive players in Khalil Mack and I think Carr to Cooper are going to be tied together for the rest of their careers. Latavius Murray provides a solid option at Running Back. If they don't get win their division this year, it'll be next year.

Buccaneers @ Falcons. This is a toss up. I don't think either team is is especially good. I think the Bucks might be better with, but I'm going to pick the Falcons. They've been better at the top of the season in recent memory.

Bengals @ Jets. Bengals lost a lot of players and their world class Offensive Coordinator this year, but I think they'll easily put the Jets away. AJ Green is one of the few Wideouts that doesn't need to worry about Revis Island and Revis is going into his 10th season now. Plus they have the best 1-2 halfbacks in the league.

Packers @ Jaguars. I really like the Jags this year, maybe even winning the AFC South, but I think Aaron Rogers is just in a different league. Especially now that he has Nelson back. I'm very interested to see Myles Jack and Jaylen Ramsey though.

Lions @ Colts. This is another toss up for me. I don't feel good about the Lions without Calvin Johnson and I don't think the Colts have back to back bad losses in Season Openers.

Dolphins @ Seahawks. No way the Seahawks lose at home to the Dolphins of all teams. I definitely want to see what kind of pressure Mario Williams can put on Russell Wilson though.

Patriots @ Cardinals. The Cardinals are my team to win the Super Bowl and I don't think the Pats will be very good without Brady, Gronk, Ninkovitch or Chandler Jones. They're going to be better than they have any business being because Belechik is a modern day Faust, but I think the Cardinals are going to be the team to beat this year.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Time to watch the Titans defeat the Vikings in a tough close game with Henry and Murray having a decent debut to win top 20-17. Hill throws a int late in the Game.

Other Winners
    Saints
    Ravens
    Browns
    Pack
    Texans
    Chiefs
    Giants
    Cards
    Bengals
    Seahawks
    Colts
    Bucs

MNF
    Skins
    49ers

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Carson Wentz threw a TD on his first ever drive as the Eagles have a 10-0 in the second quarter.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Not shocked at all KC is struggling. They are missing Charles , Houston and others. The team still needs an explosive WR to add across from Macklin and the offensive line will always be a work in progress. The team will be lucky to win 6-7 games til they fix the line and other issues. Reid will coach his ass off as usual. But these issues need fixed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Watching that last drive, I'm cautiously optimistic that RG3 to Terelle Pryor just might be a thing for the Browns. And our D is stepping it up, right now. Could it be that we're merely bad instead of terrible?
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Watching that last drive, I'm cautiously optimistic that RG3 to Terelle Pryor just might be a thing for the Browns. And our D is stepping it up, right now. Could it be that we're merely bad instead of terrible?
    The Factory of Sadness is merely trying to get your hopes up in order to crush them more thoroughly.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Well the Eagles are starting a rookie QB , so he's likely not helping leaving that defense on the field a lot. Of course Pryor developing into a starting NFL WR is kinda wild. You'd never expect it to happen , but Cleveland has so many holes and all...no shock he's starting there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Great flip by murray to score td. 10-0 titans at half

Watching the Bills game after the Jets/Bengals went to halftime. The Bills basically struggled some on offense the 1st half and in comes the traveling RB , Reggie Bush. Its like Bush has played for a ton of teams his career. In looking...he's played for 5 teams in 9 seasons. The Bills likely at his age (31) is his last stop.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A bad snap by Cleveland leads to a safety, then Carson Wentz leads the Birds on a TD drive for a 22-10 lead.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Man, Tennessee has like three second half turnovers, two returned for TDs. Minnesota has yet to score an offensive TD, and now leads the Titans 22-10.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Wow now dead wrong about a tough close game but i an about the titans winning as the opportunistic d scored 2 no sweat tds.
    So damn embarassing but not shocking 2 turnovers for 2 tds hard to defeat a decent team with those detrimental mistakes.

Pack hang on 27-23 and chiefs tied bolts 27-27. The super chiefs showed their resilience

BANNED

Lets Go Giants

Bring me the head of Dakota Prescott