Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    2017/2023 new promo
    Wicked cool still of Jamie's Blink on the bottom, thanX, Jaun! Check out the color of her face, and the deep, reddish pink (magenta?) it is. And are those her facial markings that are highlighted, above her eyebrows? And will both be happening when she uses her tele-portal powers, and will her overall look evolve as a whole, the more she uses them?

Well, if she's like Apoccy, her appearance will slowly change as her powers grow.

I have a feeling she's going to be one of the shining stars of the show... just like she was in her future scenes of DoFP

Clarice Ferguson/Blink Cameo in Secret Warrior 3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Clarice Ferguson/Blink Cameo in Secret Warrior 3
    Say what? PM me what happens?

one page cameo x-men Tian

BANNED

God, her costume got worse.

Ah well, at least someone involved creatively remembers she exists.

the rust-orange color looks weird on her somehow.

Jamie Chung in Gifted House

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Small refresher update to the main page which, in doing so, I was reminded that Clarice's surname in the show is changed to Fong.

I'm a bit disappointed by this, in a few different ways. There's no reason a Chinese-American woman living in the USA couldn't have the last name "Ferguson", and it seems rather stereotypical to feel the need to give her a Chinese sounding surname just because. I can only see this being fully justified if they give her a stronger Chinese background (ie. less "Chinese-American" and more "Chinese", if that makes sense), otherwise it's a change with no real benefit and reeking of stereotype.
    it is rather ridiciulous. i also hate how the makeup they chose for her looks pretty cheap not to mention those god awful contacts. i kind of wish they stuck with blinks original look and i really truly will never understand why they randomly gave her pink skin and green eyes in exiles in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    it is rather ridiciulous. i also hate how the makeup they chose for her looks pretty cheap not to mention those god awful contacts. i kind of wish they stuck with blinks original look and i really truly will never understand why they randomly gave her pink skin and green eyes in exiles in the first place.
    ugh I know! and long hair!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post

In any case, it's just a small nit-pick from comic-to-TV translation. Blink's ethnicity, race, and cultural background were never properly explored, so it was left open enough to have gone a number of ways. I was supportive of Fan Bingbing's casting. It's now become a "neat" little trivia fact to explain to my friends, but the "Why did they change her last name" question, I have no response for.
    Eh...I think I like her more before the established her character as Asian (in the movies/upcoming TV show. She's from country that's 90% African descent! And while I really liked FBB's portrayal in DOFP and loooooved Jamie Chueng since Realm World Reruns. I'd honestlyrather had seen someone that reflects the population of Bahamas. Not knocking the representation struggles of Asian's in the X-verse let alone fantasy (Airbender ugh! ) The casting choice along with the actor cast as Sunspot just irked me.
    *saltiness over*
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Because she's a descendant of Clan Akkabba, and most of them look a bit weird?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Because she's a descendant of Clan Akkabba, and most of them look a bit weird?
    I think they meant over the original version seen in Gen next
    dgruz7.jpg
    GrindrStone(D)

Well, that's not actually a drastic change. It's mostly just the color of the eyes. Her skin was pink-purple, but a greyish shade.