Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I never quite understood 616 Blink's power. Was her teleportation power so uncontrollable that she shattered things apart? Not sure, but she did die like a boss like you said.

Would anyone ever ship AoA Blink with Nightcrawler? I actually think they would work out well.
    The way I read it was that Blink would open and close portals almost instantaneously so it looked like she was slicing and dicing. So when she opened up multiple portals it would displace thin pieces effectively being all ginsu-like.

As to her dating Nightcrawler I can't see that. Physically yeah they would make a cool looking couple but I don't see their personalities vibing that well. Her and Mimic were great and I could see her going for Havok(pre UA). To tell you the truth I think she's way out of most of the X-guys' league.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The way I read it was that Blink would open and close portals almost instantaneously so it looked like she was slicing and dicing. So when she opened up multiple portals it would displace thin pieces effectively being all ginsu-like.

As to her dating Nightcrawler I can't see that. Physically yeah they would make a cool looking couple but I don't see their personalities vibing that well. Her and Mimic were great and I could see her going for Havok(pre UA). To tell you the truth I think she's way out of most of the X-guys' league.
    Not to mention he is her friend's father.

BANNED

iPad double post, woo.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-04-2014 at 09:53 PM.

BANNED

I never quite understood 616 Blink's power. Was her teleportation power so uncontrollable that she shattered things apart? Not sure, but she did die like a boss like you said.

Would anyone ever ship AoA Blink with Nightcrawler? I actually think they would work out well.
    I used to run a Blink fansite some years ago (13? maybe 14), and a few people and I had cute little theories on how things might have worked.

Blink can teleport like most teleporters...teleport (just by thinking of a place, and going). She can also "blink" people (or parts of people) in quick succession, probably killing normal people or stunning more resilient targets. It's also possible, in this way, she could cause massive damage to an environment, such as a building or other structure. Of course, any untrained mutant can possibly cause destruction with the use of their powers.

The portals are probably for larger masses, or for instances where she needs the time that the portal is opened in which to move objects through. Portals, obviously, open on 2 ends (origin and destination), and I don't recall there being a limit on how many she can have active.

I still can't think of the exact reason why she uses the darts to teleport people; seems like it was done more for show, but it's still a unique display (sort of Gambit meets Nightcrawler).

I'd like Clarice (if 616 is used, or AoA brought to 616 permanently) to get more established as a character before any relationships are involved. I did like her with Mimic in Exiles, though.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-04-2014 at 09:54 PM.

I would like to see AoA Blink brought back und Si in X-Force. She would shine in a combat team and I'm pretty sure he'd be the only current X-writer that would utilize her in a creative way.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I love AoA Blink but dislike 616 Blink. Marvel needs to do a swap and send 616 to reality hopping limbo and bring AoA back to the regular continuity permanently!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I love AoA Blink but dislike 616 Blink. Marvel needs to do a swap and send 616 to reality hopping limbo and bring AoA back to the regular continuity permanently!
    I really liked the way they brought 616 Blink back. It wasn't a "SURPRISE! I'm still alive!" Moment, and it totally made sense with her powers and what happened to her. It's a shame to just throw that all away, but I'll take whichever Blink I can get so long as it's well written.

AoA Blink has had all the cool moments and is the version that really made me love the character, but any decent writer could take 616 Blink and make her just as cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I really liked the way they brought 616 Blink back. It wasn't a "SURPRISE! I'm still alive!" Moment, and it totally made sense with her powers and what happened to her. It's a shame to just throw that all away, but I'll take whichever Blink I can get so long as it's well written.

AoA Blink has had all the cool moments and is the version that really made me love the character, but any decent writer could take 616 Blink and make her just as cool.
    I liked the villain version of her; it's what they did with her afterwards I didn't like. I think I have every single appearance of AoA Blink bar a short story from an old X Men Unlimited so from a character investment viewpoint she is the one I would like to see more of.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I liked the villain version of her; it's what they did with her afterwards I didn't like.
    Ugh, I agree. Though the characterizations in that New Mutants comic were pretty bad to begin with, completely changing Blink's personality to the point where fans could only speculate she was an untreated manic-depressive was one of the worst things in the comic to me.

Anyway: Hooray for Movie Blink!

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

I highly recommend these little figurines! They're small lead statues that come with a handy-dandy book that tells you all about your favorite character. They're also fairly inexpensive (might have to do a little shopping around). I'm still in the process of getting some of my favorites (missing Iceman, Invisible Woman, and Rogue). The pose for each figurine usually comes from a comic book cover featuring that character, so some of them are pretty iconic.

Astonishing Member

Isn't she from the Bahamas? I know that is for Exiles/AoA Blink. (One of my favorite characters. Don't know much about the 616 Blink outside of Phalanx Covenant)
    She is indeed from the Bahamas. It's possible she could be white or even of Chinese descent.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    [CENTER]Classic Marvel Figurine Collection #97: Blink!

I highly recommend these little figurines! They're small lead statues that come with a handy-dandy book that tells you all about your favorite character. They're also fairly inexpensive (might have to do a little shopping around). I'm still in the process of getting some of my favorites (missing Iceman, Invisible Woman, and Rogue). The pose for each figurine usually comes from a comic book cover featuring that character, so some of them are pretty iconic.
    Those statues are exquisite!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    She is indeed from the Bahamas. It's possible she could be white or even of Chinese descent.
    Cool, then it's appropriate they have Fan Bingbing playing her in the movie.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Blink has her own action figure!

Not as numerous as others, but this select few (of a small collection) was based upon what "fans wanted" (yeah right!?).

Posters, figures, movie(s), comics...why is this character underutilized?

I actually had that^ and a Nate Grey figure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dashan View Post
    I actually had that^ and a Nate Grey figure.
    I'm in the midst of re-collecting my "complete" collection (I actually wiped dust off my Blink action figure when I last moved...dust!!), but I also used to have a pretty nice poster that featured Blink that I am praying my LCS still has a back-up of.

Currently, I only have a mini-mate, regular action figure (posted above), and an Eagle Moss figurine of Blink (besides comic collections). I used to own the aforementioned poster, the Wizard poster, and individual comics of her appearances (only have trades now). I'm fine with just owning trades, but posters and figurines such as the Heroclix are what I'm aiming to complete.

And the Nate Grey figure you mentioned had quite a unique pose to him, as well. Definitely something a fan of the character would want to capture. The third character in the series was someone I can't quite remember (Spat?) but was featured in the Uncanny X-men #350 issue (trial of Gambit).
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-06-2014 at 11:46 PM.