Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I don't remember the name of the 3rd character. All I do remember was that it was a girl with a frog like beast. Spat sounds about right.
    Wish I still had those figures though.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I used to run a Blink fansite some years ago (13? maybe 14), and a few people and I had cute little theories on how things might have worked.

Blink can teleport like most teleporters...teleport (just by thinking of a place, and going). She can also "blink" people (or parts of people) in quick succession, probably killing normal people or stunning more resilient targets. It's also possible, in this way, she could cause massive damage to an environment, such as a building or other structure. Of course, any untrained mutant can possibly cause destruction with the use of their powers.

The portals are probably for larger masses, or for instances where she needs the time that the portal is opened in which to move objects through. Portals, obviously, open on 2 ends (origin and destination), and I don't recall there being a limit on how many she can have active.

I still can't think of the exact reason why she uses the darts to teleport people; seems like it was done more for show, but it's still a unique display (sort of Gambit meets Nightcrawler).

I'd like Clarice (if 616 is used, or AoA brought to 616 permanently) to get more established as a character before any relationships are involved. I did like her with Mimic in Exiles, though.
    Those are some good theories! I do think it was interesting how she was able shatter things apart through teleportation.

I think her javelins are something different and unique for her character since there are so many other telporting mutants in the Marvel Universe. Like Gambit with his cards, Illyana with her sword, and Psylocke with her knife.

I highly recommend these little figurines! They're small lead statues that come with a handy-dandy book that tells you all about your favorite character. They're also fairly inexpensive (might have to do a little shopping around). I'm still in the process of getting some of my favorites (missing Iceman, Invisible Woman, and Rogue). The pose for each figurine usually comes from a comic book cover featuring that character, so some of them are pretty iconic.
    Very nice! I tried looking for that figure online but it seems to be sold out everywhere. Do you own her minimate figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Ugh, I agree. Though the characterizations in that New Mutants comic were pretty bad to begin with, completely changing Blink's personality to the point where fans could only speculate she was an untreated manic-depressive was one of the worst things in the comic to me.

Anyway: Hooray for Movie Blink!

While I would prefer Blink appeared in an AoA styled film, I am totally looking forward to seeing Clarice on screen! (Probably the only thing I look forward to with the film.) Fan Bingbing looks epic, and I love her costume.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I would like to see AoA Blink brought back und Si in X-Force. She would shine in a combat team and I'm pretty sure he'd be the only current X-writer that would utilize her in a creative way.

She would not fit in with that team at all. The 616 version would fit in better with that team since she is more the stone cold killer type.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Very nice! I tried looking for that figure online but it seems to be sold out everywhere. Do you own her minimate figure?

Yes, the one I have came in a 2-pack with AoA Sabretooth. The box wasn't in the greatest condition, but once I'm able to build a display case for all my figurines and stuff, she's coming out of it anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    She would not fit in with that team at all. The 616 version would fit in better with that team since she is more the stone cold killer type.
    Eh, she can definitely be made that way. Again, 616 Blink's personality is still very up in the air. I wouldn't mind a well-written Blink that's a little more...grey-area in her decisions/actions.

BANNED

It might seem pessimistic, but all I was really hoping for with Blink being in the movie was some cool usages of her powers. She's so D-list it's not even funny, so I wasn't expecting any major plot developments or deep, meaningful character moments centered around her.

Seeing as I am *definitely* getting what I wanted (that's a "hell yeah!", by the way), anything additional is icing on my cake.

BANNED

Today I present to you:

This book was one of my early introductions to the X-Men (my very first was a kindergarten level picture book) that also introduced me to...Blink!

The illustrations are taken directly from the comics (black and white) and the Phalanx X-over event is the story, in novelized form.

It was a pretty good read for me back in the day; fun and entertaining, before I really knew where I could buy comic books (with my allowance!). I remember buying it at the local Big Lots (for those who know what those are).

My biggest take from this was definitely Synch and Blink (my 2 favorite GenX'ers). Years later, I finally found out about AoA and then, even later, finally found out about and purchased the original Phalanx Covenant issues that featured the GenX'ers (didn't bother with the rest of the X-over).

It might seem pessimistic, but all I was really hoping for with Blink being in the movie was some cool usages of her powers. She's so D-list it's not even funny, so I wasn't expecting any major plot developments or deep, meaningful character moments centered around her.

Seeing as I am *definitely* getting what I wanted (that's a "hell yeah!", by the way), anything additional is icing on my cake.
    Had it not been for her presence in the film, I don't think I would bother even seeing it. The look and power effects look spot on. Though unfortunately I heard she is sort of a mute in the film due to the actress' lack of English speaking. I do hope she returns for the Apocalypse film.

Even though she isn't that big of a name in the Marvel Universe (She still is pretty prominent with being the leader of Exiles and AoA), she definitely deserves a film appearance.

Today I present to you:

This book was one of my early introductions to the X-Men (my very first was a kindergarten level picture book) that also introduced me to...Blink!

The illustrations are taken directly from the comics (black and white) and the Phalanx X-over event is the story, in novelized form.

It was a pretty good read for me back in the day; fun and entertaining, before I really knew where I could buy comic books (with my allowance!). I remember buying it at the local Big Lots (for those who know what those are).

My biggest take from this was definitely Synch and Blink (my 2 favorite GenX'ers). Years later, I finally found out about AoA and then, even later, finally found out about and purchased the original Phalanx Covenant issues that featured the GenX'ers (didn't bother with the rest of the X-over).
    That was my introduction to Blink too. Though which one do you like? I know it isn't fair to say since the AoA one was fleshed out very well and is the best known, but the 616 one has her strengths as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That was my introduction to Blink too. Though which one do you like? I know it isn't fair to say since the AoA one was fleshed out very well and is the best known, but the 616 one has her strengths as well.
    I think AoA Blink made realization of how cool a character she could be. I like both versions of Blink, really. If she were to ever be used in the future (AoA, 616, or otherwise), I would just hope for good, entertaining writing (which, the latter part of her involvement in New Mutants was not, imo).

I love her powerset and I love her aesthetic. AoA Blink just needs to be used, but with 616 Blink, a writer has room to really develop her from her roots still.

I looooooooved 616 Blink! but AoA Blink! can go die in a texting and driving accident for all i care.
    she sucks.
    As for Blink's ethnicity. It's kinda of annoying seeing people think she's white or chinese or etc. when she's descended from The Clan Akabba which ya know is in AFRICA, and she's from the bahamas which is more than 50% BLACK, and her first appearance had with a short crop of hairr. So it would make MORE sense that she'd be black, but I guess it'll too scary to have Bishop, Sunspot, and Blink! being black.
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-19-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    She grew up in AoA, experimented on by Sinister, and raised by Sabertooth. Plus her first big fight with Holocaust was incredible.
    Today I present to you:

I was also introduced to Blink the same way, I bought a huge Phalanx TPB and fell for Gen X. It was also my first intro to Joe Mad's art.
    I always thought it was cool that fans loved Blink so much from such a short appearance that Marvel decided to give her a pretty big push in AoA. Makes me wonder how much fan mail they actually got.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Skottie Young continues to be awesome
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Skottie Young continues to be awesome
    Cool sketch!