Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

What little there was with Fan's Blink was nice to see. I liked her Blink (and Booboo's Warpath)... it's a shame they weren't fleshed out more.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    What little there was with Fan's Blink was nice to see. I liked her Blink (and Booboo's Warpath)... it's a shame they weren't fleshed out more.
    Indeed. It's something I can't really complain about because I knew better, but it's good enough for me that she was featured at all.

Due to being out of town, I'm holding off seeing the movie for a bit, but it's nice to read that many people enjoyed Blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Well, of the new mutants, her powers got the most screen time. And they were done in a very visually appealing way. I believe Fan Bingbing has a multi-picture contract, so it's possible we'll see more of Blink.

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed the portrayal of Blink's powers in the movie and its creative uses. A tiny silly complaint is that she tossed crystal javelins like they were pebbles instead of throwing them in a more spear-like way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    I looooooooved 616 Blink! but AoA Blink! can go die in a texting and driving accident for all i care.
    she sucks.
    As for Blink's ethnicity. It's kinda of annoying seeing people think she's white or chinese or etc. when she's descended from The Clan Akabba which ya know is in AFRICA, and she's from the bahamas which is more than 50% BLACK, and her first appearance had with a short crop of hairr. So it would make MORE sense that she'd be black, but I guess it'll too scary to have Bishop, Sunspot, and Blink! being black.

It is a minor detail but I'm right there beside you as far as Blink's base ethnicity (beneath the pink skin). More than likely, the filmmakers just took a gander at her look and powers and called it a day. Now that's not to say there aren't Chinese people in the Bahamas, but I always figured she'd be of African descent - kind of like Darwin's mutation makes him white or Skin's coloration was grey.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    I looooooooved 616 Blink! but AoA Blink! can go die in a texting and driving accident for all i care.
    she sucks.
    As for Blink's ethnicity. It's kinda of annoying seeing people think she's white or chinese or etc. when she's descended from The Clan Akabba which ya know is in AFRICA, and she's from the bahamas which is more than 50% BLACK, and her first appearance had with a short crop of hairr. So it would make MORE sense that she'd be black, but I guess it'll too scary to have Bishop, Sunspot, and Blink! being black.
    I don't think they made Blink Chinese to be "less scary" they made her Chinese to appeal to China's film market, which is set to overtake America's in 2020. Is Blink's race really that important?

It's no question that Blink stole the show for me when it came to the future scenes. Hands down the best display of powers.

...."Clarice Ferguson" is a name you think belongs to a black person? If that name were any more Irish, she'd be wearing Shamrock's costume.

While i'd have liked more, I did like what we got in the film...very very clever use of powers, and it all looked good.

I don't think they made Blink Chinese to be "less scary" they made her Chinese to appeal to China's film market
    Oh yeah this. Fan BingBing is one of the most popular actresses in China, they cast her for some of that sweet sweet yuan.

Of course the big take away...Blink made it to the screen 2 years before Wonder Woman.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    If that name were any more Irish, she'd be wearing Shamrock's costume.
    Sounds Scottish rather than Irish to me

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Sounds Scottish rather than Irish to me
    Yes, Scottish. ^^ I like that they made her Chinese (maybe her father's Scottish, her mother's Chinese?), and I'm sure the billion people of Chinese moviegoers agree. ;P

Anyway, Blink and Quicksilver were two of my favorite parts of the movie! Quicksilver could have a spin-off movie and it would make a ton of money. Blink could headline an Exiles cast and I could see the same thing happening.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    ...."Clarice Ferguson" is a name you think belongs to a black person? If that name were any more Irish, she'd be wearing Shamrock's costume.

uh, yeah, since black folks in north america and canada have had english, scottish, irish, etc, last names for a very long time.

anyways, no real issue with Fan playing Blink, even if they weren't going for the chinese market

BLINK was everything in the future scenes. I dont care what people say! Loved her display of powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Cool sketch!
    I know right? Skottie Young needs to draw Blink more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    BLINK was everything in the future scenes. I dont care what people say! Loved her display of powers.
    Did she just teleport others or did she do any fighting? To me she's always been an acrobatic type of fighter like Kurt or Hank so I was wondering if they showed off any fighting skills?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Did she just teleport others or did she do any fighting? To me she's always been an acrobatic type of fighter like Kurt or Hank so I was wondering if they showed off any fighting skills?
    Her fighting was mostly the strategic use of portals, to her advantage and to the advantage of her teammates. I ~think~ that she was agile, but honestly, my eyes were on those portals blinking around everywhere pretty much the entire time, haha.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Her fighting was mostly the strategic use of portals, to her advantage and to the advantage of her teammates. I ~think~ that she was agile, but honestly, my eyes were on those portals blinking around everywhere pretty much the entire time, haha.
    LOL understandable. I can't wait to see her in action.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider