Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I think i will give Pathfinder vol.1 a try.
    Thanks.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

If you are on Comixology, there is a ton of fantasy there. Right now, there is a Sale on a Delecourt title, Marie of the Dragons. I don't know if that is like WOW. The Delecourt fantasy I have read was High Fantasy with involved worlds and political intrigue and warfare involving elves. It is pretty good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    If you are on Comixology, there is a ton of fantasy there. Right now, there is a Sale on a Delecourt title, Marie of the Dragons. I don't know if that is like WOW. The Delecourt fantasy I have read was High Fantasy with involved worlds and political intrigue and warfare involving elves. It is pretty good.
    Thanks for this. I'm totally unfamiliar with this title and I'm not on Comixology but if there is a print run available in the states let me know. Thanks to the OP for this thread by the way.
    Last edited by alton; 10-04-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Seven to Eternity by Rick Remender dropped today from Image and it's supposed to be huge.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Seven to Eternity by Rick Remender dropped today from Image and it's supposed to be huge.
    Yea but I think I saw that there are modern weapons in the book.
    Thats not the kind of fantasy I like.

Quote Originally Posted by hoth rebel View Post
    Yea but I think I saw that there are modern weapons in the book.
    Thats not the kind of fantasy I like.
    I mean... I guess?

http://www.cbr.com/seven-to-eternity-1/

Birthright is good, also! It bounces back and forth between modern times and flashbacks of a fantasy world.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

BANNED

Great Thread ! i was just wondering the same i wish there was more recommendations though... i think there's a lack of good fantasy comics, we need more !

I think i will check out Skullkicker, Pathfinder and D&D books. I already got Rat Queens but i couldn't get to it yet and i got some Drizzt books but i had enough of Drizzt, i just bought them cause of nostalgia, they were the first trilogy's books.

I saw a Ravenloft book called 'Shadows of The Vampire' on pre order and lost it, i love Ravenloft. But it was a TPB... i only get HC so i will wait and hope for a HC version.
    Last edited by Batarang; 09-28-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Dark horse has released several Conan series; the latest was Wolves at the border which deals with an older Conan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Dark horse has released several Conan series; the latest was Wolves at the border which deals with an older Conan.
    Yeah, Conan... how can we forget about him i have all the Conan stories as a novel in english and some separate Conan stories in turkish as novels. They published one of those Dark Horse Conan comics series in here as single issues some time ago and i got almot all of them. There are still some black and white Conan stories which are published around here as trades too but i don't follow them... there were already so many of them when i realised about their existence, there were like 30 trades or something, i don't know... that's kind of alot to buy, i still can't decide about it.
    Last edited by Batarang; 09-29-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Maybe Autumnlands or possibly Birthright? I also love ODY-C but that's definitely more of a sci-fi thing.

If you can stand some super vague storytelling, From Under Mountains is a personal favourite - but it's not very accessible.

EDIT: you could also look into some of the Magnetic Press stuff, like Luminae or especially Brigada which releases soon. Feel like that might be pretty close to Warcraft?
    I agree with Autumnlands, great tale.
    If you use Comixology, there's also Xeno Trip. Very interesting mix of fantasy and real world.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Thanks for this. I'm totally unfamiliar with this title and I'm not on Comixology but if there is a print run available in he states let me know. Thanks to the OP for this thread by the way.
    Even if you don't use Comixology, it can still be a good resource for finding comics of a specific genre to buy in print.
    List of genres.

Click on Fantasy, then browse the titles given.
    Most, if not all, should have a cover and three sample pages for each issue.

And keep in mind that Fantasy, itself, is a rather broad classification.
    Both Sandman and Conan are technically Fantasy.
    This is where the sample pages come in handy to determine if it's the type of fantasy you're looking for.

Then, once you find something, you can go to your local comic shop and ask if they have it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Great Thread ! i was just wondering the same i wish there was more recommendations though... i think there's a lack of good fantasy comics, we need more !

I think i will check out Skullkicker, Pathfinder and D&D books. I already got Rat Queens but i couldn't get to it yet and i got some Drizzt books but i had enough of Drizzt, i just bought them cause of nostalgia, they were the first trilogy's books.

I saw a Ravenloft book called 'Shadows of The Vampire' on pre order and lost it, i love Ravenloft. But it was a TPB... i only get HC so i will wait and hope for a HC version.
    It's probably because the regular comic only carried the 'Shadows of the Vampire' as a sub-title on the cover.
    The actual title they went with is Dungeons and Dragons (2016).

Here's digital and print.

It hasn't completed yet (Comixology has issue #5 listed to come out tomorrow), but Amazon has it listed to be released in paperback, as 'Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of the Vampire', on November 29th here.

Looking at Mycomicshop, IDW's mostly released D&D books as hardcovers a month or two after the end of a storyline, with the paperback being released a year later.
    With this one looking to be listed as a paperback on Amazon, it's likely that there aren't any plans for a hardcover.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-04-2016 at 12:03 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It's probably because the regular comic only carried the 'Shadows of the Vampire' as a sub-title on the cover.
    The actual title they went with is Dungeons and Dragons (2016).

Here's digital and print.

It hasn't completed yet (Comixology has issue #5 listed to come out tomorrow), but Amazon has it listed to be released in paperback, as 'Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of the Vampire', on November 29th here.

Looking at Mycomicshop, IDW's mostly released D&D books as hardcovers a month or two after the end of a storyline, with the paperback being released a year later.
    With this one looking to be listed as a paperback on Amazon, it's likely that there aren't any plans for a hardcover.
    No HC love for Ravenloft... :/ dang it... i will still wait abit though, if there is really no plan for a HC then i guess, i will get the tpb :/

Holy moly... is that Strahd on the 5th issue's cover ? i love Strahd.

edit---

Yes, he is... now, i really need this stuff
    Last edited by Batarang; 10-04-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Amazing Member

hey @batarang I am curious as to why you only buy hc editions?
    I know a lot of people only do the hc thing but I really dont see why.
    thanks.