Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Stephen King's Under the Dome - Season 2

Wow , just the first episode alone in the 2nd season and it's already a shocker. Good to see Stephen King making a cameo.

BANNED

My tv messed up for a second at the end, and when it came back on there was blood everywhere. Although the preview at the end showed what happened somewhat...was a bit disappoint something didn't come out of the locker.

Im done. Bad acting, horrible adaptation and shocker was the only reason I was watching this show.

Default Under the Dome, Season 2 (spoilers)

Anybody turn into the season premiere. Or did you all just give up?
    Well they killed Linda the dumbest deputy since Barnie Fife. (She's doing another show withe Ryan Goslyn)
    And then Joe's sister Angie.
    Big Jim's had a personal epifany and we get 3 new characters including Jr.'s Mom, who isn't really dead.
    Maybe this year will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Anybody turn into the season premiere. Or did you all just give up?
    Well they killed Linda the dumbest deputy since Barnie Fife. (She's doing another show withe Ryan Goslyn)
    And then Joe's sister Angie.
    Big Jim's had a personal epifany and we get 3 new characters including Jr.'s Mom, who isn't really dead.
    Maybe this year will be different.
    4 new characters. The high school science teacher, the girl who kills angie, junior's uncle and juniors mom.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    4 new characters. The high school science teacher, the girl who kills angie, junior's uncle and juniors mom.
    You're right, 4.

I didn't really care that Linda died. The actress for her was awful in my opinion.

Barbie is still as bland as ever. Though the actor was the only reason I started watching the show. Mike Vogel looks good in everything.

I'm shocked that they killed off Angie so suddenly (and stupidly). She's one of the few characters I actually like and her actress is one of the few (besides Dean Norris) doing some actual acting.

Junior is as creepy as ever.

Big Jim is still a prick, but at least he's entertaining.

Joe and Nori (?) are cute but do nothing for me.

Julia is almost as bland as Barbie, but at least she's pretty.

The new teacher character seems like she could be a minor blip on the interesting radar. I look forward to that.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the next episode, but I figured this will probably be the last season, so I might as well finish it out.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Currently MagSeven

I'm about to give up on this. I just watch it now (DVR it, actually) just to kill an hour. I liked the initial concept, but there's far too many unbelievable moments of characterization for me to take this show seriously and it's not "True Blood Bad" so I can't really have fun making fun of it. It's like the entire town is maniacally bipolar just to serve a loose plot that I'm certain they're making up as it goes along. I think I have two more episodes in me unless it gets better, which at this point it sort of has to....

I was sorry to see Linda go, primarily because I wanted her to have a moment when she actually realised what a complete numbnuts she'd been for most of the first season. And sadly, the dumb didn't die with her. Instead it was split into two, as we now have book-smart-but-still-can't-see-the-murderer-in-front-of-her-face Rebecca and the new Sheriff, who's appointment was presumably because he met the same credentials of gullibility and absence of any common sense that Linda displayed so well.

I think the whole 'two weeks ago' opening hasn't helped either. Sure, we knew the time frame for the events in the dome was relatively short, but the idea that everything that happened in season 1 only took a fortnight kinda makes it hard to buy into some of the relationships on the show - Julia and Barby particularly. Their pillow-talk in this week's episode sounded more like that of a couple who've been together for at least a few months, not a few days.

And Jim's liberty is a puzzle too. Yeah, Julia is under the impression the Dome wants the killing to stop. But where did she get the idea it wanted a cold-blooded murderer to be allowed to walk free and continue to manipulate the most easy manipulatable townsfolk in the history of TV ever? Even if they 'shrugged off' the murders of Max, her heavy, her Mum, the priest and truck-bloke because they were varying degrees of 'bad guys', there's still Dodi to consider.

I'll stick with it for now, but it's pushing credibility to the limit. Ironically, not because any of the weird aliens, domes, butterflies, magnets or any science-fictiony stuff. But in the increasingly ridiculous behaviour of pretty much all the characters on the show.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 07-08-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Ill admit I'm just hate watching now.

BANNED

Thought you were done ?

I'm fine with the series , liking the mystery and since i never read the book , i do not have to compare. There's far more stupid people in other series than this one , i.e true blood , vampire diaries etc.

A friend watches it and I watch it with her. I also wanted to see if they brought back Angie. The plot is just rediculous now. The science teacher who is in love Jim is histericly bad and the two girls who are fighting over joe are rediculous.

The award for biggest idiot goes to...Julia. I know she wants to do the right thing, but will she be getting off of her high horse anytime soon?
    She goes "He was about to give in." after Rebecca (Science teacher) freed herself from the man that was holding a gun to her face. Was she supposed to just hope that he wouldn't shoot her in the face after Julia finished feeding him her BS?
    Then she's like "I thought I knew you so well" to Barbie. You've only known him for like two weeks. Get over it.

Junior is just painful to watch at this point, and the three stooges aren't doing so hot themselves either.

I look forward to seeing what else this show pulls out of their behind next week.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

I take it no one is watching this show anymore? Don't blame you.

They've kicked stupid up to eleven for the past 3 episodes. Between Junior angst-ing about Angie (though I kind of am too, she was the only character I actually liked), Nori and Joe breaking up because the idiot dead/alive girl wanted a kiss, Rebecca doing this annoying pouty face routine after each sentence, Barbie being hot, but having his mouth too full of Julia's dingleberries, Julia thinking the world of Barbie after she thought he was practically a monster, Big Jim thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, Nori and Joe proclaiming their "love" for each other, Caroline disappearing every other episode, and that DJ turned sheriff guy dying/not dying/being thrown in jail (I honestly don't care what happened to him), this show is a hot mess. But it's one I tune in for every week.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

Still flying

I heard BKV left the show, so I was skeptical going into season 2, but it just got worse and worse. As for this science teacher that knows everything at the exact right moment... and more "new" characters... nope... done.
    I am was curious about the dome but wont waste anymore time on this bad show which is a pity because it started quite strong in season 1.