Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Not really. It puts into perspective on why things like normal bullets would hurt her, limited TP, and recent rise of tk.
    But normal bullets *don't* hurt her. Just look at the first issue of Bunn's UXM for the most recent example of this. Her limited TP has always been there, and the TK is just Peter David making a judgment call and later writers either running with it (Wood) or ignoring/downplaying it (Bunn). None of this suggests that her superhuman physical attributes are psionic in origin, and it's not hard to find holes in the consistency.

I'm not saying you're wrong here, I'm just saying that I dislike the idea because it downplays M's uniqueness as a perfect being and just makes her another X-psychic with a ridiculous amount of abilities that have nothing to do with telepathy or telekinesis.

Bishop was the one a while back who came up with a theory.
    Oh? Care to elaborate? (I don't own most of Gen X, so I missed this.) Because I read that Bishop noted that M has a superior/excellent rating in all physical categories, which supports M's physical attributes being physical.
    Last edited by WhySoFuriousGeorge; 09-07-2016 at 01:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    But normal bullets *don't* hurt her. Just look at the first issue of Bunn's UXM for the most recent example of this. Her limited TP has always been there, and the TK is just Peter David making a judgment call and later writers either running with it (Wood) or ignoring/downplaying it (Bunn). None of this suggests that her superhuman physical attributes are psionic in origin, and it's not hard to find holes in the consistency.

I'm not saying you're wrong here, I'm just saying that I dislike the idea because it downplays M's uniqueness as a perfect being and just makes her another X-psychic with a ridiculous amount of abilities that have nothing to do with telepathy or telekinesis.

Oh? Care to elaborate? (I don't own most of Gen X, so I missed this.) Because I read that Bishop noted that M has a superior/excellent rating in all physical categories, which supports M's physical attributes being physical.

Bullets didn't hurt her due to her mental state. In todays issue they did cause her current mental state isn't the SAME, (this isn't a first time it's happen to her)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Bullets didn't hurt her due to her mental state. In todays issue they did cause her current mental state isn't the SAME, (this isn't a first time it's happen to her)
    There's no on-panel evidence to support your first statement (that her durability fluctuates based on her mental state). And in today's issue, she wasn't struck with bullets, but with an energy discharge of unknown type, which means you're making an apples-to-oranges comparison.

BANNED

M is superhumanly physically as close to perfection as possible (and also racially mixed, M's dad's dad is a white guy and her dad's mom is a brown gal, and since I'm a fan of Zoe Kravitz, I'd like to imagine that M's mom's mom is also a white gal and her mom's dad is a brown guy, so she'd be the perfect biracial balance just like ZK) and she also has both TP and TK (though I don't know if her flight depends on her TK or not). Nobody complains about the Kryptonians all being both superhumanly physically perfect AND having extra powers too, and nobody complained about Rogue being like that for the longest time (and by extension Carol Danvers, since Rogue got her superhuman physical stats from her), so why should we complain about M being like that?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

M is great but she isn't perfect. Her mastery of TK and TP just isn't as grand as her counter parts like Rachel and Psylocke. However she dies have things that they lack like her strength and endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabadan View Post
    About the preview:

- Psylocke being the voice of reason (Checked)
    - Past References about the Hell's Club (Checked)
    - Characters acting with coherence (Checked)
    - Black Tom Cassidy's Rule (Checked)

For these reasons and others, I must consider Cullen Bunn one of ten best writers of history of X-men.
    Bunn could one day headline the entire X-Line.