Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-POSITION: Bunn Reignites The Hellfire Club In Uncanny X-Men

From the front page:

Things are heating up for Magneto’s team of X-Men. Following the “Apocalypse Wars” arc, which redefined Archangel, the “Uncanny X-Men” team is about to run afoul of an all-new Hellfire Club — and surprise, Monet’s a member! And in the pages of “Civil War II: X-Men,” the band of heroes has experienced a roster shakeup as well as the return of Rachel Grey to the fold. Both of those series are being driven by writer Cullen Bunn, the mastermind that’s also behind the recently-relaunched “Deadpool and the Mercs for Money.” Between those three titles, there’s plenty to talk about this week.

Thank you for posting this! Since CBR no longer connects the main page through the forums, I probably would have skimmed right over this.

Love this article. I'm glad Cullen Bunn didn't cut Rachel out of Civil War II. I have a feeling this happens a lot in big event books. Writers want to use more characters than they have time and space for. I have a feeling Rachel has been removed from many stories that she could've otherwise contributed to. It's refreshing that Bunn made it a priority to get her involved in Civil War II. She really has shined so far. I hope she continues to do so. Same with Monet. She is slowly becoming a more compelling character with each passing issue. I hope that continues as the series unfolds. Bunn is one of the best X-men writers to come along in quite some time and at a time when the X-men are routinely screwed over, that's a precious thing to say the least.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Cullen, thanks for answering.
    Sad. Would love to see you as writer for Gambit solo. You respect continuity and know X history really well.

BANNED

Sounds like Elixir is getting a bit of a push with the annual. I'd thought it was strange Bunn would give him a massive buff only to immediately kill him (although TBH, he and Triage both probably ought to get a nerf, because they're storybreaking at their current power levels).

I like the fact that sebastian shaw is working with the uncanny avengers.
    Last edited by protege; 09-06-2016 at 12:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sounds like Elixir is getting a bit of a push with the annual. I'd thought it was strange Bunn would give him a massive buff only to immediately kill him (although TBH, he and Triage both probably ought to get a nerf, because they're storybreaking at their current power levels).
    I know this isnt saying much but Bunn might have a better knowledge than Lemire and Hopeless about the history of the x-men, just 12 issues in and he has used characters that havent appear since the 90s.

After reading some of his past work (Aquaman and Siniestro) I am sure he will continue to use Elixir, I just hope Elixir dont become a new Wither, you know edgy teen with OP powers.

Amazing Member

About the preview:

- Psylocke being the voice of reason (Checked)
    - Past References about the Hell's Club (Checked)
    - Characters acting with coherence (Checked)
    - Black Tom Cassidy's Rule (Checked)

For these reasons and others, I must consider Cullen Bunn one of ten best writers of history of X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabadan View Post
    About the preview:

- Psylocke being the voice of reason (Checked)
    - Past References about the Hell's Club (Checked)
    - Characters acting with coherence (Checked)
    - Black Tom Cassidy's Rule (Checked)

For these reasons and others, I must consider Cullen Bunn one of ten best writers of history of X-men.
    I hereby declare Cullen Bunn our lord and savior of the X-Books. May he have a great reign. :P
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

I'm wondering that if bunn sees monet's powers as I do as being all psionic? Mutant ver. Of gladiator.

Glad to see I understood the Warren drone story correctly.

At least Bunn's interviews always leave me with some hope for the future issues.

I may not always agree with what Bunn includes in the stories. Count me as another one who agrees that Cullen Bunn our lord and savior of the X-Books as well.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I'm wondering that if bunn sees monet's powers as I do as being all psionic? Mutant ver. Of gladiator.
    I hope that's not the case. The X-Men have a ridiculous amount of psychically-powered characters as it is. M does have TP and TK, sure, but I much prefer the idea that she has a plethora of both physical and mental powers. She's pretty unique in that regard, and dumbing it down to "it's all psionic" takes something away from her uniqueness.

Amazing Member

A question which I don't understand: Why Black Tom is the White Bishop instead Black Bishop? Besides of mis-concept of names (A guy with "Black" in your nom de guerre turned "White"), Briar Raleight is really an agent associated to Magneto, who is th White King, not Tom. He and Erik turned friends or something?

If this happened (althought I strongly doubt it), I want to see the reaction of Black Tom when he knows than Polaris was a major responsible for a current situation of "your" children, Theresa Cassidy AKA Siryn.
    Last edited by Crabadan; 09-07-2016 at 11:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I hope that's not the case. The X-Men have a ridiculous amount of psychically-powered characters as it is. M does have TP and TK, sure, but I much prefer the idea that she has a plethora of both physical and mental powers. She's pretty unique in that regard, and dumbing it down to "it's all psionic" takes something away from her uniqueness.
    Not really. It puts into perspective on why things like normal bullets would hurt her, limited TP, and recent rise of tk.

Bishop was the one a while back who came up with a theory.