Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Green Lanterns are paused until December??

just saw this on bc, curious if you all had as well. wondering what is the meaning of this?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/...r-to-december/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    just saw this on bc, curious if you all had as well. wondering what is the meaning of this?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/...r-to-december/
    None of the other issues are impacted yet so it could just by a typo or miscommunication. If the series is being put on hold retailers will need to be alerted soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    None of the other issues are impacted yet so it could just by a typo or miscommunication. If the series is being put on hold retailers will need to be alerted soon.
    I hope they've realized that six Earth Lanterns is AT LEAST two too many/ These characters and this comic should never have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I hope they've realized that six Earth Lanterns is AT LEAST two too many/ These characters and this comic should never have happened.
    really? i think both of the gl books are great. baz and jess are instant new favorites, i can't imagine dc is just going to pause them for another 3 months

Always Rakzo

... Not much of a big loss?

The title suffers from a by the numbers story, forced dynamic and bad, bad dialogue (Not as bad as in, God help, Green Arrow but still pretty bad).

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    really? i think both of the gl books are great. baz and jess are instant new favorites, i can't imagine dc is just going to pause them for another 3 months
    I'd advise not to tilt that particular windmill.

Aside from it merely being a mistake I can't really explain this though.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I just looked at my Comixolgy pull list and while Green Lanterns #6 is definitely not coming out on September 7 like it should be it does say Expected delivery is September 14th. Ordinarily if a book was going to be delayed for months it would say TBD instead. When I click on the actual issue is also says September 14. I think it was a typo.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Both characters and the title was growing on me in a god way. I hope it continues and quickly.
    Maybe editorial picked up something not good and decided the issue needed to be done over. (just a guess)
    if so, I hope D C moves ahead on schedule with issue 7 and release #6 when things are right.
    I would rather read a story out of order than wait three months for the next one.
    Either way, there is plenty of D C books to keep me busy.

I'm only half surprised. The first 5 issues have had SIX pencillers on it, Robson Rocha, Eduardo Pansica, Ed Benes, Tom Derenick, Neil Edwards and Jack Herbert.

I'm surprised if they actually hit pause until December. I'll be disappointed because i've enjoyed the first 5 issues.

People will say how this hurts the bottom line for DC's bi-monthly schedule but Green Lanterns is the ONLY book that has had these issues. David Finch has managed to work on the first 5 issues of Batman with no problems or drops in quality.

BANNED

If you've got four characters in a franchise, and you have no idea what to do with them, how will creating two more help? How was that going to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If you've got four characters in a franchise, and you have no idea what to do with them, how will creating two more help? How was that going to work?
    well there's lots of stories to tell and each one is pretty unique. actually i'd say the only thing not unique about any of the gl's is the facts that they all have super rings that let them fly in space and shoot lasers.

good to hear about the sept 14th schedule update, though. thanks for pointing that out! and i agree the art needs to stabilize. no book whatsoever should have a rotation of more than 2 artists in any 6 month period IMO

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

FYI it's confirmed this was a mistake, Diamond lists this issue delayed to next week.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Yea its a mistake. Issue 6 will be out next week and there shouldn't be any delays after that.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

If they're taking the power rings off Baz and Cruz, I salute them for recognizing their mistake and cutting their losses. If not, then why aren't they?

So far I'm liking the Green Lanterns storyline. Geoff Johns has an ability to make big changes to characters and make them work because he knows the characters so well.