Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    "allegedly"? There is nothing "alleged" about it. It's there. And it wasn't a mention; it was a flashback. Trunks, after seeing Gohan, had a flashback to the past during the fight with Gohan and Cell, and the scene in question involved Gohan catching both of Cells Destructo Discs.

Buu is nowhere near as durable as Cell. He is durable; enough so that he can take hits from an SSJ3 and not have to regen; but he is like rubber. He can be cut easily; he will just reform.

Cell was just overall durable, while having ridiculous regen himself.
    I was referring to the scene in the original anime (I do not know if this scene still exists in Kai) where Cell had just evolved into his Perfect form. Krillin tried to decapitate Cell with a Kienzan, but it literally shattered when it hit the back of his neck.

Buu is far stronger and more durable than Cell, who I am sure is not going to be tanking hits from an SSJ3.

Before Cell reached his Perfect Power Weighted form, two hits from an SSJ2 Gohan were enough to cause him serious internal damage. Then, in his Power Weighted form (in which he technically was stronger than SSJ2 Gohan) two more hits from Gohan damaged him even further, enough to force him to regurgitate #18.

Not to mention that SSJ2 Gohan was still able to hold his own in a beam struggle with Super Perfect Cell, even with grievous injuries and over half of his Ki depleted.

So no, Cell is not tanking hits from an SSJ3 any time soon, if at all.
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 09-08-2016 at 11:10 PM.

Yeah, I'm also not sold that Cell has a higher durability than Buu.

I think what makes the difference is that Goku threw it, not Krillin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, I'm also not sold that Cell has a higher durability than Buu.

I think what makes the difference is that Goku threw it, not Krillin.
    I think that it would not have mattered if Goku or Krillin threw it, because Krillin was able to hurt Frieza with his Kienzan (by cutting off the tip of his tail) just fine, and he was FAR weaker than Frieza at that point. If you ask me, Goku was to Buu at that time, just like Krillin was to 2nd form Frieza.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Okay.

10char
    ALRIGHT!

Well, I would say the two of them have reasonably close speed. Krillin is faster, no doubt. He should arguably be much faster given power-scaling at least beyond the likes Saiyan Saga Vegeta. However, I would not peg him as so fast Thor would never be able to land using an AOE.

Now, I got to wonder how Hard Krillin is hitting. I forget exactly what Krillin's power level is, but if he's just a little above Saiyan Saga Vegeta, I don't think he can hit hard enough to kill Thor. Or could he?

I guess Kiezan is always an option, but did krillin ever show he could hold and zerg rush with it? If not, Mjnoir could potentially null it via just aoe.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    I think that it would not have mattered if Goku or Krillin threw it, because Krillin was able to hurt Frieza with his Kienzan (by cutting off the tip of his tail) just fine, and he was FAR weaker than Frieza at that point. If you ask me, Goku was to Buu at that time, just like Krillin was to 2nd form Frieza.
    Contradictory statement much?....

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Contradictory statement much?....
    Not really, Krillen's Kienzan's sthick is "cut through things more powerful than the dude throwing it", from what I recall. It's like a .. really stupid Deus Ex that almost never works anyway becuase the element of surprise is a requirement. Then Frieza used it because 'stupid monkey' and he owed Goku two pizzas and ... er, delivered it to the wrong house.

I honestly have no idea where I was going with that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

By durable, I was talking about in terms of sharp objects and the like, as well as solid durability. Again; he was rubber. He could absorb blows like nobodies business, but that isn't the same as outright tanking it like Frieza did with a punch from Nail.

Cell has overall durability. As in; he is tough. Buu is like an elastic band, or bubble gum with insane regen. He can take a lot more than Cell can before he would need to rely on his regen, but that is because he is "absorbing" the blows.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    By durable, I was talking about in terms of sharp objects and the like, as well as solid durability. Again; he was rubber. He could absorb blows like nobodies business, but that isn't the same as outright tanking it like Frieza did with a punch from Nail.

Cell has overall durability. As in; he is tough. Buu is like an elastic band, or bubble gum with insane regen. He can take a lot more than Cell can before he would need to rely on his regen, but that is because he is "absorbing" the blows.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.