Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default the Expendables vs Batman (gauntlet)

Round 1: Christian Bale Batman

Round 2: Ben Affleck Batman

Round 3: Michael Keaton Batman

Round 4: George Clooney Batman

Round 5: Adam West Batman

Who wins?

Mighty Member

given Bat-Fleck has a higher cinematic body count than all the other guys put together... he should probably be round 5.

so the Expendables are getting paid to murder Batman? apart from Bat-Fleck most of these guys get murdered... some sooner, some later. sure, they'll take out a few guys before they die.. but they die. Bat-Fleck is the only one with the gear and the feats to show that he can deal with them.

if you give Adam West his basically toon-force powers, Robin as a side-kick, and all of the rest of that he could be round 4.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    if you give Adam West his basically toon-force powers, Robin as a side-kick, and all of the rest of that he could be round 4.
    Bat Anti-Action-Hero Spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

BANNED

given Bat-Fleck has a higher cinematic body count than all the other guys put together... he should probably be round 5.

so the Expendables are getting paid to murder Batman? apart from Bat-Fleck most of these guys get murdered... some sooner, some later. sure, they'll take out a few guys before they die.. but they die. Bat-Fleck is the only one with the gear and the feats to show that he can deal with them.

Explain why you believe the other Batmen would die to the Expendables. Especially if both sides were to have prep?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Explain why you believe the other Batmen would die to the Expendables. Especially if both sides were to have prep?
    Adam West Batman has a couple of honest to for real aim dodging feats though I certainly wouldn't call it a regular thing but he only went up against guns three or so times.

With prep, many of these versions have some serious armor if they can bring their vehicles to the fight so they have a decent chance with prep. Haven't seen Batfleck. Without prep, I don't see most of them taking this. Even West-Man only really aim dodged single shots. He dove for cover against a submachine gun.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Adam West Batman has a couple of honest to for real aim dodging feats though I certainly wouldn't call it a regular thing but he only went up against guns three or so times.

With prep, many of these versions have some serious armor if they can bring their vehicles to the fight so they have a decent chance with prep. Haven't seen Batfleck. Without prep, I don't see most of them taking this. Even West-Man only really aim dodged single shots. He dove for cover against a submachine gun.
    So the Expendables steamroll most of the matches?

Mighty Member

the have the advantage of numbers
    (if we count all three films that's something like 13-20 people. and these aren't faceless mooks either)

most of them are at least as good as any version of Batman we have here in terms of hand-to-hand fighting.
    (some are significantly better in terms of demonstrated feats)

most of them have a competitive strength and damage soak.

they have superior firepower at their disposal.
    (yes, Batman has a few things that are technically superior... but the Expendables have more people with more guns to put on target at the same time. only Batfleck has shown that he has a suit that can deflect assault rifle bullets at point-blank range.

you didn't specify prep in the OP-- so I didn't assume Batman would have it. any version of Batman would need prep to have a serious shot at dealing with all of these guys... even if they didn't have prep. w/o prep I believe any version short of Batfleck would probably get killed after putting up a serious fight.

I love the character Batman... but this isn't something he can handle without some one-sided prep. and, typically, in his better stories that's exactly how he would deal with them. one-sided prep, isolate, then ambush them into defeat. if he doesn't use these tactics and tries to fight them all at the same time he dies. even with one-sided prep there's a good chance he could get killed in any sort of scenario that doesn't give him a character shield.

BANNED

the have the advantage of numbers
    (if we count all three films that's something like 13-20 people. and these aren't faceless mooks either)

most of them are at least as good as any version of Batman we have here in terms of hand-to-hand fighting.
    (some are significantly better in terms of demonstrated feats)

most of them have a competitive strength and damage soak.

they have superior firepower at their disposal.
    (yes, Batman has a few things that are technically superior... but the Expendables have more people with more guns to put on target at the same time. only Batfleck has shown that he has a suit that can deflect assault rifle bullets at point-blank range.

you didn't specify prep in the OP-- so I didn't assume Batman would have it. any version of Batman would need prep to have a serious shot at dealing with all of these guys... even if they didn't have prep. w/o prep I believe any version short of Batfleck would probably get killed after putting up a serious fight.

I love the character Batman... but this isn't something he can handle without some one-sided prep. and, typically, in his better stories that's exactly how he would deal with them. one-sided prep, isolate, then ambush them into defeat. if he doesn't use these tactics and tries to fight them all at the same time he dies. even with one-sided prep there's a good chance he could get killed in any sort of scenario that doesn't give him a character shield.
    I was referring to just the Expendables heroes, not the main villains (Munroe, Steven Austin, Jean Claude Van Damme, Scott Adkins, and Conrad Stonebanks).

But I was wondering if any of these Batmen were to take the place of the Expendables (or at least replace Barney Ross) against the Expendables villains, how would things go?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Haven't seen Batfleck.
    He was basically borderline superhuman, firing M-60's with one hand, kicking a guy so hard it ripped a grappling hook out of his leg and sent him flying, punching a guy hard enough that his head broke the floor, straight-up grievous harm with a body'd a guy halfway through a wall, with a grapple gun assist he threw a good sized crate (no idea what was in it) hard enough that when it hit a guy, his skull broke. No idea how much the 'knucks helped but he punched a bat symbol into solid concrete. The only Bat who comes close is Keaton, just because he held a grown man off the edge of a building easily enough that there was no strain in his voice when he talked.

Mighty Member

I was referring to just the Expendables heroes, not the main villains (Munroe, Steven Austin, Jean Claude Van Damme, Scott Adkins, and Conrad Stonebanks).

But I was wondering if any of these Batmen were to take the place of the Expendables (or at least replace Barney Ross) against the Expendables villains, how would things go?
    well... these were the characters I was thinking of when I wrote my reply...
    Barney Ross
    Lee Christmas
    Yin Yang
    Gunner Jensen
    Toll Road
    Hale Caesar
    Billy The Kid
    Galgo
    Doc
    John Smilee
    Luna
    Thorn
    Mars

granted, some of those guys were basically cannon fodder... (LOL, as soon as Billy said he had a girlfriend we all knew he was going to die... but at least Billy was a sniper)

even so, numbers still count for something when everybody's carrying a gun that can kill ONE guy with a single well-placed hit. if we start including some of the other supporting characters like Booker, Trench Mauser, Mr. Church, Maggie, and throwing the villains in on top of all that just makes it worse. Batman's great, and all, but you would need comics Batman to really make things happen here.

Keaton's armor was pretty good, and he WAS strong. but I don't think he can overcome all of these guys before getting winded and taken out.

Batman in the comics could take this every single time... but he'd still need to take his time if the Expendables aren't being drowned with PIS.

BANNED

Barney Ross
    Lee Christmas
    Yin Yang
    Gunner Jensen
    Toll Road
    Hale Caesar
    Billy The Kid
    Galgo
    Doc
    John Smilee
    Luna
    Thorn
    Mars

granted, some of those guys were basically cannon fodder... (LOL, as soon as Billy said he had a girlfriend we all knew he was going to die... but at least Billy was a sniper)

even so, numbers still count for something when everybody's carrying a gun that can kill ONE guy with a single well-placed hit. if we start including some of the other supporting characters like Booker, Trench Mauser, Mr. Church, Maggie, and throwing the villains in on top of all that just makes it worse. Batman's great, and all, but you would need comics Batman to really make things happen here.

Keaton's armor was pretty good, and he WAS strong. but I don't think he can overcome all of these guys before getting winded and taken out.

Batman in the comics could take this every single time... but he'd still need to take his time if the Expendables aren't being drowned with PIS.
    Okay what about animated Batman then?

Barney Ross
    Lee Christmas
    Yin Yang
    Gunner Jensen
    Toll Road
    Hale Caesar
    Billy The Kid
    Galgo
    Doc
    John Smilee
    Luna
    Thorn
    Mars

Unless the guys are superhuman comic Bats should be blitzing them with CBPH speed and gadgets that disable their ability to fight back, crippling them with single blows and just generally wrecking their shit. Comic book characters on average are going to absolutely destroy most live-action characters, with exceptions of course, Macguire Spider-man could at least put up a good fight against comic Spidey, for example, maybe even win.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Okay what about animated Batman then?
    No one is more powerful than Bruce Timm's fanfiction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    No one is more powerful than Bruce Timm's fanfiction.
    what exactly does that mean?

Animated Batman wrecks the Expendibles.

Just about every live action version I'm familiar with (never saw the Clooney or Kilmer films) win as well.