Default Adam Jensen (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided) vs Corvo (Dishonored)

Each has full upgrades.

Who wins?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Been a while since I played Deus Ex, Jensen have anything to counter a time stop?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, time stop might be a bit too much here.

Possession as well, I don't think Jensen has any real way to counter either of those

Jensen has augmentations that boost his reflexes. In gameplay you have to activate them situationally, but in the tie in comics to Human Revolution Jensen has at least one ridiculous bullet timing feat, which is somewhat supported by him activating the TITAN Shield while pellets fly at him in the MD cinematic trailer.

Just on that basis, I think you can make a strong argument for Adam. If he throws up the shield as Corvo activates timestop, it should go up fast enough to shield him. I haven't used it in MD yet, but apparently it shrugs off grenades and the like. I doubt that Corvo can get through it.

And once timestop wears off Adam can shoot Corvo if he stays at a distance or blow him to kingdom come with the Typhoon up close.

So yeah, in my view, timestop would be a bigger issue if Adam didn't arguably have superior reflexes (perhaps vastly so if we count the bullet timing feats). And besides the reflexes debate, even if Adam just stood and let Corvo slash at him, he's got carbon nanotube reinforced dermal armor, plus health regeneration. I'm skeptical of Corvo killing Adam with a mere steel sword and no real super strength behind it.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Time-stop/Posession > whatever speed Jensen has.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Question: Are we ignoring the limitations of Corvo's powers or not? He has certain limitations in gameplay that would call such an easy victory into question (having to gesture for a second or so to activate his powers, timestop only lasting a few seconds from his perspective, running out of mana after a couple of spells, dying if his possessed target is killed....)

Are we saying Corvo doesn't need to gesture, that he can activate abilities by mere thought? And if so, why?
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Except if Adam is indeed faster, then he can just put a bullet in Corvos head before he could stop time or do w/e else. Provided he starts with a gun.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Except if Adam is indeed faster, then he can just put a bullet in Corvos head before he could stop time or do w/e else. Provided he starts with a gun.
    Which is a fair point, can't remember if people with guns start with guns out either. Still, Corvo's able to mess with bullets that are already in the air once Bend Time is activated so if Corvo is fast enough to get time stop off, not much Jensen can do.

What we call ourselves a quickdraw, or as us Overwatch call it ... HIGH NOON.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan