Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    I doubt OP knows it was Magneto that did this, probably thinks it was Madrox hahaha
    Or that Magneto sunk that Soviet submarine that time, altough I'm sure the government ended up thanking him.
    Man, Magneto is so awesome despite acting like a nazi 50 % of the time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Or that Magneto sunk that Soviet submarine that time, altough I'm sure the government ended up thanking him.
    Man, Magneto is so awesome despite acting like a nazi 50 % of the time
    Lets not forget how Magneto robbed Baron Wolfgang von Strucker for his ill gotten gains --

Last edited by ZNOP; 09-07-2016 at 04:00 PM.

BANNED

-- only to used said "ill gotten gains" to fund his own terrorist activities...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-07-2016 at 04:00 PM.

so what? Tony Stark profited from the first Civil War. how is that any less sleazy?

BANNED

What Civil War are you talking about? I ask because last I checked the American Civil War started in 1861 and ended in 1865 -- Tony Stark wouldn't be born until well into the next century...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-07-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    If they were portrayed as villains, then their crimes would be out in the open instead of being retconned, ignored and made inconsequential. All responsibility has been dodged not only by the villains but by the creative teams and heroes themselves. It's an outright effort to conceal their past actions.
    Xorneto IS CANON, this is something very old that has been discussed so boredom.

Victor von Doom threw a child to hell, Franklin Richards, and sacrificed his ex-girlfriend to the demons by more magic burning her alive .. and all this is still canon

and Doom is now a very handsome good guy, and future partner of Tony Stark. I suggest a similar thread in the thread of Marvel comics to be fair.

Mutants are always treated more harshly, including villains reformed.,
    Last edited by bubibartra; 09-07-2016 at 05:20 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    Xorneto IS CANON, this is something very old that has been discussed so boredom.
    I think whether Xorneto is canon right now is a little more iffy now than it was say, a year and a half ago. During Bendis' run it was pretty clear in canon, but now that Bunn is using one of the Xorn's, it's a question of what he's doing with that particular bit of continuity.

I'd like a definitive once and for all answer, because from the end of Gillen's run to the end of Bendis', Xorneto was canon. But now it might not be and I'm tired of all the back and forth.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

-- only to used said "ill gotten gains" to fund his own terrorist activities...
    What is anyone gonna do about it? NOTHING. You're gonna challenge a man with god-like power over some money? LOL. And they let Phoenix enabled Cyclops kill Xavier and had Jean kill billions...get real.

BANNED

Lets not forget Gambit having the Marauders enter the tunnels to set up children to get murdered. Then was afraid and such a coward that he refused to tell Rogue about even after she begged him in X-Men #45. That's a real hero? LOL.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    What is anyone gonna do about it? NOTHING. You're gonna challenge a man with god-like power over some money? LOL. And they let Phoenix enabled Cyclops kill Xavier and had Jean kill billions...get real.
    "God-like power..." uhm, wasn't Erik losing his power at the end of his solo? I bet he's not even working on his own power right now, but Lorna's or something.

Also, there's a difference between doing something on your own and doing something after being under the influence of something. With Jean, it's even more different because it wasn't really her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Wow, impressive effort in this troll attempt. *slow clap*

BANNED

Well, if your gonna bring Jean Grey into this please tell us who destroyed the Z'Nox star -- Jean Grey or the Phoenix Force?

Ultimate Member

Lets not forget Gambit having the Marauders enter the tunnels to set up children to get murdered. Then was afraid and such a coward that he refused to tell Rogue about even after she begged him in X-Men #45. That's a real hero? LOL.
    You do remember that was a retcon for one, in addition when Gambit lead them into the tunnels he didn't know what they intended to do so he didn't know that anybody was going to get murdered or even harmed, as soon as he knew he tried to stop them and nearly died trying to stop them, so it was a stupid decision of Gambit's but he wasn't complicit in the attack like you're stating...

As for the thinking that it was Madrox, not the one where Xavier lead the team up to the space station to stop him, they all knew full well that it had been Magneto that had done it and not Madrox...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    You do remember that was a retcon for one, in addition when Gambit lead them into the tunnels he didn't know what they intended to do so he didn't know...
    sure you don't want to walk that one back? how smart does a person have to be know that Scalphunter and Sabretooth don't have good intentions? Blockbuster was a neo-Nazi. Gambit doesn't get to pull the "I didn't know they were going to do something bad" card. heck, didn't Sabretooth kill someone Gambit was intimate with; prior to the Morlock Massacre?

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I think whether Xorneto is canon right now is a little more iffy now than it was say, a year and a half ago. During Bendis' run it was pretty clear in canon, but now that Bunn is using one of the Xorn's, it's a question of what he's doing with that particular bit of continuity.

I'd like a definitive once and for all answer, because from the end of Gillen's run to the end of Bendis', Xorneto was canon. But now it might not be and I'm tired of all the back and forth.
    the fact that a Xorn exists supports the contention that it was Xorn's brother who impersonated Magneto.