Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wanda didn't force Doom to do anything. It's canon. Tweet Heinberg about it..he can tell you that.

Grant Morrison was a Magneto hating fanboy given the pen and Marvel said "Nah..we are not gonna let you bastardize and kill one of our top two villains and biggest villain money maker." So that stupid crap went right out the window..just like Wanda being responsible for M Day. Don't like it? Stop reading. All this whining and crying years later and trying to call Magneto a "child killer" because some clone punked out a Emma wannabe. LOL. Pure comedy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The writer intended it to be Magneto. The writer indended for Xorn to be nothing but a fake identity. At the time, Magneto killed her. Then he didn't, then he apparently maybe did again, and now it seems he didn't again.

But original authorial intent is what counts for me, not later alterations to the story.
    Well the original writer was not good at his job and everything he intended has fell off and doesn't matter anymore except the Jean death. But then again...they keep running back to that Phoenix well and have created this teen Jean Grey who acts like 1995 Nate Grey. So they even found a way out of that. Thank goodness the Emma Frost push is dead...thank goodness they aren't kissing Cyclops' ass all over again. Thank goodness they don't have Storm out of the way to push Beak and that new Angel nonsense. and thank goodness Xorn was not Magneto..because Magneto is too brilliant and has outsmarted the X-Men too much to want to "turn the world upside down" as his biggest plot advancement.

The writer intended it to be Magneto. The writer indended for Xorn to be nothing but a fake identity. At the time, Magneto killed her. Then he didn't, then he apparently maybe did again, and now it seems he didn't again.

But original authorial intent is what counts for me, not later alterations to the story.
    Does your love of Transmetropolitan not counter that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I'm gonna say it again, Magneto is a villain. He kills people when he feels like it, that's just part of his character. Or do you want Magneto riding unicorns and kissing babies?
    same thing can be said of Emma Frost and Cyclops yet you got a hilarious thread villifiying Marvel editoral over the Cyclops' off panel death and the Inhumans push. Yet Magneto..the one who Cyclops copied and tried to be like is supposed to be Red Skull? LOL. Magneto of course kills..why wouldn't he? They try to kill him and they are mostly racists and bigots who kill children just for being born.

BANNED

So then why are you giving Wanda a pass for her actions? You really do not understand canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    So then why are you giving Wanda a pass for her actions? You really do not understand canon.
    I like Wanda as a superhero.

I like Magneto as a supervillain who does villainous things like, ehm, reluctantly kill in self-defense, in this case.

And I understand canon perfectly, I just couldn't care less about it.
    I own and love New X-Men. I do not own any of the stuff that retcons it. Therefore, the Xorn brothers don't exist in my experience of the X-Men.

And of course, the main point here: Wanda genociding the entire Mutant race makes her unusable as a superheroic character, while Magneto killing Esme does not make him unsuitable as a villain, or even as a more morally light-grey mostly-heroic character.

BANNED

Marvel's current Golden Boy, Brian Michael Bendis, officially RESTORED the Magneto = Xorn revelation as canon during the Matthew Malloy storyline, and NOTHING on-page from Marvel thus far has contradicted this restoration.

Based on my reading of everything Bendis wrote regarding Magneto in Marvel-616, I have come to the conclusion that what BMB intends is that Xorneto was a fusion of a dormant & sleeping Xorn + unaware & unknowing Magneto (ala Darwin + Vulcan) because Magneto needed another extra power source again (ala Fabian Cortez) after surviving the Genoshan Massacre, and Xorn needed a physical body after turning into pure energy (a star for a brain, after all), and that Magneto went crazy after taking Kick (Sublime's aerosol form) which caused Xorn to wake up and confront him in his own mind, and that after Wolverine beheaded Magneto, Wanda resurrected him (ala Pietro) and had him relocated to Genosha as was suggested by Dr. Strange.

I think that even Chris Claremont may have even been in on it, as the coffin supposedly containing the corpse of Xorn which Charles brought to Genosha was never shown to actually contain an actual corpse, but was shown instead to contain an entire collection of heavy-duty high-grade firearms and ammunition. And Magneto mysteriously developed the new limitation of having migraines whenever he exerted his powers beyond a certain shockingly low threshold. And Magneto was so friendly to Charles, too friendly, as if the entire decade of the 1990's (and all the Xmen vs Magneto stuff written by Lobdell, Nicieza, Kelly, Seagle, etc.) never happened at all. And Magneto later rescued Wanda from the Avengers using the creation of a wormhole that previously only Xorn was shown as having been able to create, and he rescued her using the VERY SAME EXACT COSTUME he wore in Planet X.

Read the following stories in order then it will all make sense: Avengers Disassembled (Avengers Vol. 2), Xmen: Deadly Genesis mini-series (By Ed Brubaker), Planet X (New Xmen), Here Comes Tomorrow (New Xmen), Excalibur (the Genoshan volume), House of M mini-series, The Collective (New Avengers), Matthew Malloy (All-New Xmen).

This is the only theory regarding Xorn and Magneto that makes perfect rational and logical sense because it relies wholly and purely on what was actually shown on-page from Marvel over the last 15 years from 2001 onwards.
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 09-11-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    same thing can be said of Emma Frost and Cyclops yet you got a hilarious thread villifiying Marvel editoral over the Cyclops' off panel death and the Inhumans push. Yet Magneto..the one who Cyclops copied and tried to be like is supposed to be Red Skull? LOL. Magneto of course kills..why wouldn't he? They try to kill him and they are mostly racists and bigots who kill children just for being born.
    Not everyone Magneto has killed is a murderer and Cyclops didn't copy Magneto nearly as much as some are saying. He never tried to commit genocide. Not in his right mind any way.

Because she's a great character that shouldn't be permanently ruined because one guy didn't know how to write her.
    True. Yet if the writers would actually show her being put on trail and jailed like Cyclops. It would be easier to take as fan. Instead it's like "popular character both in and out of comics let's give her a free pass for her actions because of that" imo. Cyclops was ripped a new one. The Scarlet Witch was welcomed back with open arms into the Avengers.
    Last edited by sureshot; 09-11-2016 at 03:57 PM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

I like Wanda as a superhero.

I like Magneto as a supervillain who does villainous things like, ehm, reluctantly kill in self-defense, in this case.

And I understand canon perfectly, I just couldn't care less about it.
    I own and love New X-Men. I do not own any of the stuff that retcons it. Therefore, the Xorn brothers don't exist in my experience of the X-Men.

And of course, the main point here: Wanda genociding the entire Mutant race makes her unusable as a superheroic character, while Magneto killing Esme does not make him unsuitable as a villain, or even as a more morally light-grey mostly-heroic character.
    Don't you mean in your headcanon? XD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not everyone Magneto has killed is a murderer and Cyclops didn't copy Magneto nearly as much as some are saying. He never tried to commit genocide. Not in his right mind any way.
    Cyclops did what Magneto could never do...he killed Xavier. Blows away Sinister, Onslaught, and Apocalypse. The X men founder? Still dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    Marvel's current Golden Boy, Brian Michael Bendis, officially RESTORED the Magneto = Xorn revelation as canon during the Matthew Malloy storyline, and NOTHING on-page from Marvel thus far has contradicted this restoration.

Based on my reading of everything Bendis wrote regarding Magneto in Marvel-616, I have come to the conclusion that what BMB intends is that Xorneto was a fusion of a dormant & sleeping Xorn + unaware & unknowing Magneto (ala Darwin + Vulcan) because Magneto needed another extra power source again (ala Fabian Cortez) after surviving the Genoshan Massacre, and Xorn needed a physical body after turning into pure energy (a star for a brain, after all), and that Magneto went crazy after taking Kick (Sublime's aerosol form) which caused Xorn to wake up and confront him in his own mind, and that after Wolverine beheaded Magneto, Wanda resurrected him (ala Pietro) and had him relocated to Genosha as was suggested by Dr. Strange.

I think that even Chris Claremont may have even been in on it, as the coffin supposedly containing the corpse of Xorn which Charles brought to Genosha was never shown to actually contain an actual corpse, but was shown instead to contain an entire collection of heavy-duty high-grade firearms and ammunition. And Magneto mysteriously developed the new limitation of having migraines whenever he exerted his powers beyond a certain shockingly low threshold. And Magneto was so friendly to Charles, too friendly, as if the entire decade of the 1990's (and all the Xmen vs Magneto stuff written by Lobdell, Nicieza, Kelly, Seagle, etc.) never happened at all. And Magneto later rescued Wanda from the Avengers using the creation of a wormhole that previously only Xorn was shown as having been able to create, and he rescued her using the VERY SAME EXACT COSTUME he wore in Planet X.

Read the following stories in order then it will all make sense: Avengers Disassembled (Avengers Vol. 2), Xmen: Deadly Genesis mini-series (By Ed Brubaker), Planet X (New Xmen), Here Comes Tomorrow (New Xmen), Excalibur (the Genoshan volume), House of M mini-series, The Collective (New Avengers), Matthew Malloy (All-New Xmen).

This is the only theory regarding Xorn and Magneto that makes perfect rational and logical sense because it relies wholly and purely on what was actually shown on-page from Marvel over the last 15 years from 2001 onwards.
    Bunn, who is charge of Magneto's direction, doesnt acknowledge any crap from Bendis. Only Claremont and the 90s writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Don't you mean in your headcanon? XD
    Is there a difference?

BANNED

Is there a difference?
    This thread clearly shows the difference. Those who believe in fan fiction and want to discuss that compared to those who want to discuss X-Men.

BANNED

Which leads to one of the most baffling questions to date... Who's head did Wolverine cut off?