Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The ninjas are in trouble!

Marvel Universe ninjas are always in trouble. Whether from Daredevil, Wolverine, Elektra, etc., they seem to get owned pretty easily.

This was a GREAT issue and fun to read. one of the panels in particular was just ... perfect.

Can you embed an image in spoilers?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, this book really is a masterpiece. Will make a fantastic oversized HC at some point. I've enjoyed the story, though many issues felt too short. But the art more than makes up for that and, once collected, I bet it will read even better.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Pretty good book. spoilers:
    Loved seeing the future aohei having the costumes and mask of sunfire silver samurai and Ogun. I guess his i havent popped my claws since had one exception. Hope its the only one lol. Deathstrike still looks great. So they knew hed show up..sigh. prophecies are cool but leave questions. Like when did they get it. But all in all a good issue. Art as always really works. Lady D was drawn well as is logan. Loved the Helix shaped view of Old Mans past
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 09-15-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Another great issue. I think it's safe to say at this point that the quality of this series isn't a fluke. It really is this good.

I love how the story goes from the present to the past, exploring other aspects of Old Man Logan's world. We see more about his life with Marueen, his struggles to escape his crimes, and his efforts to avoid those same crimes. Based on what the Silent Order hinted, those efforts might not be enough. I get the sense that this may be the ultimate endgame for Old Man Logan down the line. He's going to be in a situation where he'll lose control and be inclined to kill his friends again. This is what keeps haunting him and chances are, he'll have to face it at some point. This series just keeps finding ways to make that journey more and more engaging.

Between this and All-New Wolverine, I really can't remember the last time the Wolverine comics were this good. Things may be rough for the rest of the X-men, but this is the best the Wolverine comics have been in a long time. I did a full review for this issue and it was a fun issue to review. If it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

My Review of Old Man Logan #11
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Another great issue. I think it's safe to say at this point that the quality of this series isn't a fluke. It really is this good.

My Review of Old Man Logan #11
    great review. And i agree that this issue has also a value to give a meaning to the Silent Order not being only some random enemies that imprisoned Logan for no reason. If you think at it, they're doing the same like what Logan tried to do in the first arc: kill the men who will ruin his future, with the only difference that Logan is the cause this time.

The timeline point when OML really first popped his claws is very frustrating.

Kissing Ro instead of Jean as a highlight point of that history collage is debatable.

How many years in future was the time Logan was plucked away 'cuz that glasses guy ages nicely.

The art and significant death help this ish rise above average.

First of all, that bad ninja guy did not share-see THIS (relative-timed) Logan in that future so this plan to kill him should obviously not work but secondly Because this story element of this PREvenge is interrupting logic that must be processed in order to appreciate the predicament better. Even if he kills OML, won't all this still happen anyways [once Young Logan is miraculously reborn of course]?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    This was a GREAT issue and fun to read. one of the panels in particular was just ... perfect.

Can you embed an image in spoilers?
    Agreed that was Art in the classic sense. Simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    The timeline point when OML really first popped his claws is very frustrating.

Kissing Ro instead of Jean as a highlight point of that history collage is debatable.

How many years in future was the time Logan was plucked away 'cuz that glasses guy ages nicely.

The art and significant death help this ish rise above average.

First of all, that bad ninja guy did not share-see THIS (relative-timed) Logan in that future so this plan to kill him should obviously not work but secondly Because this story element of this PREvenge is interrupting logic that must be processed in order to appreciate the predicament better. Even if he kills OML, won't all this still happen anyways [once Young Logan is miraculously reborn of course]?
    I thought the same until I noticed Jean's profile to the right her red hair wrapping around all. Also I think they shied away from showing Jean and Logan passionately kissing is because he is currently mentoring an underage to extremely young Jean right now in the writers other title and he wanted to avoid the creepiness that might imply.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 09-17-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I liked the story and it did not seem short as in previous issue. A new enemy can be quite an interesting person, although I did not quite understand his abilities - telepathic and telekinetic?
    I also really liked the retrospective page of old Logan life.

Wow, Daken!!
    Unfortunately, I haven't read the current arc, but for my eyes, a woman under a tree looks like Itsu, the mother of Daken. Probably Mariko is in another panel?
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I question what the point had been in them sidelining Daken for the majority of the series. I mean why bring in a character only to have them badly injured with the opening issues and unable to do much as a result? And as you mentioned the annoying PIS from the group just so Mystique could flawlessly play them all. While it had some good action sequences, that doesn't really forgive the story telling and I gotta place it as a lower-tier Wolverine book.
    I guess that Daken was not even a candidate, both for writers' story plot and for Marvel's future projects.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Daken has got no Skottie Young cover, no appearance on ANAD, no strong bonding with any Marvel characters (including Gaijin father/probably except for Laura) nor creators after Way and Liu sent their boy off, NO NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post

Daken has got no Skottie Young cover, no appearance on ANAD, no strong bonding with any Marvel characters (including Gaijin father/probably except for Laura) nor creators after Way and Liu sent their boy off, NO NOTHING.
    Yes, I think it's unfair that Daken is not on the Young covers. addition I would like to see his in Old Man Logan solo, I think it would be interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Yes, I think it's unfair that Daken is not on the Young covers. addition I would like to see his in Old Man Logan solo, I think it would be interesting.
    Daken definitely needs to turn up, as it would be interesting to see his reaction in light of how he changed his opinion of Logan after their last encounter and Logan's death. IE could they have a "second chance" as father and son. My main concern would be that he goes right back to antagonizing him without explanation, the way Lemire has already done with Deathstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Daken definitely needs to turn up, as it would be interesting to see his reaction in light of how he changed his opinion of Logan after their last encounter and Logan's death. IE could they have a "second chance" as father and son. My main concern would be that he goes right back to antagonizing him without explanation, the way Lemire has already done with Deathstrike.
    Question is do we really want him to show up in Old Man Logan? I mean we saw the character backslide from Lady Deathstrike that happened from her appearing there. Do we really want to see it happen again?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 09-19-2016 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Question is do we really want him to show up in Old Man Logan? I mean we saw the character backslide from Lady Deathstrike that happened from her appearing there. Do we really want to see it happen again?
    Yeah, as I said above that's my big concern about bringing him in, as well. The changes he went through as a result of The Logan Legacy and Wolverines (excluding the losing his arm and eye part. Since Creed, X, and Elixir got their powers back, it makes sense that Daken would, too) could offer a fresh and interesting take on their relationship, and I'd hate to see that lost by reverting to the status quo as happened with Yuriko.