Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I hate Daken. Always have. Wouldn't mind never seeing him again honestly. But maybe that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hate Daken. Always have. Wouldn't mind never seeing him again honestly. But maybe that's just me...
    I'm with you, buddy.

I've been enjoying this series pretty much since issue 1...however, I am over this story arc and would like it to move onto Logan going after those people on his list again. Also, anyone else get the feeling they're setting it up that Logan is the reason for all the bad stuff that happened in his future? Like, he's the one who somehow gave the Red Skull the idea to gather all the villains and attack?

As for Daken, I was never a fan of the character either, but wasn't the last time we saw him in the pages of Uncanny Avengers when he was brought back to life by Kang or something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I've been enjoying this series pretty much since issue 1...however, I am over this story arc and would like it to move onto Logan going after those people on his list again. Also, anyone else get the feeling they're setting it up that Logan is the reason for all the bad stuff that happened in his future? Like, he's the one who somehow gave the Red Skull the idea to gather all the villains and attack?

As for Daken, I was never a fan of the character either, but wasn't the last time we saw him in the pages of Uncanny Avengers when he was brought back to life by Kang or something?
    Logan's hit list has already been resolved once he figured out he wasn't in his own past. Also, Banner is already dead. I doubt they're going to revisit it.

Daken was last seen in The Logan Legacy / Wolverines. He'd lost his healing factor in the former, and his arm and eye in the latter. However X-23 and Sabretooth also lost their healing factors in the last issue of Wolverines, but they both got theirs back, so there's no logical reason Daken's wouldn't have been restored, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Logan's hit list has already been resolved once he figured out he wasn't in his own past. Also, Banner is already dead. I doubt they're going to revisit it.

Daken was last seen in The Logan Legacy / Wolverines. He'd lost his healing factor in the former, and his arm and eye in the latter. However X-23 and Sabretooth also lost their healing factors in the last issue of Wolverines, but they both got theirs back, so there's no logical reason Daken's wouldn't have been restored, too.
    oh yeah I know we're passed the list but I would like to see it revisited in some kind of fashion. Yeah I understand Marvel is a business and these characters are their products and they need to do new things to keep peoples interest but I really believe this whole 8 month gap/ignore cherry pick continuity is a poor business decision/model.

BANNED

oh yeah I know we're passed the list but I would like to see it revisited in some kind of fashion. Yeah I understand Marvel is a business and these characters are their products and they need to do new things to keep peoples interest but I really believe this whole 8 month gap/ignore cherry pick continuity is a poor business decision/model.
    The timeskip isn't really an issue in of itself. Marvel's real problems right now are:

1) Editorial has been too hands-off in making sure everyone's on the same page, and it's anybody's guess how all the stories are supposed to connect. There's been precisely TWO issues in the X-line I can recall seeing that have had explicit indications of WHEN they're set in the timeline: Old Man Logan #1 literally began with the recreation of the Multiverse at the end of Civil War, while the All-New Wolverine Annual is noted as set prior to Civil War (placing it between ANW 7 and 8). Good luck figuring out when Extraordinary, Uncanny, and All-New X-Men are set in relation to one another. For that matter, ANXM may as well be set in an entirely different universe altogether.

This is continuing a trend that began after AvX, where you'd have multiple books set in the same time frame that were not only contradictory (especially as pertains the relationship between Logan and Cyclops), but gave no indication of how they were all supposed to FIT. Uncanny, All-New, Amazing, Adjectiveless, and WatXM were ALL supposed to slot in to the same timeframe, yet it's impossible to reconcile them. Hell, The Will of Charles Xavier dragged for so long that Logan was STILL ALIVE when it began, DEAD when it ended, and got clumsily handwaved after the timeline was reset...wait, no it wasn't. Logan just plain DIDN'T APPEAR at the will reading without explanation after Eva Bell Deus Ex Machina'ed a way out of the hole Bendis was digging. Good luck figuring out how Axis, the ANXM Ultimate Crossover, and the Will of Charles Xavier were supposed to fit together; Ultimate occurred simultaneously with Will of Charles Xavier, which dragged so long that it bled over into the release of Axis.

It's honestly a mess, and has led to a situation where there's no sense of cohesion even between books in the same office, much less the entire main Marvel universe. I'd have loved seeing the ANXM respond to Storm's and Magneto's addresses to the world in EXM and UXM, respectively, especially because the supposed "mission statement" of the book IN THE FIRST PLACE was the ANXM seeing the mess their older selves/predecessors have made and seeking to find their own way (good luck to Champions. Hope they have better luck with the same premise).

2) You have multiple writers writing the same character as if they're entirely different people. X-23 has been one of the most egregious examples under ANAD, but again, it's symptomatic of a larger trend. Going back to post-AvX, in one book (WatXM, IIRC) Logan and Scott made amends and established something of a functional relationship again. Yet under Bendis Logan's RRRRHate is in full force up until his death.

3) Marvel's current policy is the cockamamie idea that continuity gets in the way of good storytelling. Um. No, Marvel. If the story you want to tell doesn't work because continuity (and I mean SIGNIFICANT stuff, not minor obscure details fans get the giggles over seeing referenced but aren't particularly important) gets in the way, the problem is NOT with the continuity. IE Rachel Grey's very EXISTENCE should have prevented AvX from happening as it actually unfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The timeskip isn't really an issue in of itself. Marvel's real problems right now are:

1) Editorial has been too hands-off in making sure everyone's on the same page, and it's anybody's guess how all the stories are supposed to connect. There's been precisely TWO issues in the X-line I can recall seeing that have had explicit indications of WHEN they're set in the timeline: Old Man Logan #1 literally began with the recreation of the Multiverse at the end of Civil War, while the All-New Wolverine Annual is noted as set prior to Civil War (placing it between ANW 7 and 8). Good luck figuring out when Extraordinary, Uncanny, and All-New X-Men are set in relation to one another. For that matter, ANXM may as well be set in an entirely different universe altogether.

This is continuing a trend that began after AvX, where you'd have multiple books set in the same time frame that were not only contradictory (especially as pertains the relationship between Logan and Cyclops), but gave no indication of how they were all supposed to FIT. Uncanny, All-New, Amazing, Adjectiveless, and WatXM were ALL supposed to slot in to the same timeframe, yet it's impossible to reconcile them. Hell, The Will of Charles Xavier dragged for so long that Logan was STILL ALIVE when it began, DEAD when it ended, and got clumsily handwaved after the timeline was reset...wait, no it wasn't. Logan just plain DIDN'T APPEAR at the will reading without explanation after Eva Bell Deus Ex Machina'ed a way out of the hole Bendis was digging. Good luck figuring out how Axis, the ANXM Ultimate Crossover, and the Will of Charles Xavier were supposed to fit together; Ultimate occurred simultaneously with Will of Charles Xavier, which dragged so long that it bled over into the release of Axis.

It's honestly a mess, and has led to a situation where there's no sense of cohesion even between books in the same office, much less the entire main Marvel universe. I'd have loved seeing the ANXM respond to Storm's and Magneto's addresses to the world in EXM and UXM, respectively, especially because the supposed "mission statement" of the book IN THE FIRST PLACE was the ANXM seeing the mess their older selves/predecessors have made and seeking to find their own way (good luck to Champions. Hope they have better luck with the same premise).

2) You have multiple writers writing the same character as if they're entirely different people. X-23 has been one of the most egregious examples under ANAD, but again, it's symptomatic of a larger trend. Going back to post-AvX, in one book (WatXM, IIRC) Logan and Scott made amends and established something of a functional relationship again. Yet under Bendis Logan's RRRRHate is in full force up until his death.

3) Marvel's current policy is the cockamamie idea that continuity gets in the way of good storytelling. Um. No, Marvel. If the story you want to tell doesn't work because continuity (and I mean SIGNIFICANT stuff, not minor obscure details fans get the giggles over seeing referenced but aren't particularly important) gets in the way, the problem is NOT with the continuity. IE Rachel Grey's very EXISTENCE should have prevented AvX from happening as it actually unfolded.

Valid points, but I have to ask, how should have Rachels existence have prevented AVX?

BANNED

Valid points, but I have to ask, how should have Rachels existence have prevented AVX?
    There was a Waiting For The Trade that summed it up quite nicely, but I can't find it right now.

Suffice to say, her existence exposes just how GLARINGLY contrived it was, and that in order to avoid a plot hole the size of the Grand Canyon she was virtually omitted from the event entirely, because Bendis needed Cyclops, Wolverine, and Captain America to be STUPIDLY incompetent to make it work. The fact that Rachel had achieved complete and total mastery of the Pheonix Force and knew it better than anyone except perhaps Jean herself would have derailed the entire "plot."

They didn't even come up with a way to incapacitate her. She just got shoved into the background and her connection to the Phoenix was NEVER MENTIONED.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

On racheal and the pheonix i completely agree. Wverything pheonix past DPS was Ignored which is really bad on Marvel. Also another bad thing was going the scarlwt witch route and changing what ahould have been Hopes momment with the lights IMO in AvX.

For E-616 Logan, A sort of which "a yearning for family of Daken" may have been just a "stain". In the end, he did purge it from the world for cutting off bad future possibility on his own life and community, and then he got his relief.

Daken may be ignorant of family or love, but in fact, He always placed his loved ones he cares about above his own ambitions(=for him it's literally everything), in a corner/trouble/difficulties. For Laura in Wolverines #15, For Mystique in Daken Dark Wolverine #3, For Agent Kiel as his Love interest & companion in Daken Dark Wolverine #20. Or for E-616 Logan who showed little interest in vengeance and second chance for his primary earth wife & the future of their boy, while Daken had given priority in a corner to his "normality" and yearning for "family".

On the other hand, When Daken sets his Yearning to build the empire on his will & mind, He always Wins to his challenge. He really did, and is able to even take advantage of Reed Richards and his blind spot as a great opportunity. (Daken Dark Wolverine #4)

Plus, "The 100 Most Influential People" of TIME tells us that Putin, the President of the Russia, is one of strong leaders in the world, aside from a question of whether he is also one of good and kind "ordinary" citizens or not.

On a similar viewpoint, Daken has some of important "virtues" on the Prince by Machiavelli. (that Way & Liu provided for the boy): "the Speed of the action", "the use of Cruelty & Clemency", and a sort of "the Separation of religion and politics". (you can see them especially in Collision arc). Also, Daken is on the nearest place to Claremont & Miller Wolverine's spirit than other Wolverines team members & even OML are, I think. (Logan Legacy #5).

"Character is the fate" by Heraclitus of Ephesus
    I believe Daken STILl IS one of great potential characters in Marvel comic.

If there's a chance of collision with Daken, then I wish writers would take the possibilities & sparkle of Daken himself which Way & Liu & Camuncoli cherished and gave him, into account.

So wait... after Logan drowned Daken, he came back as a Horseman... and then after that he was "normal" Daken again until the Wolverines legacy stuff?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So wait... after Logan drowned Daken, he came back as a Horseman... and then after that he was "normal" Daken again until the Wolverines legacy stuff?
    IIRC, Soule said he still had the Horseman stuff, he could just turn it off/on at will.