Default Star Trek's 50th Ann?

Doing anything? Started watching the original series again and today I'm speaking with an ever so slight........ Shatner..... accent which no one at work is getting.

Looking at my grey hair (among the few hairs I still have) and lamenting the fact that I also turn 50 in two months. Nothing hammers home old more than realizing you are the same age as cultural icons.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Doing nothing special except looking forward to the "Beyond" film.

Leonard Nimoy didn't live the 50th anniversary. So sad.

Yeah, I wish he had made it along with James Doohan and DeForrest Kelley. I didn't see it from the very beginning but IIRC the first episode I saw as a child was the Man Trap, the salt vampire. BTW, we kids always talked about the show at school at that time. This was at the times when most homes only had one TV set and it was a good thing my Dad liked the show too or else we'd be all watching some Western. He loved those.

I would like to mention that NBC that year had commissioned promo art for their lineup that year. James Bama a commercial artist who also did some covers for the Doc Savage paperbacks, did NBC's promo art for Star Trek's first season. It was also used for a paperback novelization of the series episodes. I used to have almost all of those