Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My takeaway from ANXM was that Apocalypse is all Beast's fault.
    Not really. Beast didnt change anything that was already established

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Not really. Beast didnt change anything that was already established
    Unless you believe in predestination paradox: En Sabah Nur became Apocalypse because Beast and Evan ALWAYS came back in time, and Beast ALWAYS screwed up En Sabah Nur's attempt to escape his father by getting captured. These events just happened off-panel in prior depictions of Apocalypse's history.

Therefore, Apocalypse is all Beast's fault.

I thought Apocalypse Wars had its moments. It wasn't the best Apocalypse story ever done, nor did it try to be. But it wasn't terrible. I don't think it really flew off the rails at any point. It didn't really go above and beyond either, but then again very few stories do.

If I had to single out one part of Apocalypse Wars as being superior, I would definitely go with All-New X-men. That story with O5 Beast and Kid Apocalypse was supurb. Definitely the best thing Hopeless has done in his run on All-New X-men to date. Extraordinary was decent, but average. Same with Uncanny, although I think that was slightly better. But if I had to recommend one of those three, I'd definitely recommend All-New.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

it's not really a event, you could skip it.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Nothing special but if you do not have high expectations can be a good read for some.

EXM was improving well close to the end but overall it was weak continuing spreading the message that mutants are lost and destined for oblivion bla, bla, bla. Putting Colossus again as a villain was also sorely lacking originality. Some good times with some young mutants and good action scenes with the horsemen but otherwise nothing else.

ANXM was the weakest of all to me but perhaps not like the O5 my opinion is compromised.

Uncanny was the best in my opinion still can not say was perfect had the feeling they ran with the outcome. Good action scenes, respected continuity, most plot addressed answered.
    Last edited by Knives; 09-09-2016 at 08:09 AM.

They are really just story arcs, the only one I can imagine not happening anyway would be EXM. Uncanny's "Tie-In" is a really natural second arc (also, my fav of the lot surprisingly). All-New had been promising a look at Evan for a while and Hank trying to send them back in time fits the book. EXM's arc is a bit more it's own thing, and certainly the closest to a "traditional" Apocalypse story (Weirdly the one I disliked the most, when I've always been a fan of classic-style Apocalypse stories-- I still can't bring myself to hate Blood of Apocalypse, but I have always been a big detractor of EXM), but still doesn't justify "event" status.

Marvel referred to it as a "Fall of the Mutants" style event, which I respect, but the evolution of comic book "events" means that a lot of people simply won't understand how it's an event. In addition, Fall of the Mutants had it's separate stories, but had more in common and actually affected the other books because of what happened in those stories. Now it's entirely plausible that the fallout from an A-Wars storyline may pop-up down the road in a significant way, I'm doubtful, but it could happen. However, FotM had the Right (cross-over from X-Factor to NM), the death of the X-Men and Archangel. Archangel wouldn't be significant outside of X-Factor for some time, but Doug Ramsey and the X-Men would be referred to almost immediately going forwards. A-Wars has really just one major set-up change, that I won't list bc I may or may not have forgotten how to spoiler tag. It makes sense to collect FotM into one collection, it really does (helps that surronding issues aren't collected so often), but with A-Wars it makes much more sense to buy the A-Wars tie-ins when they come out as the second volume of TPBs. As I said previously, they really are just another arc. The arcs have the same title is all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    it's not really a event, you could skip it.
    Event, crossover, whatever. I just wanted a good apocalypse story. It appears i haven't missed much since secret wars...Oh well, plenty of classic material left to purchase with that money.

Has there even been a really good Apocalypse story since AoA? Dark Angel don't count. Maybe Apoc solution?

Anyway, keep eyes peeled for what looks like a Apocalypse story in '92

Spectacular Member

The Dark angle saga was pretty good if you count that

I found them decidedly average, but there were some things I liked.

I liked ANXM showing young Apocalypse prior to the Darwinist philosophy.
    Having Holocaust in Uncanny was great. I feel like the character has a lot of potential as a vilain. Sadly, they did what they always do with him and killed him. But at least he always seems to come back eventually (some form of him anyway).
    And I'm happy and hopefull about Extraordinay bringing a proper vilainous Apocalypse back into the present. I just hope this won't be older Evan and actually be the real Apocalypse.
    I also liked them using Anole, but I hated that they changed him from a versatile stealth/fighter to just another brick (I think that's the right designation).