Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Action Comics #963 preview

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/09/08/e...-clark-kent-/3

clark kent POV, he really believes he is clark kent from smallville

Since the time of Smallville(TV) and N52 ... I had never more glad than now to see Clark Kent.. even if this is temporal..

Astonishing Member

Reminds me of the classic story 'Superman Takes a Wife' which recaps how E2 Superman and Lois married.

In that story, the Wizard (I think) cast a spell to destroy Superman. While he succeeded in destroying Superman, Clark Kent survived, with no memory of his alter ego. With no need to hide behind a timid facade, Clark Kent become a crusading reporter, boldly taking on the underworld, which is what drew Lois to him.

The Clark Kent here seems to be the same...a Clark who doesn't have another identity and so has nothing to hide and tries to fight crime as himself. Wonder if its an intentional allusion to that story.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Reminds me of the classic story 'Superman Takes a Wife' which recaps how E2 Superman and Lois married.

In that story, the Wizard (I think) cast a spell to destroy Superman. While he succeeded in destroying Superman, Clark Kent survived, with no memory of his alter ego. With no need to hide behind a timid facade, Clark Kent become a crusading reporter, boldly taking on the underworld, which is what drew Lois to him.

The Clark Kent here seems to be the same...a Clark who doesn't have another identity and so has nothing to hide and tries to fight crime as himself. Wonder if its an intentional allusion to that story.
    The Clark Kent of that story retained his powers. The Wizard only buried his Superman persona
    "Man of Steel Man of Might - Ever Just Ever Right ....."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    The Clark Kent of that story retained his powers. The Wizard only buried his Superman persona
    "Man of Steel Man of Might - Ever Just Ever Right ....."
    Yeah I know...I'm talking just in terms of the personality of that Clark Kent.

Astonishing Member

Is it possible to keep this Clark Kent permanently? The prospect of two CK's in the same universe tickles me for some reason, especially when the one is depowered with no memories of being Superman. It's convoluted and I don't know how they could make it work but I'd like for them to try.

This is all going to be f*^%#<$ stupid, ain't it?

I think, that Action Comics will answer the question: "What happened with Clark after Batman / Superman Annual 2?"

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I can only guess this is going to be pretty predictable. Have a hard time seeing Matrix when they have Kara, and I also have a hard time seeing anything beyond what my senses say will happen. He's got a red shirt. Neff said.

Astonishing Member

BOO! I don't want him to be a red shirt.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    BOO! I don't want him to be a red shirt.
    I don't want that either. But what are the chances of them putting Matrix in when they already have Kara? Although maybe they won't mind doing both, and have something like Matrix be something other than Supergirl. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Is it possible to keep this Clark Kent permanently? The prospect of two CK's in the same universe tickles me for some reason, especially when the one is depowered with no memories of being Superman. It's convoluted and I don't know how they could make it work but I'd like for them to try.
    I think ... that DC did after rebirth idea that they not want to have repeated characters .. because they represent the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Yes, stupid, like this of..

We don´t want repeated characters because represent the same(after show rebirth)...

IDIOTS. You say this after repeat the characters in Superman for now replace the originals of this universe with this excuse of rebirth? Thanks for destroy any hope..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-09-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    I think, that Action Comics will answer the question: "What happened with Clark after Batman / Superman Annual 2?"
    I don't know if you are the one who is posting this in different threads, but I don't know why you keep thinking that storyline is getting resolved randomly.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 09-09-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'm really excited for this storyline! The preview looks awesome. It's a cool, Silver Age-ish kind of hook.

Will likely tie into all the weirdness that's going on with the DCU post-Rebirth.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

"His authenticity is yet to be determined." Good one, Lex Luthor.

And the answer to your question, Prime, is likely to be a resounding yes.