All-New Member

Default EC Sci-Fi Reprints: Dark Horse vs. Fantagraphics

Hey, all. Looking for some advice. I won $200 in a drawing at work and have decided to use it to buy a bunch of EC Weird Science/Fantasy reprints. I notice they seem to come in two flavors:

1) Full issue color reprints from Dark Horse (EC Archives: Weird Science).
    2) Black and white creator collections from Fantagraphics (Al Williamson's 50 Girls 50, Wally Wood's Came the Dawn, Zero Hour, etc.)

Does anyone else have these and have a recommendation? I like the creator focus of the Fantagraphics books and the variety of titles in them (not just Weird Science/Weird Fantasy), but I love the Wally Wood EC covers, so if the Fantagraphics books don't include them, that could be a deal-breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by DrthVictor View Post
    Hey, all. Looking for some advice. I won $200 in a drawing at work and have decided to use it to buy a bunch of EC Weird Science/Fantasy reprints. I notice they seem to come in two flavors:

1) Full issue color reprints from Dark Horse (EC Archives: Weird Science).
    2) Black and white creator collections from Fantagraphics (Al Williamson's 50 Girls 50, Wally Wood's Came the Dawn, Zero Hour, etc.)

Does anyone else have these and have a recommendation? I like the creator focus of the Fantagraphics books and the variety of titles in them (not just Weird Science/Weird Fantasy), but I love the Wally Wood EC covers, so if the Fantagraphics books don't include them, that could be a deal-breaker.
    don't know if you knew that but the Dark horse books are oversized but the FB are available in slipcase as well which looks quite neat. Can't remember about the covers though I've sold my set since it wasn't really my cuppa but in this video it looks like they don't have them: